Delivery times?

I am feeling very very lucky today. My dealer called me for receiving the car tommorow at 15.00. 

SEL 1.5 dsg with leather , Camera , and HUD .

Order 10 September

Confirmed  beginning of October

Produced  week 51

Of course there is a catch , the price increase was 2000 € (I had an open price). The 900 for the car and the rest 1100 because the master dealer in Greece decided to lower the corporate discount. I  did a claim and they gave me 500 back. It seems now in the shortage Skoda and the dealers sell less cars and they want to pass their profit loss to consumers. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

10 hours ago, Bomber987 said:

When the vehicle becomes fully visible in the skoda connect application, does that mean the vehicle is completely finished and ready for delivery to the supplier ?

How do you get it to your App? With VIN? Where/when do you get that?

Edited by timster

On 09/01/2022 at 15:39, DNC said:

I spoke to the dealer yesterday and I've been given a week 4 build for my Octavia vRS, revised forward from week 8. The biggest shock is that my wife's Scala wasn't due until August/ September and it's now  apparently also build week 4!!! 

I spoke too soon!

I'm now build week 6 and my wife is week 9. As long as my car isn't revised back to a later build week! My wife's is no issue, as she didn't expect it for months anyway! 

FIngers crossed that my car arrives early to mid March. 

3 hours ago, Rookie97 said:

Those who have an Octavia 1.5 mphev dsg... If u drive around 40-50 kmph, does the engine go in cruise mode? Aka you drive on electricity? For how long?

I don't have it yet (ordered). But from what I learned and observed during the test drives, mild hybrids will never use electric engine alone. It will slightly boost ICE when accelerating, but that's about it.

Can't tell about ACT yet. I'd expect it to go into "cruise" mode if the engine load is low enough.

9 minutes ago, AdamK321 said:

Still waiting on the car. Ordered 3rd of March. Ambition model with some options: canton, Led matrix headlights. Absolutely no info from the car. Looks like the eastern european market gets the massive delays.

Diesel? 

Which country? 

5 hours ago, Rookie97 said:

Those who have an Octavia 1.5 mphev dsg... If u drive around 40-50 kmph, does the engine go in cruise mode? Aka you drive on electricity? For how long?

What do you mean by cruise mode? Engine off or ACT?

Electric engine does not move the car without the ICE.

ps. not related to delivery times.

Edited by timster

3 hours ago, Senaid said:

Diesel? 

Which country? 

He is from Hungary and I agree with him. They just don't care about us. It is strange, that we both ordered a TDI DSG, so again maybe they discriminate against diesel engines. :)

Edited by MaximusMeridius

16 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

He is from Hungary and I agree with him. They just don't care about us. It is strange, that we both ordered a TDI DSG, so again maybe they discriminate against diesel engines. :)

I dont believe its country/region based problem cause i saw quite a few cars that came to Slo(all with petrol engines).

I also think that they didnt want to build diesel engines last year(reason could be co2 numbers ?!?), but they will have to start soon if they want customers to keep their orders 🙃

Edited by Senaid

4 hours ago, Senaid said:

I dont believe its country/region based problem cause i saw quite a few cars that came to Slo(all with petrol engines).

I also think that they didnt want to build diesel engines last year(reason could be co2 numbers ?!?), but they will have to start soon if they want customers to keep their orders 🙃

In UK, the latest car sales figures (December) were just 4.8% for diesel, and 25.5% for pure electric.    Petrol car sales were 8 times diesel at 38.7% (other 31% were hybrids and mild hybrids)

Skoda UK don’t offer 25% of its UK models as electric, and obviously the under 1 in 21 wanting a diesel are not going to make much difference, so unlikely to be a priority.

If they want low CO2, need to be chasing the 5 in 20 wanting electric, but they can’t as haven’t got the production capacity to make the electric vehicles.

Edited by SurreyJohn

Got mine last night - VRs iv plus about 3k in extras. What a disapointment when I did a 250 mile trip today. So many issues - for those waiting for their car be glad you are and hope they fix them before you pick it up. To top it all off I ended up with 40 mpg from a hybrid - not impressed.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ScottieJ said:

Got mine last night - VRs iv plus about 3k in extras. What a disapointment when I did a 250 mile trip today. So many issues - for those waiting for their car be glad you are and hope they fix them before you pick it up. To top it all off I ended up with 40 mpg from a hybrid - not impressed.

I wouldn't be looking at consumption figures during the break in period.

19 hours ago, Senaid said:

It is strange you don't believe it. You ordered the car in April (Slovenia). You are waiting 9 months already with zero info. 🙂 Everything in this world is about money. If you don't produce alot of cars, you sell the ones with higher margin. The only problem is, they won't admit this, because one day "semiconductur crisis" will be over and they will once again care about your order. This is the only logical explanation I can find. Also additional options make a difference, but again more for eastern europe, because other people order cameras, cantons, side assists, DSGs... and still get the car in 4 - 6 months. The only other problem for us could be transportation, but someone in Slovenia got their Kamiq in less then 5 months, so I guess this theory is out the window.

9 hours ago, ScottieJ said:

What are these issues? I guess they are software related?

Picked up my Race Blue VRS DSG 245 Estate last night.

Not done many miles yet but overall very impressed so far.

Couple of little glitches so far. Sound via CarPlay (wired) seems to 'drop out' occasionally and the info screen went distorted on CarPlay and seemed to 'lock up'. Went to Menu and back to CarPlay and was ok.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, drnovshek said:

Took delivery of mine on the 14th. Its a great great car. Ordered on 9th February 2021.

IMG_20220116_192901.jpg

Congratz!

Could You also share some of the unique opt ins+engine type?

Also small offtopic - I have also ordered the velvet red metallic color, but in most pictures it is not possible to detect the actual color. Also in your image bumper looks darker than the bonnet (picture/lighting issues), could you describe which one is closer to the overall look of the car>