Delivery times?

16 hours ago, DNC said:

I spoke to the dealer yesterday and I've been given a week 4 build for my Octavia vRS, revised forward from week 8. The biggest shock is that my wife's Scala wasn't due until August/ September and it's now  apparently also build week 4!!! 

So…what did you do…what did you say to the dealer…tell us the secret 😆

18 minutes ago, Dado82 said:

So…what did you do…what did you say to the dealer…tell us the secret 😆

I assume that the dates will change again, so I'm not holding my breath!

If there is any secret, I'm not sure what it is, unless Skoda UK spotted that I've ordered £70k worth of cars and that had some away! 😁🤣

Just had an update on my order. Ordered VRS on 28th September with Winter pack and Reversing camera. Build week was March originally then moved forward to December then January now it’s week 22 so May time. Luckily the car I’m trading in doesn’t need to be handed back until next year under its current finance plan and the trade in price is fixed until September this year. Can’t complain as I got a really good deal, £27000 for a VRS with the fitted options. 

1 minute ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I sent a mail to the dealer. Nothing new, no dates. Waiting from August and not even a "fake" date. Nothing. ;(

I'm not sure if it makes much difference, however production appears to have increased. Car deliveries to forum members are coming in thick and fast for now! You're only a month or so behind me, so good hopefully good news is not so far away! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I sent a mail to the dealer. Nothing new, no dates. Waiting from August and not even a "fake" date. Nothing. ;(

Today i did the same. Also no info. Ordered in August. 

I got an email through work today asking me if I could take deliver on Friday!!! Completely out of the blue. But being as it’s a company car it’s a bit different process. 

SEL estate with LED interior, metallic paint and some different wheels. I think I ordered it in June. 

2 hours ago, Bomber987 said:

I have been waiting since mid April for my RS TDI , the 51st week of production has been scheduled.  I still don't have the chassis number.  

does seem to be that the VRS models take the longest - maybe because they have all the electronic options?? I would have thought diesels would probably be at the back of that long queue too. 

1 hour ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

does seem to be that the VRS models take the longest - maybe because they have all the electronic options?? I would have thought diesels would probably be at the back of that long queue too. 

I've been told that diesel cars are coming through quicker sue to having much simpler electronic systems. That also depends on if it manual of DSG with the latter having slightly longer production times! 

Well I also contacted my dealer via mail after our very short phone call…and expressed my concern about the delivery date that he gave me with no warranty it will be fulfilled…it was said week 14 maybe?

So he wrote me back with all the apologies and other stuff the explanation, that every order with lot of options added (amundsen, digital display, back camera, electric boot…etc) is held back because they can’t complete it and that’s why other vehicles with lower options come faster even if they ordered later…
So that’s it…sit and wait 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Morning All, 

Just thought I would advise that I ordered my company car Octavia iv SEL with Race Blue and Automatic Boot options 30/06/2021 and it is being dfelivered 14/01/2022. The original estimated delivery was meant to be 15/11/2021. This was pushed back by a month three times before settling on an estimated delivery date of 30/01/2022. As above it is coming sooner than the last estimate I had. 

Thank you

27 minutes ago, ladaloutevans said:

Morning All, 

Just thought I would advise that I ordered my company car Octavia iv SEL with Race Blue and Automatic Boot options 30/06/2021 and it is being dfelivered 14/01/2022. The original estimated delivery was meant to be 15/11/2021. This was pushed back by a month three times before settling on an estimated delivery date of 30/01/2022. As above it is coming sooner than the last estimate I had. 

Thank you

That’s almost exactly the same as me. 

1 hour ago, Dado82 said:

Well I also contacted my dealer via mail after our very short phone call…and expressed my concern about the delivery date that he gave me with no warranty it will be fulfilled…it was said week 14 maybe?

So he wrote me back with all the apologies and other stuff the explanation, that every order with lot of options added (amundsen, digital display, back camera, electric boot…etc) is held back because they can’t complete it and that’s why other vehicles with lower options come faster even if they ordered later…
So that’s it…sit and wait 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

If your dealer is talking about Kamiq it is not totally true. Our Monte Carlo (1.0 TSI DSG) has almost all options ticked (I believe it was 21 extra options when we ordered it is now 18 on the configuration as BlindSpot, electric boot and folding mirrors are no longer an option) and has already been built  and is in Slovenia (hope we pick it up Thursday). 

Probably nobody (even Skoda) knows how the cars are being built and delivered. 😫

• Love it! 1

15 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

look at a few of us who have waited a lot longer.i ordered may 21 and still no firm delivery date.9 push backs and 3  build dates .am sure there is a few people on this site who have waited longer than me.

14 hours ago, Bomber987 said:

I have been waiting since mid April for my RS TDI , the 51st week of production has been scheduled.  I still don't have the chassis number.  

I got the VIN number today.  I hope that the car will be completed without going to some parking lot where it will wait for missing parts.

1 hour ago, Joss1733 said:

look at a few of us who have waited a lot longer.i ordered may 21 and still no firm delivery date.9 push backs and 3  build dates .am sure there is a few people on this site who have waited longer than me.

I am looking at you, that is why I am worried and confused. 🥺

I got in touch with the dealer today, said that he expects the car to be built I quote "any moment now/very soon", whatever that means. Asked if there is a provisional build week and/or VIN, no reply yet. Beginning of December he told me the car is either going to be built just before Christmas, or just after, but he expects it around end of January. Ordered Race Blue RS 245 petrol with blind spot, virtual pedal, canton, dcc, rear climate and heating around the end of October in Bulgaria.

• Like 1

Well I've just had a call from the dealer, who I emailed yesterday for an update. Good news! My car was built as planned in week 1 (so last week), despite rumours of factory close down (make of that what you will). Car is now in transit to the port, and if all goes to plan I could have it in 4-5 weeks. This is a bog standard SE estate in silver, ordered end of September 2021. Judging by posts on this forum, things do seem to be moving now so best of luck to everyone who is still waiting (and apologies to those who ordered so far ahead of me and are still waiting for news).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zhivkov00 said:

I got in touch with the dealer today, said that he expects the car to be built I quote "any moment now/very soon", whatever that means. Asked if there is a provisional build week and/or VIN, no reply yet. Beginning of December he told me the car is either going to be built just before Christmas, or just after, but he expects it around end of January. Ordered Race Blue RS 245 petrol with blind spot, virtual pedal, canton, dcc, rear climate and heating around the end of October in Bulgaria.

ordered in october and you still got Canton ??? thats good for you but very unfair from Skoda.

We ordered 2 Skoda in the same time and thinking of buying more for our company to replace all the Peugeot but if this is like this we will change our mind

Edited by zorglub

1 hour ago, zorglub said:

ordered in october and you still got Canton ??? thats good for you but very unfair from Skoda.

We ordered 2 Skoda in the same time and thinking of buying more for our company to replace all the Peugeot but if this is like this we will change our mind

When I was configuring it the configurator still had it as an option, a month later when I checked it was gone. I asked the dealer if I had to remove it from my car, but he said it shouldn't be a problem. I don't know if it is country based or what...

14 minutes ago, Zhivkov00 said:

When I was configuring it the configurator still had it as an option, a month later when I checked it was gone. I asked the dealer if I had to remove it from my car, but he said it shouldn't be a problem. I don't know if it is country based or what...

Yes, it is country based. 

am sure the factory was closed in december before xmas are not going back into production until 10 january.somebody as alread said this period of no production gives them a chance of catching up on cars already built.i would not believe a word off anybody until i get the keys in my hand.most of them are just telling you what you want to hear.

• Like 1