MK 4 VRS ordered, anyone else?

parsey83

Hi folks

I have returned to the forum having previously owned a mk3 vrs Tsi for 6 years

I was very impressed with new vrs so have ordered a quartz grey dsg saloon. I believe  it may be one of the first customer orders in Northern Ireland 

Dealer has told me it’s sitting it port of exit at Germany. Has anyone had an recent experience as to how long it is likely to take to arrive at dealer? They’ve said anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks 

I am looking forward to getting her. Preffered  the look of the saloon over the estate this time

I am still not 100% on the wheels though and think it will need lowered slightly 

Anyone else ordered one as yet and if so how did you spec ?

I will get a few pics up once collected 

Thanks 

• Like 1

I just ordered one too. I loved the mk3 vrs and wish I'd never sold it, but I moved away because of the godawful face-lift headlights.

I won't drive an automatic so I'm really relived they did decide to make the mk4 manual - despite dropping the gti and cupra manual options- and have ordered the estate in corridor red (not impressed i had to pay for that paint though!)

No options for me, I'm happy with the spec as it comes, the only thing I considered was heated windscreen but its not worth it for me.

• Like 2

Be sure to add a few pics, the red looks very nice. The only option I went for was the spare tyre. Only ever had problems with the temp repair solution often supplied as standard now. Do you know how long you will have to wait for it?

I'm with you on ghe spare tyre I have a spacesaver that I'll be putting in the car. Wouldn't travel without one.

Dealer told me 4 months for mine so naturally I'm expecting it to be about 6; i don't think they've made any manuals yet and my past experience of skoda tells me to not get too excited.

Edited by Dr_Pepper

New here.  I’ve ordered one this weekend.  Race Blue hatch, DSG, petrol.  DCC, winter pack , park assist and a spare wheel.  

Will be a factory build so looking at end of January.  Will be a long 9 week.  First Skoda  moving from a VW. 

• Like 2
  • Groan 1

Jimc vrs - upon checking with local dealer re stock they informed me there were 4 cars already built and in the port of exit unallocated/unsold. They were all dsg hatches with spare tyres . Two were grey, one blue and one silver. I was happy enough with the spec and bought one of the grey ones. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jimc vrs said:

hatch  ,  how is your order  sat at germany , when i have to wait till week 51for build , only camera as a extra  

I’d imagine you could also have delivery in 3 to 4 weeks if you skipped the rear camera 

I am seriously considering getting one!

I've had my Mk3 FL 3 years at the end of this month so I'm expecting calls from the dealer to start soon trying to sell me a new one haha! 

I'm not going to order one. I don't need one, mine is on 13k miles. 

They do look nice though. 

But it would be madness. 

I wonder if, no never mind. 

Anyway, what would the wife say? 

If I got a white one would she notice? 

I want one!!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

I'm not going to order one. I don't need one, mine is on 13k miles. 

They do look nice though. 

But it would be madness. 

I wonder if, no never mind. 

Anyway, what would the wife say? 

If I got a white one would she notice? 

I want one!!

I was watching a review video on YouTube and told the wife I’ve ordered one, she laughed as if I was joking. So I will just collect it and turn up, there will be plenty of space in the boot for when she throws my belongings out the window lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A couple of weeks ago (last week of Nov), I ordered a

Meteor Grey Hatch, Petrol, DSG w. spare to arrive in March (at the end of my current PCH) - was given a build week that said it would be delivered at end of Feb, but got a call saying it had been brought forward and should be here January.

Am likely to hang on until March to pick it up, but let's see...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered an Estate, DSG, Meteor Gray, with DCC as the only option. Still waiting for an update regarding build and delivery, but hope to be some time in March, when my current lease ends... We'll see.

@parsey83- how do you find the new ride? :) Upload some pics, when you have a minute... :)

Love it so far, not many pics due to weather, short days and lockdown. Few niggles primarily with infotainment but I think this will improve with software updates etc. I think it’s a great all rounder car 

76BC197C-AE2E-4379-B87A-10D41BB29DC5.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, parsey83 said:

Love it so far, not many pics due to weather, short days and lockdown. Few niggles primarily with infotainment but I think this will improve with software updates etc. I think it’s a great all rounder car 

This is standard height, right? Or did you already lowered it? The gap on the back looks quite small comparing to some other pictures. :o  

@TheUltraRunner - Maybe @parsey83 has some stuff in the boot to weight it down :D Joke aside - I think the gap's alright, not sure why some people think it's too much. It's a personal perception for sure.

@BacktoaVRS - when did you place the order?

@parsey83 - beautiful, mate. I think the scenery makes it look even prettier. :)

• Like 1