Just swapped to Kamiq from Karoq- delighted so far

Steve64

Yes, and it's brilliant, again to judge by size is a flawed theory, LED tech ensures excellent visibility, and I drive a lot on unlit country roads. You don't have to imagine how something is if you try it first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Steve64 - 

25 minutes ago, chli said:

Drove it for the first time during night time on Saturday and the light is very good indeed !

Did you manage to reset your trip meter RodTucker ? I posted video instructions a few posts ago.

yes I did but it was weird. Would only obey if I swiped right on the reset button.

Yes from the screen. My steering wheel control didn't seem happy to respond. 

Going back to dealer to sort out a minor problem and will ask them to look at that.

Next issue is that I can't log in to Skoda Connect.

1 hour ago, RodTucker said:

Next issue is that I can't log in to Skoda Connect

I had that a day or two ago and got a message to say there was a problem which they were aware of and which was being worked on. It's working fine again for me now.

On 14/09/2020 at 10:51, chli said:

I assume you mean from the main screen, I posted instructions on how to do it from the steering wheel  and virtual cockpit.

Instructions very handy, thought it had to be done via the main screen.

Much appreciated 👍

• Thanks 1

Lane assist is a nightmare as said by others as crossing a narrow bridge I had to hold it off strongly as it desperately wanted to drive into the parapet and over the edge. Luckily with cruise control it can be switched off. Part of a pre-drive cockpit check is to switch off the bureaucrats safety measures not trusting humans at all apart from an implicit trust in the computer code they have written.

Massive bug in the Auto as I have read elsewhere if you switch off not in park it will not recognise when put in park again. I went through cycles of switching off, going to drive and park and the mirrors would not deploy as I had folded them or the car not lock and the error message repeating I was heading to the workshop as the error message said. After driving for 6 minutes with no wing mirrors and stopping at traffic lights and running to Park and back to drive the mirrors deployed and it was back to normal. It makes you feel for those pilots in the 737 Max who could not stop and there was no time for the bug to sort out amd wondering which virtual button to press. The Karoq just needed putting in to Park and was OK. It looks like the Kamiq does not immediately recognise Park reselection and just times out the error after a few minutes when the dumb computer realises you have driven off and it is all rather academic.

Brilliant car apart from that and handling is much tighter and with less SUV lumbering around corners than the Karoq. The view out through the windscreen is panoramic also with a very low bonnet. The higher power 1 litre pulls well also and much nicer to drive than the 1.5 Karoq as pressing the accelerator too hard from start in the auto resulted in alarming anti-wheelspin banging and juddering.

Edited by Skodbuster
Clarification

The Kamiq is I am sure a good car, most Skoda's with the exception of the short lived Rapid have been good. I do not however like the front styling compared with the Karoq or Kodiak.  Those slit like head lights just don't look right, make it look like a Citreon.

no, not really, all ranges of suv's seem a bit like russian dolls these days, only so much you can do with a shell five doors and acheive the amount of space you need and get economy figures governed by wind tunnel tech, citroen id very different:yawn:

5 minutes ago, KaroqHenry said:

I think the Kamiq looks a lot like a C4 Cactus!!!!

You got that wrong, it looks like the Bugatti Chiron :rofl:

Look, it's red and has the same lights !

spacer.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KaroqHenry said:

The Kamiq is I am sure a good car, most Skoda's with the exception of the short lived Rapid have been good. I do not however like the front styling compared with the Karoq or Kodiak.  Those slit like head lights just don't look right, make it look like a Citreon.

The slit like headlights are daytime running lights and indicator the main lights are bellow

Edited by skoda1982

16 hours ago, KaroqHenry said:

It is a good car and a decent engine choice. Colours really nice too! 

What engine are you going for? 

Edited by Tim1631

16 hours ago, Steve64 said:

you mean Citroen perhaps. I don't agree:giggle:

It does look like it a little 😎

36 minutes ago, Steve64 said:

horses for courses, we all like different things, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, hence we all like different cars and different aspects of them, thank goodness we have choice

It's a great looking car Steve, with a decent engine. Happy motoring 😊

Edited by Tim1631