Delivery times?

23 minutes ago, 310golfr said:

Not what you or i want to hear, but i have'nt heard anyone on here who is waiting on a diesel saying they have got there car   😂

it's seem to be all been iv and petrol engine cars that are being delivered, maybe thats because diesels are not as popular now, so less people ordering, i dont know.

But i've been thinking about why some people who order later get there car earlier

if your car starts to get built and they have all the parts, you would think that they would finish it, but if they dont have the parts, it gets sent out to a field somewhere along with other unfinished cars.

Once it's out in the field or airfield or where ever they put them,  it's likely to get surrounded by more unfinished  cars, now i'm assuming that all these unfinished cars are not driveable,

so to get one out from the middle is a lot of hassle, and when some parts are in short supply,  why bother when they can use the parts needed to finish a car, for cars that are currently on the production line.

So maybe delivery time depends on whether they already have the parts for your car when it starts to get built

I have not got a build date yet so it is not sitting in a field.have read a few people saying they have gotten there diesels cars so that's out of the window.i know the car I ordered was a diesel but if what you say ,in that not many getting ordered you would think I would get it earlier.i was only asking if anyone had ordered the same car as me,to just to see what waiting times from ordering to delivery.we all know there is no set pattern on delivery dates for any cars.some people getting there cars before other people who ordered therecars before they did.

I wonder if they are dipping into the unfinished cars that they have in storage and completing them to orders with lesser optional extras. For example if they have a car waiting on a reversing camera why not complete it as a car that doesn’t have a reversing camera. Might explain why within a week you get a message saying they are still waiting for a build date and then in a matter of days getting an update to say your car has been made and it’s in transit. 

Spoke to the dealer today for an update, and the car is waiting for a boat to come over.

Skoda have apparently got lists of cars they 'think' they should be able to deliver in December, but they dont have any specific dates. So it could be the 10th, 20th or the 30th December.

I asked if any parts had been missed off the build due to chip shortages, and he said the only thing that looked different was the child locks are manual rather than electronic from the front door controls. If thats all thats changed, thats fine by me.

Spoke to my dealer today and still doesn't have a delivery date. Like some others mine is built awaiting final parts. Probably Canton as I have ordered that.

He did tell me I am protected from any price increases. But needed to check if the 0% finance option would still apply as that was based on cars being registered by 31st December. Said it probably would.

Edited by SaintMac

Just had an update from my dealer. He told me that if i agree to dismiss the rear view camera then the car will soon take a build date. (said he received an email yesterday)

Ordered 31/7/2021 (Athens Greece)
Octavia Combi e-tec 1,5DSG + sunroof + interior lighting
Had a 1st build date week 40, then week 48, now no build date

I really don't know what to do as the offered option is not clear.

I don't know when my car will be delivered if I choose to dismiss the camera, but I also don't know when it will be delivered if I leave it as is.

Any suggestions?

21 minutes ago, SaintMac said:

He did tell me I am protected from any price increases. But needed to check if the 0% finance option would still apply as that was based on cars being registered by 31st December. Said it probably would.

I missed out on the 0% deal, and the truth is that losing that and going on to something 4%+ is likely to cost you a lot more than a simple 2.5% price increase (which is what I think they have announced). I'd be extremely annoyed if they pulled this deal because of a delay which is more their fault than yours (insofar as it is anyone's) - let's hope they don't. If they were to start doing things like this, I'm sure it would annoy a lot of people!

17 minutes ago, NicktheGreek said:

I don't know when my car will be delivered if I choose to dismiss the camera, but I also don't know when it will be delivered if I leave it as is.

Any suggestions?

Hard to know without better information, as you say. Can you try and get an estimate for each? (probably not!). Also hard to suggest anything without knowing the relative value you put on the rear view camera vs getting your car earlier. If a rear view camera was a plausible aftermarket addition, then it might be worth thinking about just adding it later.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NicktheGreek said:

Just had an update from my dealer. He told me that if i agree to dismiss the rear view camera then the car will soon take a build date. (said he received an email yesterday)

Ordered 31/7/2021 (Athens Greece)
Octavia Combi e-tec 1,5DSG + sunroof + interior lighting
Had a 1st build date week 40, then week 48, now no build date

Any suggestions?

