Midway through MIB 2.5 upgrade looking for coding advice

Bought a large screen MIB 2.5 used but in excellent condition with CP removed. was an absolute steal considering what the retrofit companies were quoting. I fitted it as soon as it arrived as i am impatient and an optimist so hoped it would work straight away alas, not all functions do the nav is fine, however i have no sound or access to audio settings i get an error stating settings will be available at end of call or after finishing parking. 

So the conclusion is its a coding and adaptation issue. I have had a little advice over on the social version of briskoda just hoping more of the techies are on here. I have VCDS on the way so am planning on attacking and solving this myself. 

Now my cars spec isnt huge, its a 2017 sportline with standard audio system only rear parking sensors can anyone offer any adaptation or coding advice on what options to select when i change the coding or am i better off refitting my original setup and copy and pasting in the long code from that then working my way systematically through the adaptation menu? 

Thanks all

Think it was me that replied, like I said you need to match everything on the new unit up with the old unit. Sound issue like likely because the donor car had CANTON and yours doesn’t or the reverse so check Byte 11 and in the long coding helper select either sound system internal (or sound system internal individual if you want Skoda Surround and Virtual Sub for a boost) if you don’t have CANTON or sound system external if you do. The other error seems related to the SOS system, likely because the donor car had it and yours doesn’t and for this you will need to copy the full coding string down, changing everything to match and make a full adaptation map and copying over the relevant changes. There isn’t a standard guide for this as each car is different, you are coding to match. Check every menu and option for compatibility and you’ll sort it.

My mistake. Maybe it can be done with vcds but with some very careful attention. Not that you shouldn't pay attention to any coding you do but this sounds like it definitely needs backups and double check the backup so you have something safe to go back to.

Just waiting on my now VCDS cable to arrive then i will reinstall original units and take photos of the adaptations etc and long code and match up with the new units. 

Thanks for the help

Dan

Hi all,

Just an update, after now reverting to long code to my original MIB2 the audio is all working, but just out of curiosity the resolution of the screen seems to of changed, can anyone confirm which channel map i should be looking at for this, nothing is jumping out at me, unless im just being dumb and it hasnt changed at all. Just all menus etc just seem to be larger than when i first installed it.

Dan

Only fault code i now have in the 5f module is:

1 Fault Found:
15360768 - Component Protection 
          U1101 00 [009] - Active
          [New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 159
                    Mileage: 132032 km
                    Date: 2021.01.05
                    Time: 21:38:09

Voltage terminal 30: 12.6 V

I can only assume that this is because the component protection has been removed and if so i can live with that. 

All done for a lot less than the retrofit companies are quoting so very happy. 

• 2 years later...

I am looking to upgrade my superb mk3 headunit to MIB 2.5. Sharing pictures of headunit and control unit in glove box. I wanted to know if there is any way to just upgrade firmware on existing control unit and change headunit hardware to newer one? Would appreciate guidance here.

Screenshot_2023-06-17-14-06-52-568_com.facebook.orca-edit.jpg

IMG_20230617_095622.jpg

IMG_20230617_095612.jpg