car recommendation?

froggy8

45 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

Mate of mine has a 59-plate 2.0 CDTI. It's now on it's third engine.

the Polish mechanic i sold mine to for scrap sent the block to poland to get it reconditioned, because noone here doing them would do one that the block side bearing had failed on rather than the piston side.

when he got back and rebuilt it it was probably the most perfect 2.0cdti in Ireland. 

i still didnt want the car back though :D

when i found the second key after about 2 months i called up to him and he had my 2009 hatch sitting there, without the engine back in it yet, and a 2011 estate parked beside it with the same problem...

i told him take my engine, alloys, leather interior and gearbox/clutch etc and put it into the estate to make 1 better car and set fire to the remains of mine... one of the rear shocks had started leaking on his compound while it was parked up aswell....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

ok guys

i am looking for another car again.

skoda still the one to go for or is there other brands i should be looking?

was thinking of toyota and nissan.

7 minutes ago, roottoot said:

@froggy8what is your budget and how many miles a day /week / month even do you need to be driving the car?

?

Have you got someone that knows cars to help you go look at one this time?

i have 1300.

it will be for delivering food.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Nissan or Toyota is pretty much the go to motors then.

best get an economic one on fuel.

?

Does it matter what it is that your run with your insurer for business use / deliveries? 

thank you

i will be letting them know.

3 hours ago, roottoot said:

Nissan or Toyota is pretty much the go to motors then.

best get an economic one on fuel.

I second this. I often see delivery drivers in Toyota Yarises, and some locally in Almeras. :)

• Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 15:21, froggy8 said:

hi guys

i cant seem to find ay skodas nearby, what do you guys think to the vauxhall zaafira or mavira?

Ask yourself, what do you want in a car and look from there. For £1500 you're looking at a 10-13yo car. Ignore the mileage and examine the service history. If you're looking at a diesel, when was the clutch and flywheel last done as they are pretty steep. Actually, this may not suit you but I've put my ebay link for my Signum in the marketplace here (mods: hope I'm allowed to mention that)

Edit: just seen the end of the thread. A Signum is probably not what you are looking for.

On 03/04/2022 at 15:52, sepulchrave said:

Come home to a real fire, buy a Zafira...

Are you kidding me, Vauxhall are probably the least reliable cars on the road!

One has to wonder whether you've ever owned one? I've just traded up to a Superb after 6.5 years of Vx Signum ownership having done some 80k miles in that time and taking the odo to over 200k. Properly maintained they are very reliable. In fact, the only two issues I had with mine was a crankshaft sensor and an alternator. Any other parts were just wear and tear.

Edited by petrolcan
I read to the end :)

2 minutes ago, petrolcan said:

...One has to wonder whether you've ever owned one? I've just traded up to a Superb after 6.5 years of Vx Signum ownership having done some 80k miles in that time and taking the odo to over 200k. Properly maintained they are very reliable. In fact, the only two issues I had with mine was a crankshaft sensor and an alternator. Any other parts were just wear and tear.

More than one thanks, but this is a Skoda forum so we 'big up' our Skodas, not the opposition.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

More than one thanks, but this is a Skoda forum so we 'big up' our Skodas, not the opposition.

Oh, I didn't realise I had to be tribal having bought a Skoda. My bad...

On 19/05/2022 at 22:58, petrolcan said:

Oh, I didn't realise I had to be tribal having bought a Skoda. My bad...

It's not, but a Skoda owners forum is hardly the place to start banging on about how brilliant other makes are.

6 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

It's not, but a Skoda owners forum is hardly the place to start banging on about how brilliant other makes are.

Umm, I wasn't banging on in the slightest. Maybe go back and read what I wrote.

1 minute ago, petrolcan said:

Umm, I wasn't banging on in the slightest. Maybe go back and read what I wrote.

I DID read what you wrote, which is why we're having this pointless, dumb, circular, semantic argument about your po-faced literalist response to my humourous comment about coming home to a real fire.

I wish I hadn't read it but you quoted my joke and you sounded so butthurt about the excellence of your Vauxhall Speculum that you totally were indeed banging on about that I felt it incumbent upon me to point that you were being like a Spurs fanboy on a Gooners forum...

...and they all lived happily ever after.

The End.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

I DID read what you wrote, which is why we're having this pointless, dumb, circular, semantic argument about your po-faced literalist response to my humourous comment about coming home to a real fire.

I wish I hadn't read it but you quoted my joke and you sounded so butthurt about the excellence of your Vauxhall Speculum that you totally were indeed banging on about that I felt it incumbent upon me to point that you were being like a Spurs fanboy on a Gooners forum...

...and they all lived happily ever after.

The End.

Oh, I see. It was meant to be humorous.

I'll get back to you when I find the funny part. 

@sepulchrave

i obviously dont know you as anything more than a fellow skoda owner's forum member with a username, but, you come across sometimes as though you have some pent up frustrations and stress that can only be vented through your posts here. is everything alright? do you need a hug?

@froggy8 have you had any more thoughts on what exactly youre looki g for?

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, mac11irl said:

@sepulchrave

i obviously dont know you as anything more than a fellow skoda owner's forum member with a username, but, you come across sometimes as though you have some pent up frustrations and stress that can only be vented through your posts here. is everything alright? do you need a hug?

@froggy8 have you had any more thoughts on what exactly youre looki g for?

i have now bought a ford focus. so far so good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

Please don't say its an ecoboost 

im not sure but someone did mention that my engine is duruboost. didnt really undertood.