Delivery times?

Hi!

This is my first message on this forum, but I have been reading this topic since June 2021.

I ordered mine in the last week of June in Spain (Hatchback Sport 1.5 TSI DSG MHEV). I had to give up blind spot to continue with the order back in November. I have been given several unconfirmed 2022 weeks from 1 to 22. Last one is week 11. No official communication from Skoda nor webpage to follow the order either. Hopefully it is delivered soon.

Cheers

10 minutes ago, KBizzle said:

It's no better in the UK. I ordered early August but there's been no information or sign of progress since then. I like to pretend that the longer it takes the better the software will be...

I like to pretend I ordered a Toyota, Kia or Hyundai (they still have chips) and that the car is already here... :)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dado82 said:

It looks like July was cursed month for all Škoda orders 😆 including mine

Lol that could indeed be as seeing orders from august and june and even september + oktober 2021 get finished is beyond me. Juli 2021 could be an issue order month as i am still waiting for a beginning july 21order. And i only got a probable march/april 2022 delivery and got a mail yesterday from the dealer no new info or estimate 😢

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Omniking said:

Lol that could indeed be as seeing orders from august and june and even september + oktober 2021 get finished is beyond me. Juli 2021 could be an issue order month as i am still waiting for a beginning july 21order. And i only got a probable march/april 2022 delivery and got a mail yesterday from the dealer no new info or estimate 😢

I know…I’m starting to think that orders from July got lost somewhere 🤷🏻‍♂️And same here…my dealer said it could be delivered in week 17…but he added “maybe” at the end so go figure that. I already told him I’ll wait till then if not I’m stepping out. It’s totally unbelievable to have orders waiting from last year and not even any information about the production. As he said even they don’t know how is production running…there’s no rule. 

• Groan 1

And just to add another nonsense…our company ordered 3 octavias in October and just got informed about the delivery…January 2023 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Sad 3

If your July orders got lost......what do you think happened to may March order :) ......maybe it was ordered and delivered in some other dimension :) :) 

But on the serious note - how is it possible in this day and age to order a 30K+ car and not have a single information for more than 10 months? Even the smallest parts (semiconductors, coils etc..) have serial numbers on them and you can track your order in real-time. I just don't get it...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GregB11x said:

If your July orders got lost......what do you think happened to may March order :) ......maybe it was ordered and delivered in some other dimension :) :) 

But on the serious note - how is it possible in this day and age to order a 30K+ car and not have a single information for more than 10 months? Even the smallest parts (semiconductors, coils etc..) have serial numbers on them and you can track your order in real-time. I just don't get it...

I never in a million years would consider to be in the same situation as my parents when ordering Zastava Yugo back at the beginning of 90s 😆 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Dado82 said:

just got informed about the delivery…January 2023

Hmm... did your company order Octavia IV? Because the delivery estimates for those went up recently, have a look in the link below at Skoda cars:

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

Those are (almost) real-time adjusting delivery estimates for VAG cars in DE, and the delivery for plug-in Octavia changed to Q1/2023 in the past month. Before the end of last year, they were still showing 9-10 months or so...
Indeed, deliveries look a bit like lottery - there were recent deliveries in Bulgaria and Greece ordered in October and September (if I remember correctly) and there are orders since March & April still waiting in UK, France, Germany. It's almost impossible to establish a pattern or East-West EU discrepancies... 

@KBizzle - same here: I keep fooling myself that the software will be (almost) bug-less. But I'm afraid that's something I'm dreaming only to justify the wait. I ordered a TDI in August, so I'll keep waiting for quite a while.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Hmm... did your company order Octavia IV? Because the delivery estimates for those went up recently, have a look in the link below at Skoda cars:

Those are (almost) real-time adjusting delivery estimates for VAG cars in DE, and the delivery for plug-in Octavia changed to Q1/2023 in the past month. Before the end of last year, they were still showing 9-10 months or so...
Indeed, deliveries look a bit like lottery - there were recent deliveries in Bulgaria and Greece ordered in October and September (if I remember correctly) and there are orders since March & April still waiting in UK, France, Germany. It's almost impossible to establish a pattern or East-West EU discrepancies... 

