Wireless android auto

parsey83

Apple car play no problem with connection and looks really nice. Also almost no lag. 

I've always been android user, but this makes me angry on google :)

On the way home infotainment screen died, and did not work until i locked and unlocked the car at home. Apple car play and everything else was working, but the screen was dead. 

20210227_164829.jpg

20210227_164801.jpg

20210227_164824.jpg

20210227_172553.jpg

News! Yesterday my samsung galaxy updated (was a rather big update 1,5gb) and today i had no problems connecting my phone via wifi android auto. Maybe it was phone's problem? 

Will see how it goes

On 25/01/2021 at 14:50, VAGProf said:

My 2021 Octavia got delivered last week. And i'm in the same boat.

But I got a lot of info today from Skoda. So the wireless option is only available on the Units ending on D and E with SW 1788. In other words, the vehicles PRODUCED after 23 nov 2020. Mine has 06 nov as date of birth.

How can you find out what is the "date of birth" of your car?

I am getting delivery of mine in 4 days but I believe it had been in stock for a bit due to the discount, I managed to get on it.

Thanks

20 hours ago, Coume said:

How can you find out what is the "date of birth" of your car?

I am getting delivery of mine in 4 days but I believe it had been in stock for a bit due to the discount, I managed to get on it.

Thanks

If you already have VIN, you can check on https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do Although it's 7 EUR per 1 h. But you can also download workshop manuals for the new Octavia.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

My Huawei P30 Pro New Edition works wireless but its very hit and miss can connect then wont connect spotify wont run etc just use the cable far better

9 minutes ago, barts2 said:

Hi 

My Huawei P30 Pro New Edition works wireless but its very hit and miss can connect then wont connect spotify wont run etc just use the cable far better

Can you share a photo of your software and hardware versions of the car and also- when you choose andoid auto from the screen, does it tell you that you need a cable?

I received my IV hatch today, after connected to bluetooth it was just a matter of clicking yes to Android Auto wireless. Everything works fine.

Columbus Hardware revision "D", software 1788 and Samsung S20 with android 11, One UI 3.1.  Are you sure that it is not a matter of country restrictions, seems to work outside UK?

3 hours ago, Bial said:

I received my IV hatch today, after connected to bluetooth it was just a matter of clicking yes to Android Auto wireless. Everything works fine.

Columbus Hardware revision "D", software 1788 and Samsung S20 with android 11, One UI 3.1.  Are you sure that it is not a matter of country restrictions, seems to work outside UK?

We are sure. It doesn't work for some also in Slovenia. It looks like it doesn't work for those having HW revisions ending with A, B and C.

Just had my VRS delivered today, happy to say wireless android auto works fine so far. Build date is 3rd Dec, part number is 5e3035816d hardware h56 software 1788. Phone is Samsung galaxy s9 on android 10. I'll update if I get any issues with it

20210316_144900.jpg

On 25/01/2021 at 16:50, VAGProf said:

But I got a lot of info today from Skoda. So the wireless option is only available on the Units ending on D and E with SW 1788. In other words, the vehicles PRODUCED after 23 nov 2020. Mine has 06 nov as date of birth.

In this case the above is correct.  All people reporting serial number ending at D or E have it working. Mine is ending at C and it does not work. So I think we are screwed. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2021 at 19:21, ShEfA said:

In this case the above is correct.  All people reporting serial number ending at D or E have it working. Mine is ending at C and it does not work. So I think we are screwed. 

I have a component number ending on B, and software version 1668 - and wireless AA is not working, even with a phone running Android 11 and capable of 5ghz wifi. 
And yes, I have to say I feel a bit screwed :-(

7 hours ago, LarsKC said:

I have a component number ending on B, and software version 1668 - and wireless AA is not working, even with a phone running Android 11 and capable of 5ghz wifi. 
And yes, I have to say I feel a bit screwed :-(

My dealer told me that Android auto is wired only, apple carplay is wireless, for that reason i skipped wireless charging :D
Specification information given by dealers is very poor.

4 hours ago, janis said:

My dealer told me that Android auto is wired only, apple carplay is wireless, for that reason i skipped wireless charging :D
Specification information given by dealers is very poor.

Just to be sure, I downloaded the manual before purchase. I says wireless AA is there - with no exceptions 😠

58 minutes ago, LarsKC said:

Just to be sure, I downloaded the manual before purchase. I says wireless AA is there - with no exceptions 😠

dealers have limited information, that is sure,. since i did not have any idea what kind of material seats i will have if i will go with memory seats..

that is something they need to improve. 

• 2 weeks later...

i can report that wireless android auto works perfect. setup was done without cables as well for both phones. took me 2 min.
we have 2 phones, both working in wireless mode.

phones: One plus 7 pro, One plus Nord
they are on latest android, since they are first in line to get latest android, that is why we like them as well :)

but yeah,. waze, spotify, work perfect.

8 minutes ago, janis said:

i can report that wireless android auto works perfect. setup was done without cables as well for both phones. took me 2 min.
we have 2 phones, both working in wireless mode.

phones: One plus 7 pro, One plus Nord
they are on latest android, since they are first in line to get latest android, that is why we like them as well :)

but yeah,. waze, spotify, work perfect.

I guess you have a newer software version? Mine is 1668. 

I've tried connecting with a OnePlus Nord too. Works fine with cable, but wireless is impossible.

Just now, LarsKC said:

I guess you have a newer software version? Mine is 1668. 

I've tried connecting with a OnePlus Nord too. Works fine with cable, but wireless is impossible.

i can probably o check version if you tell me how, on cars soft,
check that your phone is up to date as well, our one plus nord= android 11, oxygen OS 11.1.1.2

On 10/04/2021 at 19:06, janis said:

i can probably o check version if you tell me how, on cars soft,
check that your phone is up to date as well, our one plus nord= android 11, oxygen OS 11.1.1.2

Sorry for not answering you right away. But if you are still willing to check your SW-version, you can do that in "Settings > System informations".
Mine looks like this (in Danish):

IMG_20210401_001724.jpg

3 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I think we already found out that on cars with device part numbers ending with A to C, wireless Android auto doesn't work. And from D onward it works. @janis can confirm. If he will be able to find the sys information. :D ;)

That is my understanding too - unfortunately......

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I think we already found out that on cars with device part numbers ending with A to C, wireless Android auto doesn't work. And from D onward it works. @janis can confirm. If he will be able to find the sys information. :D ;)

i will check tomorrow, i saw this screen but cant remember details.

• Like 1

@janis: Thank you for showing us. And congratulations - your unit has a device part number that ends on E. For those of us unfortunate enough to have an earlier version (C or below), it doesn't work.