1.5 TSI for Mk4 possibility?

Mirol

Is there any info or speculations yet if the 1.5 TSI either with manual or DSG will be offered? There are lots of people who want/need something a little bit bigger than the 1.0, but won't necessary need the extra space offered from the Scala, Octavia etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mirol said:

Is there any info or speculations yet if the 1.5 TSI either with manual or DSG will be offered? There are lots of people who want/need something a little bit bigger than the 1.0, but won't necessary need the extra space offered from the Scala, Octavia etc.

I doubt they will do a 1.5TSI with 150HP for the Fabia. That will probably be reserved for more expensive cars like the Scala and Kamiq.

Edited by Carlston

Hi Mirol

The 1.5 engine is not currently offered in the Polo or Ibiza models. That may change with the face lifted Polo. But you’re right that it would be a welcome additional choice for those of us who would like a bit more ‘poke’ in a car of the Fabia’s size. So I agree with Carlton that it is unlikely we will see that engine.

There is no Polo GTi offered at present I don’t think. Hopefully with the forthcoming facelift it will be available again. By all accounts it is an excellent option if you want a wee car with a good turn of speed. 

VW Group are near to only having cars with a 1.0 & 1.5 TSI with Mild Hybrid if they are going to have DSG.

Maybe the 1.0 TSI in a Fabia will be the last to have a 1.0 TSI and DSG and no hybrid.

It would be so easy for Skoda to produce a 1.0 TSI mild hybrid with DSG and at least give it some performance rather than continuing as they have with the 3rd generation with show without go, yet building Fabia AWD's R5's for campaigning in Rallying, and playing on motorsport history and success.

A Suzuki Swift 1.2 can have AWD and a Swift Sport 1.4 mild hybrid 130ps which really puts Skoda's lame offering to shame.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rkenny said:

There is no Polo GTi offered at present I don’t think. Hopefully with the forthcoming facelift it will be available again. By all accounts it is an excellent option if you want a wee car with a good turn of speed. 

Agree, it is such a shame as a 2.0 engine in a Fabia sized body with DSG would be my ideal, i understand they will be bringing it back later in the year.

On 13/02/2021 at 21:11, Mirol said:

From what I've heard, there is some speculation that a larger, more powerful engine may be available, but most likely only for the Monte Carlo given the high popularity for this trim level.  But no return for the VRS sadly.

It seems the VW group is giving the option of CNG (compressed natural gas) engine with small back up petrol tank. It is 66Kw or 90PS so bit less powerful.

However although it has been introduced (on many small VW group models) into Europe, hasn’t come to UK (although would be more useful to those trying to reduce fuel bills).

I suspect UK will be stuck with just the 1 litre petrol, at least initially 

3 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

It seems the VW group is giving the option of CNG (compressed natural gas) engine with small back up petrol tank. It is 66Kw or 90PS so bit less powerful.

However although it has been introduced (on many small VW group models) into Europe, hasn’t come to UK (although would be more useful to those trying to reduce fuel bills).

I suspect UK will be stuck with just the 1 litre petrol, at least initially 

I doubt the UK will get this option, there aren't many places to fill up with alternate fuels like LPG or in this case CNG.  It seems that only now we are starting to see the reintroduction of e10 fuel, which will help reduce emissions slightly, but also have the result of a lower fuel economy, costing more in the long run.

Members have posted in this section about running their cars on E10 and have not reported poorer economy or efficiency from their cars.

Simple enough to find the proof of the pudding by just pulling up at a pump with 95 octane E10 and trying it if it is usually 95 octane unleaded you use.

53 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Members have posted in this section about running their cars on E10 and have not reported poorer economy or efficiency from their cars.

Simple enough to find the proof of the pudding by just pulling up at a pump with 95 octane E10 and trying it if it is usually 95 octane unleaded you use.

That's fair enough, I'm still yet to see an e10 pump in the uk.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Auto Express article a 1.5tsi 148 will be available (DSG only)

I am guessing it will be limited to top (or 2 highest) spec though

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/108591/fourth-generation-skoda-fabia-specs-confirmed

• 2 months later...

The 1.5TSI looks like the same configuration at this in the Golf with 150ps and 250NM.

In the Golf the CO2 emissions is 130 g/km for TSI Manual and eTSI DSG configurations.

While Autocar currently quoting the Fabia's 1.5TSI emissions as being 128-142g/km.

This does seem the best engine for the Fabia which would offer comfortable motorway cruising and being nippy around town.

1 hour ago, AJR77 said:

The 1.5TSI looks like the same configuration at this in the Golf with 150ps and 250NM.

In the Golf the CO2 emissions is 130 g/km for TSI Manual and eTSI DSG configurations.

While Autocar currently quoting the Fabia's 1.5TSI emissions as being 128-142g/km.

This does seem the best engine for the Fabia which would offer comfortable motorway cruising and being nippy around town.

Autocar are also quoting a 95kw (130ps) 1.0.  

We shall see if that's a typo. Strange to see the Fabia getting a new output.

• 7 months later...

In September 2021 Auto Express were stating the following:-

"Eventually, Skoda will roll-out a turbocharged 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine with 148bhp and 250Nm of torque, which we expect will coincide with the launch of the Fabia Monte Carlo next year. It’ll only be available with a seven-speed automatic gearbox, and will propel the supermini from 0–62mph in 7.9 seconds."

Here:-

New 2022 Skoda Fabia on sale now priced from £14,905 | Auto Express

There was supposed to be similar in the MKIII..which then only got the 1.2lt TSI with 110PS as the top engine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dibujo said:

A Monte Carlo 1.5 Estate would have been perfect for me.

Disappointing that the estate has been dropped.

An estate would have been better for me given the fact I've got a spaniel who could do with a bit more space. Dacia Logan is the only tempting alternative, hoping they bring out one based on the new Sandero.

5 hours ago, dibujo said:

A Monte Carlo 1.5 Estate would have been perfect for me.

Disappointing that the estate has been dropped.

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

An estate would have been better for me given the fact I've got a spaniel who could do with a bit more space. Dacia Logan is the only tempting alternative, hoping they bring out one based on the new Sandero.

Why not opt for a Scala then? Looking at the price of the Fabia Hatch, the Scala looks like it’s around the price a Fabia Estate would have been?

• Like 1