Memory module for Start-Stop button

I got the buttons out but the cable was way to short to get disconnected and reconnected.

I eventually solved it by just using OBD11 and coding the start/stop out. Seemed to have worked.

2 hours ago, TL@ said:

I got the buttons out but the cable was way to short to get disconnected and reconnected.

I eventually solved it by just using OBD11 and coding the start/stop out. Seemed to have worked.

obd11 worked ok on a 2022 model ?

did you code it out using the temperature or voltage method in the long coding or can it be done with the app ?

It seemed to work but after the car was stationary for a couple of hours, it stopped working.

I used the 'app' in OBD11. Guess it didn't stick.

And yes, 2022 model.

13 hours ago, TL@ said:

It seemed to work but after the car was stationary for a couple of hours, it stopped working.

I used the 'app' in OBD11. Guess it didn't stick.

And yes, 2022 model.

if you peel the rubber gator on the gear stick back, you should be able to get your hand in ,  push the button up and disconnect the wiring plug

with your hand in there, you should be able to hold the wiring connector and connect the memory module with the other hand

• Like 1

I'll try that next week. Just need to figure out how to get the gaiter off (on a manual you can twist the gearknob of but that doesn't work a DSG)

Thanks a lot for the help, I got it done yesterday. Seems to be working great.

It did hurt my fingers, a lot of force was required, I was a bat scared to damage something but in the end I managed without breaking or scratching anything.

20220207_134011627_Skoda Superb (Groot).jpg

20220208_133637543_Skoda Superb (Groot).jpg

20220208_133931665_Skoda Superb (Groot).jpg

• Like 2

But your start/stop button is on the wrong side (like the steering wheel 🤣), the buttons on that side of my car have longer cables too.

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/10/2020 at 13:23, MartiniB said:

1 - Brown
2 - Green
3 - Gray    *
4 - Red 1
5 - Orange 1
6 - White    *
7 - Purple    *
8 - Red 2
9 - Orange 2
10- Yellow

Thank you very much @MartiniB! I've bought S/S memory module for VW Passat B8 thinking it is the same (connectore looks same), because it was offered much cheaper. But i't didn't work with my Superb MK3. I removed the heatshrink in the middle of cable and the PCB looked exactly the same as yours, so I only swapped the pins in the connectors according to this pinout and it works like charm! (my cables are all black, excecpt theese that goes through the PCB, they are yellow - red - white instead gray - purple - white).

• Like 1

On Kia’s, if the button remains pushed down when the car is started it defaults to off and stays off. No ill-effects were reported. I’m sure there are more elegant ways, but I saw someone on a Stinger forum “bodge” it with a tiny piece of heatshrink wedged into the side of the button. Was almost invisible. 

No idea if Skodas work in the same way? Just throwing it out there in case someone wants to experiment…

• 2 weeks later...

Would be grateful is someone can point me to an video or manual how to pull out the buttons.

Already try to lift the leather around the gear stick. But I'm afraid to use much force , don't want to get squeaking noise because of broken clips.

Edit: Found it....

Edited by Samo78

• 4 weeks later...

After month of testing this module, I am little sad about it. I am experiencing the same issue described in this thread. Sometimes after I manually enable start-stop manually by pressing the button (shutting down the engine), module after about 2 seconds disables start-stop unexpectedly (effectively starting the engine).

Did someone fix this issue? Maybe some capacitor or resistor needs to be changed on the PCB?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midlan said:

After month of testing this module, I am little sad about it. I am experiencing the same issue described in this thread. Sometimes after I manually enable start-stop manually by pressing the button (shutting down the engine), module after about 2 seconds disables start-stop unexpectedly (effectively starting the engine).

Did someone fix this issue? Maybe some capacitor or resistor needs to be changed on the PCB?

Seems odd you press the Stop / Start button to enable the system.

The button is to turn off Stop / Start and therefore it will start your engine up!

The symbol is @ off 

And the manual should state that pressing this button disables the Stop / Start, so keeps engine running 24/7 if fuel allows.

3 hours ago, varooom said:

Seems odd you press the Stop / Start button to enable the system.

The button is to turn off Stop / Start and therefore it will start your engine up!

very smart, and what happens on second press?