@KBizzle - same here: I keep fooling myself that the software will be (almost) bug-less. But I'm afraid that's something I'm dreaming only to justify the wait. I ordered a TDI in August, so I'll keep waiting for quite a while.

That is strange. I had a feeling till now, that the IVs are the priority. 

Not being fined in 2021 for not meeting the required emissions for the group was a priority.  VW Group signed up partners to assist in that.

So now in 2022 they should find it easier and they can get cars out before new legislation comes in during 2022 on new type approved vehicles and they will be stopping production

of some current vehicles and drivetrains in Europe. 

2 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

I don't think you're fooling yourself. I've sat on these forums and on German ones since first Octavias were delivered and software+new hardware seems to have fixed most of the issues, there aren't many new people coming in to complain. People who still have problems are mostly early adopters, but there seems to be a recall happening, conditions for which aren't very clear though.

Though the emergency braking issue seems to remain, I think it has something to do with you guys driving on the wrong side, maybe VAG can't figure out how to swap their code to the other side or they don't care about a smaller market.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

My March order (VRS TSI hatch, manual, Race Blue (originally Meteor Grey), no other options) looks like it will finally be on my driveway next week. So it's taken just over 10 months... Not the 15 weeks I was originally quoted.

It's just my theory but it seems like all cars ordered before the change from MY21 to MY22 were effectively reset as they had to be converted to a (albeit only slightly) different build standard. So they went into the mix with everything else ordered around that time (~July). It would explain the mixed up delivery order.

• Like 1

There is a possible explanation for the mess in the car deliveries .Of course not at all logical and just.

Orders of March to August were produced incomplete due to lack of semiconductos and other parts. They were put to large parking lots , which as I read in the news they were full , waiting for the missing parts. Since production had to continue and some parts came in they put them in the new cars they were producing , in order to ship them immediately and continue production . So some lucky cars ordered in September and October were delivered or waiting for delivery very soon. 

This completly wrong and injust way is completely wrong and I believe those who have a car waiting for 8 9,10 months should press Skoda directly to

change their strategy . Emails , complaints etc. Not the dealers because they are aware of all these and want to keep smooth relations with Skoda.

PS.  As I have already mentioned I was a lucky one and ordered on 10 th of September and received my car on the 13 th of January. ..!!!!

Octavia 1.5 mhev hatchback DSG  SEL Style  with HUD , camera .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ralliskara said:

There is a possible explanation for the mess in the car deliveries .Of course not at all logical and just.

Orders of March to August were produced incomplete due to lack of semiconductos and other parts. They were put to large parking lots , which as I read in the news they were full , waiting for the missing parts. Since production had to continue and some parts came in they put them in the new cars they were producing , in order to ship them immediately and continue production . So some lucky cars ordered in September and October were delivered or waiting for delivery very soon. 

This completly wrong and injust way is completely wrong and I believe those who have a car waiting for 8 9,10 months should press Skoda directly to

change their strategy . Emails , complaints etc. Not the dealers because they are aware of all these and want to keep smooth relations with Skoda.

PS.  As I have already mentioned I was a lucky one and ordered on 10 th of September and received my car on the 13 th of January. ..!!!!

Octavia 1.5 mhev hatchback DSG  SEL Style  with HUD , camera .

I don't think this is plausible. I ordered the car last week of August so it couldn't have been produced yet. No info to date. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I don't think this is plausible. I ordered the car last week of August so it couldn't have been produced yet. No info to date. :)

Agreed. 

I believe that atleast from june or august most of the cars were just delayd. Cars waiting for parts were slighty prioritized and order late summer were just on hold.

I ordered my car early august and it got a build week update last week, which is week 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timster said:

Agreed. 

I believe that atleast from june or august most of the cars were just delayd. Cars waiting for parts were slighty prioritized and order late summer were just on hold.

I ordered my car early august and it got a build week update last week, which is week 6.

