Virtual Cockpit retrofit

Hello

I have plans to retrofit skoda superb virtual cockpit , i made the risk and bought the one from the link below, it already has arrived and i couldn´t be more happy ,i didn´t have to pay  costums and the seller gave me  better price .

As soon as i install the cluster i will post here.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005001320853346.html?gps-id=pcStoreNewArrivals&scm=1007.23409.123629.0&scm_id=1007.23409.123629.0&scm-url=1007.23409.123629.0&pvid=6be6ad9b-0d43-423d-9615-a3df8633d0a6&spm=a2g0o.store_home.smartNewArrivals_106278476.1005001320853346

• Like 1

Does anyone know what is the correct part for the trim below the cluster in my case 3V0857053NF8 or 3V0857053ANF8 to be used with virtual cockpit ?

NF8 is the correct color but i don´t know if i can use the trim i currently have, it seams it has to be diferent.

Interesting. I just got a quote from a retrofitter and it’s € 2200 to fit. The VC part alone is € 1480. Thats not worth it to me. But you payed way less. I hope you succeed. 

On 18/09/2020 at 09:54, Tin82 said:

Interesting. I just got a quote from a retrofitter and it’s € 2200 to fit. The VC part alone is € 1480. Thats not worth it to me. But you payed way less. I hope you succeed. 

Hi i retrofitted mine cockpit total price was around 1k euros + VAS5054 chinese adaptor around 70eur, but i changed it by myself, but to be honest there is nothing difficult.

20200916_095138.jpg

1 hour ago, RomanB said:

Hi i retrofitted mine cockpit total price was around 1k euros + VAS5054 chinese adaptor around 70eur, but i changed it by myself, but to be honest there is nothing difficult.

20200916_095138.jpg

How did you code it? I understood you need ODIS to program the (KESSY) keys or else it won’t start. Would be very nice if i could do this myself. 

45 minutes ago, Tin82 said:

How did you code it? I understood you need ODIS to program the (KESSY) keys or else it won’t start. Would be very nice if i could do this myself. 

So, it was included in the price, i think old configuration was copy from original one, all operations were done remotely by teamviewer and flexihub app. I just phisicaly instaled new cockpit and run optical cable to MIB. Later i have installed ODIS and start to play with it to activate some functions, but there are some still i can't.

• 2 weeks later...

Gents, if you want to install it I can arrange it for you but as i mentioned,  I installed it by myself only coding was done remotely, for this purpose you need to have vas5054. And if you need more details please send pm.

I look forward to seeing the results. If it would be that simple and below £ 500 it would be a great deal for me.
Maybe it's like with a rear view camera ..

it's enough to buy it for about £ 16 and it works perfectly.

• 3 months later...
On 9/16/2020 at 12:01, Camarao69 said:

Hello

I have plans to retrofit skoda superb virtual cockpit , i made the risk and bought the one from the link below, it already has arrived and i couldn´t be more happy ,i didn´t have to pay  costums and the seller gave me  better price .

As soon as i install the cluster i will post here.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005001320853346.html?gps-id=pcStoreNewArrivals&scm=1007.23409.123629.0&scm_id=1007.23409.123629.0&scm-url=1007.23409.123629.0&pvid=6be6ad9b-0d43-423d-9615-a3df8633d0a6&spm=a2g0o.store_home.smartNewArrivals_106278476.1005001320853346

Hi. How did it go the installation? Does it need the mib 2.5 unit? Or it works with the mib 2 too?

Any update?:)

26 minutes ago, QubiDK said:

Does it need the mib 2.5 unit? Or it works with the mib 2 too?

I recently had a VC retrofitted in my Kodiaq, and decided to keep my columbus MIB2 instead of upgrading to 2.5. MIB2 cannot send maps to the VC - I knew this and I don't mind. However I also cannot get the VC settings screen on the infotainment, so there are some VC settings that I can't change. Everything else works, so it's ok. 

