Build Week 40

KaroqHenry

I took delivery of my Karoq on Friday, I was told it was built week 35. It was only at the dealers for about 3 days the rest of the time was transit apparently.

Mine is definitely a MY21 car. It has the new 2 spoke wheel and 19inch Crater wheels. There is no SD card slot only the two USB C sockets, and no torch in the boot. My car was a dealer stock order but it has the almost full size spare factory fitted (this reduces the boot by 10cm depth), I think I would prefer the space saver!

Otherwise the big change seems to be to the Amundsen. Its operation is nothing like my old beloved Yeti, and no maps SD card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex_Yeti said:

I took delivery of my Karoq on Friday, I was told it was built week 35. It was only at the dealers for about 3 days the rest of the time was transit apparently.

Mine is definitely a MY21 car. It has the new 2 spoke wheel and 19inch Crater wheels. There is no SD card slot only the two USB C sockets, and no torch in the boot. My car was a dealer stock order but it has the almost full size spare factory fitted (this reduces the boot by 10cm depth), I think I would prefer the space saver!

Otherwise the big change seems to be to the Amundsen. Its operation is nothing like my old beloved Yeti, and no maps SD card.

Losing the torch seems a backward step but not the end of the world I guess, still have the umbrella I assume ;)

Does the MY21 Karoq have dynamic/sweeping  indicators?

Just now, Dyrnog said:

Losing the torch seems a backward step but not the end of the world I guess, still have the umbrella I assume ;)

No sweeping indicators 

• Thanks 1

Collected my Edition today. No torch, yes umbrella. Much quieter than the Yeti. Sunroof makes for an airy bright interior with beige trim. Ride on 19's seems on a par with Yeti on 17's. Far more room in the cabin and boot.

Andy

2 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Collected my Edition today. No torch, yes umbrella. Much quieter than the Yeti. Sunroof makes for an airy bright interior with beige trim. Ride on 19's seems on a par with Yeti on 17's. Far more room in the cabin and boot.

Andy

Thanks. Never ever used the torch in my Yeti. I've gone for the beige also - any pics? 

7 hours ago, Dyrnog said:

Expected in the facelift next year (to match the SEAT Ateca). So if you don't like them, buy the present model!

1 hour ago, CJJE said:

Expected in the facelift next year (to match the SEAT Ateca). So if you don't like them, buy the present model!

Thanks, should have one within a couple of weeks:biggrin:

The beige interior pics do look good, making me regret my dark grey a bit, but I'm please with my Meteor Grey and beige wouldn't suit that. I have only done about 150 miles so far but my SEL is  1.5148hp petrol with 19". I think its noisier than my previous1.2 110hp SEL Drive Yeti on 17". There's a soft rumble or burble and I'm not sure if its the engine note or the tyres?

I do agree that its much more spacious and that's the main reason I swapped, we also have some twisty bends and it takes those much better than the Yeti.

However, I found the infotainment a pain to set up and I'm still having issues with that - it seems to forget!

I went with dark interior as I tend to have mountain bikes and shaggy dogs in the back occasionally. I had a beige interior in a BMW once. Have to say it brightened up the cabin

Mine is now with dealer. Just rolled off the transporter apparently. Picking it up Wednesday and then driving 150 miles home.  

A bit more excited that I really should be ;)

3 minutes ago, alex_leigh67 said:

I went with dark interior as I tend to have mountain bikes and shaggy dogs in the back occasionally. I had a beige interior in a BMW once. Have to say it brightened up the cabin

Mine is now with dealer. Just rolled off the transporter apparently. Picking it up Wednesday and then driving 150 miles home.  

A bit more excited that I really should be ;)

I too have shaggy dogs - but a beige interior in the new motor (dogs in the wife's car!) Hopefully see the Karoq tomorrow and pick up on arranged date next week. 

• Like 2

Alex, Mike, I hope you guys enjoy both of yours, which models have you chosen? And yes I got rather excited about mine.

I have only done relatively short trips in mine so far but might go a bit further next weekend to visit my son. I still have some unwanted screens popping up on the Amundsen, at least one of these is related to Skoda Connect and sharing data the other is the S-pin but I may have fixed that?? I would be interested to know how you get on with those..

Rod

24 minutes ago, Ex_Yeti said:

Alex, Mike, I hope you guys enjoy both of yours, which models have you chosen? And yes I got rather excited about mine.

I have only done relatively short trips in mine so far but might go a bit further next weekend to visit my son. I still have some unwanted screens popping up on the Amundsen, at least one of these is related to Skoda Connect and sharing data the other is the S-pin but I may have fixed that?? I would be interested to know how you get on with those..

Rod

Mine is a 1.5 SEL with towbar, leather, virtual cockpit and speed warning. I've scanned through the manual.  About half of which is on the Infotainmnet. I'm coming from BMW idrive which is the best system I've ever used. So I expect it'll be quite a learning experience. 

51 minutes ago, Ex_Yeti said:

Rod

Thanks Rod

Mines a 1.5 Dsg Edition with a few extra bits. I'm coming from a Yeti so will be interesting to see how I can get to grips with the infotainment!! 

3 minutes ago, Mike643 said:

I'm coming from a Yeti so will be interesting to see how I can get to grips with the infotainment!! 

I've spent a couple of hours in mine with the Infotainment. The voice commands work rather well. You can change radio station and set navigation without touching the screen. All sorts of different setting to play with. Only thing at the moment, can't see if I can input postcodes in to the Nav system.

Andy

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Only thing at the moment, can't see if I can input postcodes in to the Nav system.

Well I would hope you can! I seem to remember it took me a while in the Yeti to work that out as it seems to have a sub menu you have to go to. 

My wife managed to input a post code simply by typing one in the destination search and the system recognised it but I haven't tried that. I have not found the dropdown sub menu like we had in our Yetis! I have managed to get "Home" saved twice as a favourite and I cannot see how to delete one of them.

Its all totally different to Yeti and I'm still on the learning curve.