Lead in time for Vrs

Ianh05

Ordered mine 18th December (TSi, DSG with the reverse camera as the only option), dealer quoted April delivery but apparently build week hasn't been confirmed yet. @VRSfan_78 what spec did you order, and is that build week confirmed from the factory or a preliminary estimate (I'm wondering whether it's too early to start getting concerned!!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DuncanW said:

Ordered mine 18th December (TSi, DSG with the reverse camera as the only option), dealer quoted April delivery but apparently build week hasn't been confirmed yet. @VRSfan_78 what spec did you order, and is that build week confirmed from the factory or a preliminary estimate (I'm wondering whether it's too early to start getting concerned!!)

I ordered a TSi, 6G Manual with winter pack option.  Build week was quoted to me by the dealer on the day of order and I haven't been told anything different since then.  Crossing my fingers and hoping it's not delayed by the current World disorder!!

• Like 1

I ordered a VRS iV Estate on the 24/12/20 and was originally told built week commencing 29/3/21 however I got an email from the dealer today saying this had been brought forward to week commencing 8/2/21 so fingers crossed I get to collect it on the 1st of March.

Ordered a VRS 4x4 hatch with winterpack on 02nd December and expected the usual 14 weeks build time + Christmas shutdown + maybe some Covid delays; but got call last week saying it's built and its being shipped !

Guess I got lucky maybe with a car already about to be built, or sales are down that much factories are able to build quicker.

I ordered mine on 11th November (TSI, DSG estate and only additions were winter pack and variable boot floor) and was told on Friday that it is now in the UK at a port, dealership just awaiting it to appear on a delivery note but they were hoping it shows up by the end of the week ready for handover next week.

Much quicker than my last VRS which was ordered 1st March and delivery mid-July.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ianh05 said:

Thanks all, I've been given a time of @16 weeks by 3 main dealers, tempted to place an order...

Which engine / version have you ordered ?

I have heard some VW group production has been stopped due to supply delays of computer chips, don’t know if this is relevant in this case

I ordered mine on the 12th Dec (TDI 4x4 estate with pan roof & towbar) not been given a build date yet

but was told by the dealer on one system it’s telling them 12 weeks & on another system 25 weeks!

my current VRS doesn’t go back still April, so hopefully it be here by them.

Ordered mine on 30th November (Petrol vRS hatch with a few options), was told build week was 1st week of January but then that got put back to first week of February.  Expecting to collect on New Reg day in March. 

19 hours ago, Kenfold said:

Anyone know how long on average it takes from build week to dealer? 

Allow 2 days for train to Emden

Then 0-5 weeks, depends on other VW group cars making up a ship sized load

About 4-7 days voyage (Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne, might not be first disport)

0-2 weeks Awaiting a full road transporter (might do 2 dealers)

So anything from 3 weeks to about 9 weeks, but I would suggest 5 weeks from build

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With skoda its completely random. My mk 3 took 6 months to arrive (was quoted 3) but my Mk4 has arrived, inconveniently, well ahead of schedule. Ordered in November (at the time most dealers told me it wasn't even possible to order) the VRS Petrol manual, was told it would be 'at least April' which I was happy with and it arrived 1st week of Jan. So now I've got a new car I'm not allowed to drive :)

4 hours ago, Dr_Pepper said:

With skoda its completely random. My mk 3 took 6 months to arrive (was quoted 3) but my Mk4 has arrived, inconveniently, well ahead of schedule. Ordered in November (at the time most dealers told me it wasn't even possible to order) the VRS Petrol manual, was told it would be 'at least April' which I was happy with and it arrived 1st week of Jan. So now I've got a new car I'm not allowed to drive :)

Sorry this doesn’t make sense, why if it is delivered are you not allowed to collect and drive it.  Is it awaiting recall action ?

Or is it your choice not to accept it, and after a month of not accepting it sounds more like a rejection to me.  Can you clarify to help those considering ordering. Thanks

It almost sounds like you are hoarding a car to stop someone else receiving it in January, which might be upsetting to anyone needing a car urgently 

Maybe his current car doesn’t go back till April,

Just got a call telling me my new one is being built this week so hopefully it be here for April.

• Like 1

I need to spend less time on this forum...all these good news 'earlier than expected' stories getting my hopes up, but still no build week scheduled (guessing that means it's not for at least the next 4 weeks). 

20 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

Sorry this doesn’t make sense, why if it is delivered are you not allowed to collect and drive it.  Is it awaiting recall action ?

Or is it your choice not to accept it, and after a month of not accepting it sounds more like a rejection to me.  Can you clarify to help those considering ordering. Thanks

It almost sounds like you are hoarding a car to stop someone else receiving it in January, which might be upsetting to anyone needing a car urgently 

No I'm not hoarding anything from anyone, don't panic! I've collected it, just not allowed to drive it as we're in Lockdown and I can work from home so I don't have any essential journeys.

The reason it was inconvenient for me that it turned up 3 months early (as well as that I was hoping for a post-lockdown 21 plate) was that now is not a great time to be trying to sell my old car privately so I ended up having to trade it in and accept the inevitable loss in value.