1. 1. Ideal Date?

• Sat 5th Aug to Sun 6th Aug
    • Sat 12th Aug to Sun 13th Aug
    • Neither of these dates

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has all but said it .......but you will have a devils own job trying to persuade a camp/caravan site owner to let you have that much space for a weekend as it would stop their normal trade for two weeks (Saturday to Saturday) and they will loose a fortune !!!

Best bet is a showground or field' date=' but you will need toilets, waste disposal and a safe water supply....................and it does need to be nearly flat :D

We are having just those problems trying to set up a BBQ and Camping around Marlborough........so good luck with the effort, we know how difficult it is :o[/quote']

could we not just all book in separately? please feel free to slate me if thats a stupid idea, I've never been camping before (other than guide camp! hehe!)

there's a camp site near Peterborough (will post when I remember the name) - Just rememberd it Billing Aquadrome that is meant to be quite big and where a lot of clubs (landrover etc) meet up it may be of some use

could we not just all book in separately?

Problem would be getting pitched in the same area could be tricky. If it wasn't in the summer holidays you would get in fine but they will be very busy around this time.

could we not just all book in separately? please feel free to slate me if thats a stupid idea, I've never been camping before (other than guide camp! hehe!)

Trouble is most sites are quite busy and if three people got in over a weekend I would be very surprised as most pitches are booked by the week........

Also 99% of sites are very strict on rules and peace and quiet reigns after 10.30 pm.....no groups etc. etc.

so a show ground would be the better bet.

I hate shooting ideas down but we have already tried it and are still looking for a BBQ site for a meet near us....but keep looking....we are looking into "borrowing" a field some where out of town.....but the water, waste and toilets are still a headache

One possibility which will require some one with local knowledge is a scout facility, which they may let out. They don't tend to use them all summer and are generally quite good.

One possibility which will require some one with local knowledge is a scout facility, which they may let out. They don't tend to use them all summer and are generally quite good.

Blimey, someone on Briskoda has actually got some intelligence, top idea. :thumbup:

camping is a good idea. i go to the vw show in oswestry & van fest at malvern, mainly camper vans some beetles.shows, disco etc on night times....more of a famly atmostfer than the bigger shows down south.which means you not always worried about your car not being there when you get back or gangs of *****. organizers usually welcome other clubs as it is some thing else to add onto the billing list.plus you tend to get in cheaper if you go as a club....

it just an idea every one mite think it crap. but my famly & mates have had some cool weekends at such shows. clubs even run there own show n shine or best mod which give clubs a chance to show their cars off in the arenas to the public.plus a trophy for the winner.

ive ony ever owned beetles or golfs & have had a good time with these cars at such shows. it would be cool to be able to still do this type of thing now im driving a vrs.

I'm involved with a local Outdoor Activity Centre as a voluntarty director.

It is at Burrs Country Park, near Bury, North Manchester.

There is a camping field there that is no longer open for individual bookings, as the Caravan Club have opened a new camp site in the park, but I could almost certainly get us exclusive use of it for a group weekend.

Cost would be around £4.00 - £5.00 per head per night.

There is a pub that does reasonable meals less than 100 yards away, although we could just have a b-b-q and beers on the camp-site if preferred.

Campsite has separate toilets and shower blocks (20p coin-operated).

There is a cafe within the Activity Centre, which could be opened on the Sun morning for breakfast, if there is enough demand.

There are a few of us around this area who could sort out a driving route for the Saturday, and a canoeing session on Sunday morning might clear a few cob-webs.

I know its probably a bit further north than is ideal, but let me have your thoughts and I can investigate further.

The address is Burrs Activity Centre, Woodhill Road, Bury, Lancashire, BL8 1DA if you want to check where it is, and web-site is http://www.burrs.org.uk

I'm involved with a local Outdoor Activity Centre as a voluntary director.

It is at Burrs Country Park' date=' near Bury, North Manchester.

[/quote']

IMHO this is the best lead so far, and if we want something this summer, our options are reducing daily. The more info the better, Andy.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but wouldn't it be better to go for early July when the kids are at school. Campsites should be a lot quieter and probably more receptive to larger groups. Just my thoughts :)

Possibly, although I would have to hand the organisation over to someone else - I'm in hospital from 21st June to mid July. :(

But if it suits others then it'd be better. I've been stupidly busy recently, but I'll start fishing for venues soon.

when ever it is I will be up for it. Just need to sort out getting myself another skoda pretty soon or I will have to park away from the group. ( or bring the gf fabia vrs but not much space for two and a dog and all the camping stuff + beer lol )

I agree that it would be better while the kids are at school.

If I can help organise this I dont mind.

I do end up being out of my house for quite a while with the travelling , but as I am the one pushing this I will help all I can

Sarah