NEW MYSKODA APP - DEC 2020

Linzifc

Hi Guys,

First post here but i have to sound off about my frustration. argh! and also in case anyone else has come across this yet.

you may or not know that the old MySkoda app and Connect Skoda merged as of the 10th Dec - i had an e-mail.

I used the original MySkoda app as i have 2 skodas and in 2016 when i bought by 2015 plate fabia they made me have an online service schedule. i also have a 20 plate octavia. So both my cars were on this app - the older one with 4 services logged and the new one with the delivery note - i was never given physical service books and had to pay my local garage(not skoda)  to register with the skoda online service facility.

so after much struggling today i've got both vehicles on the new MySkoda app but cannot locate the historic service schedules.

The old app no longer works - but i had the foresight to download the service details beforehand.

So, i'm on the phone to Skoda customer services now to ask how i access my historic service schedule's.

guess what? just been told they have removed that facility??!!!

so they forced me to have an online schedule and now telling me they are no longer supporting it?!!!! i have conveyed my dismay and pointed out it cannot just be me with this issue!!!!!

she said i would have to go and see my dealer = why? to get the history - they don't have it! i haven't had it serviced there!!!  i said she cannot be telling me to go and get a book and go and get it backdated - why is that my responsibility?!!

i asked the matter be escalated as i could not get my head around that they would remove this facility etc.

after waiting a while she came back and then said actually they might not have removed it and there could be 3 things happening 1)  i need to redownload the app as i may have downloaded it too early - i only downloaded it this morning!!! (11th) and why go live on the 10th if it is not ready to download!

2) that the app has not fully migrated yet - it is handled in the Checzh republic and they don't know much about it here yet.

and 3) independent garage services don't show - yes they do!!! there hasn't been a problem for last 4 years and i had to pay for the garage to register to get this facility!!! (and the page myskoda she was referring to wasnt even there).

so thought i'd just let you guys know that Skoda customer servicers don't know whats happening!!!! (although she was lovely and sympathetic!)

i'm awaiting a call back in 48 hours to clarify and i will redownload the app sunday morning and see if it's changed!

• Like 1

Not well rolled out is it, I have (had) the My Skoda App and Skoda Connect. I always thought it peculiar to have the 2 apps and thought that the info that the old My Skoda app had was going and the Connect app was being re-named to My Skoda with the data from the old app, particularly service history and manuals.

it appears that all they have done at the moment is shut the old app down and lose all that access to service history and manuals.

Hopefully they are just incompetent and haven’t rolled the updated app out yet, but I’m not holding my breath. Perhaps I’ve misunderstood something?

It's ridiculous.... I suggested they put something out there so we know what's going on! 

I was promised my issue was to be escalated and I'd get a call back, but I haven't heard from anyone yet. 

I'll keep you posted if I do. 

• Thanks 1

I got a reply to my email to Skoda support complaining about the loss of functionality (no Digital Service History) between the old MySkoda app and Skoda Connect Lite (I can't use Skoda Connect as I have a MIB1) - asking for the VIN. So I expect to get a reply saying tough, you're stuck with the useless Connect Lite.

• Like 1

Just phoned SUK customer services. They are very aware of the situation, and the very pleasant lady on the phone knew what I was going to ask as soon as I said “My Skoda”.

She told me it was handled from the Czech Republic and it’s therefore not under SUK control. She told me that their understanding was that the information would have been migrated all onto one app (good idea in principle) and they’ve raised this as an issue, and they are expecting an update within a couple of weeks, if not to phone back, so watch this space.

(luckily, I have all my service reports, but it’s not the same as a stamp in a book with the little boxes ticked, looking back nostalgically......)

Edited by Greenliner1
Typo

I have a brand new Karoq and the manual I was using was on the MySkoda app........This no longer works and there is no new MySkoda app on the apple app store ( it seems to have been removed !!! what a foul up this is !!!

Complete balls up. Very frustrating!

Does anyone here use Apple Carplay and Google Maps? I have alaso posted on here about Google Maps zooming in and out really quickly whilst driving and I'm strating to think it might be Infotainment system related. Nowhere does Google problems mention this issue and it happens only in my Superb Iv. Waze is better (also owned by Google Maps) but is still weird and doesnt perorm very well.

Let me know if anyone experiences this with Goohle Maps to help me with teh process of elimination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpX8gFRXYbE

Richmix, I use Apple Carplay and I always have Google Maps running. The only time the maps zoom in (and then zoom out) is when I come up to and pass an intersection. Even passing under a bridge with a road above will cause the maps to zoom in then revert back to normal view. Otherwise, no problems at all. Incidentally, I run Apple Carplay wirelessly using a carplay2air device.

Regarding the 'new' MySKODA app, what a p*** poor effort from Skoda wherever it comes from - why disable a working feature until the new one is up and running correctly!

Yet again, Simply NOT Clever... 

• Like 1

Hi guys. 

I haven't received a call back from skoda re my complaint call and request the matter was escalated. 

However, i had emailed too and received this from Skoda today :

In relation to the ŠKODA Service History not showing on the new MyŠKODA App. I am current waiting for a response from our ŠKODA Connect Development Team to confirm whether the Service History is removed or they are planning on adding it on at a later date.