My suggestion would be, leave it as it is…my dealer also called with that question…among other addings to leave out…so on my reaction that I don’t want anything out from the order…he said he would do the same…🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicktheGreek said:

It was a similar situation for me in Bucharest - you can see the details on the previous page of this topic. Long story short, they wanted to know if I would give up the park-assist (had it before, never used) and the rear-view camera (I'd like to have, but it's not a must). The time estimates were ambiguous, but with a quite clear difference:

- if I remove the 2 options, the car will be delivered within the initial estimates of the Contract (35-45 weeks starting August), most likely well before the deadline;

- if I keep the options they will not be able to specify any delivery estimate, even beyond 45 weeks.
I decided that if I won't be able to live without the camera, I'll retrofit it using the money they gave back from the initial Contract.

For instance: I wouldn't have given up the Matrix-LED, or the ACC... you should decide based on what's really important for you.

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Like 2

Ordered my Octavia SEL 1.5TSI on 14th August 2021. Was given a build week of 43 (w/c 25 th October) checked with dealer today and the car is built and waiting at Emden for shipping. Hopefully will get it in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ALBACORE said:

Ordered my Octavia SEL 1.5TSI on 14th August 2021. Was given a build week of 43 (w/c 25 th October) checked with dealer today and the car is built and waiting at Emden for shipping. Hopefully will get it in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

This seems very quick, congrats for being a lucky one! 

17 minutes ago, ALBACORE said:

Guessing you are based in Scotland? If so out of interest did you buy through AC? (maybe a swing and miss on the name).
Also did you add any options out of interest? 

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Guessing you are based in Scotland? If so out of interest did you buy through AC? (maybe a swing and miss on the name).
Also did you add any options out of interest? 

I'm in Lancashire and ordered through Lightcliffe Skoda in Warrington. The car is a stock SEL 1.5 TSI with no extras except a spare wheel.

22 hours ago, Mattster21 said:

I missed out on the 0% deal, and the truth is that losing that and going on to something 4%+ is likely to cost you a lot more than a simple 2.5% price increase (which is what I think they have announced). I'd be extremely annoyed if they pulled this deal because of a delay which is more their fault than yours (insofar as it is anyone's) - let's hope they don't. If they were to start doing things like this, I'm sure it would annoy a lot of people!

If being registered by 31st December is a condition of the deal, and it doesn’t happen then that is not the Finance company’s fault.  They can’t record it as turnover until it is activated, so might be pre year end deal.

You need to be moaning at the dealer that mis-sold to you, based on a bad estimate of delivery that couldn’t meet the date requirement.

There are 3 possible solutions:

1) Dealer finds new deal which is as good

2) Dealer absorbs the difference in cost

3) You kick yourself for not reading the terms and understanding that deal was on a best endeavours basis, and not guaranteed.

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

If being registered by 31st December is a condition of the deal, and it doesn’t happen then that is not the Finance company’s fault.  They can’t record it as turnover until it is activated, so might be pre year end deal.

You need to be moaning at the dealer that mis-sold to you, based on a bad estimate of delivery that couldn’t meet the date requirement.

There are 3 possible solutions:

1) Dealer finds new deal which is as good

2) Dealer absorbs the difference in cost

3) You kick yourself for not reading the terms and understanding that deal was on a best endeavours basis, and not guaranteed.

drive the deal ,  up until a few weeks ago had small print at the bottom of the page saying prices subject to car being delivered by a certain date which was always 3 or 4 months ahead.

it was like that when i ordered and they quoted me 7 months delivery,   the 3 or 4 months was always unrealistic and surely they must have known this at the time  because the dealer told them 7 months 

[i asked how long for delivery before ordering ]  

personally i dont think it will be a problem as delivery times are all to pot at the moment 

i've noticed that drivethedeal  have now altered the  must be delivered by date to 30th september 2022,  so now more realistic

4 hours ago, ALBACORE said:

Great News !!! You are a very lucky guy... Can I ask if you car have a reverse camera in its specifications?

38 minutes ago, NicktheGreek said:

Great News !!! You are a very lucky guy... Can I ask if you car have a reverse camera in its specifications?

No its a stock SEL with just the rear parking sensors.

23 hours ago, ALBACORE said:

It does sound from a few posts on there that more basically specced petrol cars are being built reasonably quickly (it's all relative!). That may be wishful thinking tho, since that is exactly what we have ordered as well!

28 minutes ago, Mattster21 said:

It does sound from a few posts on there that more basically specced petrol cars are being built reasonably quickly (it's all relative!). That may be wishful thinking tho, since that is exactly what we have ordered as well!

It's completely random, a couple weeks ago in German forums a lot of people received RS TDI's while in the UK a lot of posts were about getting their iV's.