Order Lead Times

jobsworth

1 hour ago, FireBIade said:

Oh pants, i'm just at the start of the process and my guy rekons 12 weeks which puts it in mid Dec. Do you think I will get stung?

Hi btw I'm new here, been driving Hot Honda's for the last 15 years or so.

Hard to know what's happening post Jan 1. On the plus side most of us who ordered in Aug were told 12 weeks and it's looking closer to 8-10. 

Never have I been happy to read the words 'arrived in Grimsby' as I was today :) 

I was actually sad enough to look at the 'ship tracker' mentioned on another thread and I saw on of the 'highway' car carriers heading into Grimsby so I kind of hoped my car would be on it.

Now just needs picking up, depositing in Sheffield and PDI'ing. At this rate I'll be < 6 weeks from order to delivery.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, alex_leigh67 said:

Hard to know what's happening post Jan 1. On the plus side most of us who ordered in Aug were told 12 weeks and it's looking closer to 8-10. 

If it's landed in the UK before 31/12 you should avoid the import duty even if it hasn't been transported to your dealer, prepared and handed over to you I reckon, so that gives a bit more leeway. 

1 hour ago, alex_leigh67 said:

Never have I been happy to read the words 'arrived in Grimsby' as I was today :) 

I was actually sad enough to look at the 'ship tracker' mentioned on another thread and I saw on of the 'highway' car carriers heading into Grimsby so I kind of hoped my car would be on it.

Now just needs picking up, depositing in Sheffield and PDI'ing. At this rate I'll be < 6 weeks from order to delivery.

Lucky sod :D

• Like 1

On 22/09/2020 at 19:43, FireBIade said:

Oh pants, i'm just at the start of the process and my guy rekons 12 weeks which puts it in mid Dec. Do you think I will get stung?

Hi btw I'm new here, been driving Hot Honda's for the last 15 years or so.

TBH having left it this late I would suggest you buy a car from stock rather than risk a factory order arriving in January and being stung with inport duty.

8 hours ago, KaroqHenry said:

TBH having left it this late I would suggest you buy a car from stock rather than risk a factory order arriving in January and being stung with inport duty.

Yeah I had no clue about it until I started to read the forum's. 

Anyhow I've ordered so fingers and everything else crossed

So to update this thread I am told my new Karoq will be with the dealer tomorrow (Friday 2nd Oct) and will be ready for collection on an agreed date next week! My original documentation shows an order date of 11th July with an estimated delivery date of 30th Sept. Hopefully get a look at the car tomorrow when I go do the paperwork. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...