Once, I receive an update I will be in contact.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards

Dean Goodwin
Customer Relations Manager

LOL!!

Deano must be just back from his holidays, he emailed me today too and said that I should contact my local dealer to discuss other connection issues I have with the Colombus Infotainment and CarPlay!

I excpect its Covid's fault

;)

😂 

I've asked him to confirm that if the service facility is to be ended, how he intends to rectify that I have two skodas with no service books, and one has had 3/4 services that have now disappeared....! 

42 minutes ago, Linzifc said:

In relation to the ŠKODA Service History not showing on the new MyŠKODA App. I am current waiting for a response from our ŠKODA Connect Development Team to confirm whether the Service History is removed or they are planning on adding it on at a later date.

Once, I receive an update I will be in contact.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards
Dean Goodwin
Customer Relations Manager

I too have had a reply from Dean Goodwin - who seems to think that I have emailed regarding the same issue but I have not. My issue is that as I cannot use the Skoda Connect app (my 2015 Octavia does NOT support Connect+) my issue is the lack of access to the Digital Service History on the Skoda Connect Lite app, and I have replied to him making this clear:

So my problem is that since I cannot use the merged MySkoda/Skoda Connect (because my Octavia does NOT support the Skoda Connect+ services even with a Skoda Dataplug) I am forced to use the Skoda Connect Lite app - and it is the loss of access to the Digital Service History using the Skoda Connect Lite app that I am complaining about.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I've just had a reply from Customer Services about the Service history issue:

"Furthermore, viewing the vehicle service history is now no longer available on the MyŠKODA App, I do apologise for the inconvenience. If you would like to view your vehicle service history please contact ourselves at Customer Service or your local Retailer."

so it looks final that in app service history is not going to be available.

AndyW

ps - another issue I have with Skoda is that when I entered my VIN into the new app, a different car was loaded to the one I have, with different trim level and year model. This is still to rectified.

I just had a reply from Skoda UK Customer Support  telling me that it takes 24-48 hours fro the service history to be update, so I had to REMID them that the service was done on 2nd September - which is a whole lot more than 24-48 hours ago.

Edited by PetrolDave

• 3 weeks later...

Just had this back from Skoda.... They haven't answered if my 2015 plate service history will come back. Also they can't provide it me either as I had it done at a third party garage.  They are beyong stupid! Been and bought two books. They can f*ck right off, I'm going back old school and I won't be subscribing to owt they offer 🖕 

Following on from my previous email dated 11 January.

I have received an update from our factory regarding the new MyŠKODA App. They have advised that this application has been released to the public domain. However, is still in the process of full development by the factory at this moment in time which means that not all functionalities are presently available for use.

There are different levels of availability dependent on the age of your vehicle, e.g. if you have a 10 plate ŠKODA FABIA then you will have the lowest access as the vehicle is not enabled for smartlink etc. therefore the only information available would be on-line manuals and hints and tips.

The newer the vehicle with newer infotainment system i.e. MIB3 the more options will be available – Options like Digital Service History will become available in time, however are still being developed and tested, we do not have a time-scale for this as this is being untaken at factory level and there are many aspects for them to cover to enable this to happen.

I hope you find this information useful and thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.

Having made the mistake of downloading tnis app, all I seem to be getting is a picture of my Karoq, a route planner and a map of Skoda dealers. Is that it? No electronic manual or anything else? Seems a waste of time at the moment unless anyone can tell me I've missed something?

I think that removal of so much vital data means one of two things:

1) VW Group don't want users to have access to their Service-record - which stops people from using third party garages.

2) most likely - VW Group have migrated all their servers onto new hardware and they need to migrate all the servicing data back into the app.  Baring in mind the database holding information on the car - is different from the one holding information on servicing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GladysFriday said:

Having made the mistake of downloading tnis app, all I seem to be getting is a picture of my Karoq, a route planner and a map of Skoda dealers. Is that it? No electronic manual or anything else? Seems a waste of time at the moment unless anyone can tell me I've missed something?

Yup it's garbage! They're saying it's kit finished though now! 

The Electronic Manuals are there ......... if you tap on the car and then on the three dots top right you should get a menu up with the manuals both video and digital.....No service records though 😟

2 hours ago, GMBaker said:

The Electronic Manuals are there ......... if you tap on the car and then on the three dots top right you should get a menu up with the manuals both video and digital.....No service records though 😟

Not on mine I'm afraid!! The dots just give me "edit shortcuts", "rename vehicle" and "remove vehicle". Pretty useless as it stands really!

Ureka! (is that how you spell it?) Went to digital services or something like that and agreed to conditions and can now download the manual. They could have made it easier to find it. Thanks for the tip Mr Baker!

13 hours ago, GladysFriday said:

Ureka! (is that how you spell it?) Went to digital services or something like that and agreed to conditions and can now download the manual. They could have made it easier to find it. Thanks for the tip Mr Baker!

But, although it works on an iPhone, trying to download the manuals on my iPad crashes the app!