Realy i didn't get any information about that is my car is made and is waiting for some parts. And in first half of December i could change and add in back door for child window blind.

I had confirmation from my broker on Monday that my Standard SEL 1.5 TSI has been built and is awaiting transport to the UK.

My order was placed late September and I was quoted March/April by the dealer so I am pretty satisfied. I was expecting a worse outcome.  

26 minutes ago, ThomEmer said:

I had confirmation from my broker on Monday that my Standard SEL 1.5 TSI has been built and is awaiting transport to the UK.

My order was placed late September and I was quoted March/April by the dealer so I am pretty satisfied. I was expecting a worse outcome.  

Before you broker called thst the car is finished, have you had any other information? Or did this information come out of the blue?

28 minutes ago, Rookie97 said:

Before you broker called thst the car is finished, have you had any other information? Or did this information come out of the blue?

The broker has been providing updates here and there. I was given a build week in early November and then they followed up stating that it had reverted back to awaiting build week late November. Now it is ready. 

I’ve not had any contact from the dealer and I’ve not been contacting them myself either. The broker must be keen for their commission !

On 19/01/2022 at 17:59, zetzet said:

I don't think you're fooling yourself. I've sat on these forums and on German ones since first Octavias were delivered and software+new hardware seems to have fixed most of the issues, there aren't many new people coming in to complain. People who still have problems are mostly early adopters, but there seems to be a recall happening, conditions for which aren't very clear though.

Though the emergency braking issue seems to remain, I think it has something to do with you guys driving on the wrong side, maybe VAG can't figure out how to swap their code to the other side or they don't care about a smaller market.

I hope you're right. I had similar thoughts when I saw all the software issues, which is that sooner or later they would have to sort them out and that hopefully it wouldn't be a long term problem. That still doesn't excuse it, of course, especially if it concerns safety critical systems. The software, I believe, runs across all of the VAG group so you really would think they would have a better handle on it - presumably they have spent many millions developing it.

One of the reasons I ended up going for the SE over the SEL was that I didn't want too many software-based bells and whistles - especially things like lane assist - so hopefully I won't end up with those on my car (which, btw, is now on the boat from Emden and should be in the UK somewhere by the end of the weeked).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattster21 said:

I hope you're right. I had similar thoughts when I saw all the software issues, which is that sooner or later they would have to sort them out and that hopefully it wouldn't be a long term problem. That still doesn't excuse it, of course, especially if it concerns safety critical systems. The software, I believe, runs across all of the VAG group so you really would think they would have a better handle on it - presumably they have spent many millions developing it.

One of the reasons I ended up going for the SE over the SEL was that I didn't want too many software-based bells and whistles - especially things like lane assist - so hopefully I won't end up with those on my car (which, btw, is now on the boat from Emden and should be in the UK somewhere by the end of the weeked).

You also probably get it faster, because you have less "bells and whistles". So a double win for you... :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

You also probably get it faster, because you have less "bells and whistles". So a double win for you... :)

That was also part of my thinking. To be honest, the only thing in the SEL I thought I would prefer was the interior (seats), maybe the auto dimming/folding wing mirrors and the virtual cockpit. I doubt I'd use the sat nav (use Google Maps on car play instead), can live without front sensors, can add floor mats, don't want lane assist or adaptive cruise control (perhaps I'm missing out). So the £4k extra for the L didn't seem worth it.

1 hour ago, Mattster21 said:

That was also part of my thinking. To be honest, the only thing in the SEL I thought I would prefer was the interior (seats), maybe the auto dimming/folding wing mirrors and the virtual cockpit. I doubt I'd use the sat nav (use Google Maps on car play instead), can live without front sensors, can add floor mats, don't want lane assist or adaptive cruise control (perhaps I'm missing out). So the £4k extra for the L didn't seem worth it.

I understand, but I'm just a poor boy with big eyes 🤤, who never had any of these technical thingys (not even car play), that got a chance to order a new company car, so of course I desired as much as possible. 🙂 I didn't know the real price will be the delivery time, that will be payed with interests. 😭