4 minutes ago, Teir said:

I recently had a VC retrofitted in my Kodiaq, and decided to keep my columbus MIB2 instead of upgrading to 2.5. MIB2 cannot send maps to the VC - I knew this and I don't mind. However I also cannot get the VC settings screen on the infotainment, so there are some VC settings that I can't change. Everything else works, so it's ok. 

Sound interesting. I wouldn't mind either the map part, if the navi info still comes up as on the dot display.

Which VC setting do you mean? 

9 hours ago, Teir said:

This settings page, to customise the views: 

received_1887563288063789.webp 22.71 kB · 4 downloads

That means that you have only one view? or there is another option to change that...

I saw also that the factory fitted ones, have a view button on the driving wheel, meanwhile on the other ones a phone icon.

I think to get the MIB 2.5 system too much hassle, and not that big of an update compared to the MIB 2, at least that is my opinion.

So if only the maps cannot be displayed on the VC, but the directions are there....fine by me.

On 02/02/2021 at 16:03, Camarao69 said:

Hello 

Finaly i have done it  with the help of Vagguide. https://m.facebook.com/vagguide/

My car is 2016 version , i had to change BCM and GATEWAY  so that everything was functional. I had to replace the trim under the dashboard  was well .

This retrofit depends on the MY of the car , after MY17 i think you only need virtual cockpit.

20210202_124435.jpg

looks great!  Is this the VC from ali? Was it an original part?

Just now, Tin82 said:

looks great!  Is this the VC from ali? Was it an original part?

I did buy it from ALI it is original one but maufactered for China market, it will have another part# but it is fully function and has absolutly the same features languages etc as part for EU

2 hours ago, RomanB said:

I did buy it from ALI it is original one but maufactered for China market, it will have another part# but it is fully function and has absolutly the same features languages etc as part for EU

Hello , yes i buy from ALI, it is a original part from China, but it works the same.

58 minutes ago, Camarao69 said:

Hello , yes i buy from ALI, it is a original part from China, but it works the same.

I guess you changed also the whole mib system and upgraded to 2.5... how much difference between the wiring and wiring harnesses? Have to be replaced everything by the upgrade or enough the main unit and the additional screen (with the wires for the screen)?

On 02/02/2021 at 16:03, Camarao69 said:

Hello 

Finaly i have done it  with the help of Vagguide. https://m.facebook.com/vagguide/

My car is 2016 version , i had to change BCM and GATEWAY  so that everything was functional. I had to replace the trim under the dashboard  was well .

This retrofit depends on the MY of the car , after MY17 i think you only need virtual cockpit.

20210202_124435.jpg

i really want to go ahead with this, but my dealer is unwilling to do the needed coding via odis. How was your VC coded? Was it done remotely? What were the cost?

1 hour ago, Tin82 said:

i really want to go ahead with this, but my dealer is unwilling to do the needed coding via odis. How was your VC coded? Was it done remotely? What were the cost?

I had my VC coded remotely using a vas5054a. It was the immobiliser, key pairing, odometer and component protection.

I tweaked the lcode and adaptions afterwards to get things working perfectly using VCDS.

It'll depend who does it but I'd expect it to be less than €100...

As my car is a MY18, I only needed to add the MOST optical cable, replace the under dash trim and replace the steering wheel buttons (view button) to get the factory fitted feel 👍

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

I had my VC coded remotely using a vas5054a. It was the immobiliser, key pairing, odometer and component protection.

I tweaked the lcode and adaptions afterwards to get things working perfectly using VCDS.

It'll depend who does it but I'd expect it to be less than €100...

As my car is a MY18, I only needed to add the MOST optical cable, replace the under dash trim and replace the steering wheel buttons (view button) to get the factory fitted feel 👍

Would you mind sharing the info of the guy who coded your car. I’m interested in his services. 

On 05/02/2021 at 16:34, QubiDK said:

I guess you changed also the whole mib system and upgraded to 2.5... how much difference between the wiring and wiring harnesses? Have to be replaced everything by the upgrade or enough the main unit and the additional screen (with the wires for the screen)?

Hello you don't need to change the harness , you just need the unit and display. Depending on the case ,you may need to cut a litle bit of the plug so it fits the display.