Delivery times?

The gas to parts of the EU have been reduced this week.  VW surely know about Fixing the roof while the sun shines.   While Russia has not cut all supplies and the 3 countries that are getting plenty and will longer than the rest of the EU then surely they will get as much production done that they can.   It is a pity that VW Group  pee off suppliers by being bad customers, always blaming suppliers, screwing them over or trying to including those that supplies their chips.   The unions might be happy to be more productive & flexible on holidays for more sausages as part of improved pay and conditions.  

Edited by roottoot

4 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

They should hurry up with what they can produce. Recession is incoming and that means many cancellations. 

Well, cancelled orders will just be sold with higher prices. In a way Skoda can make more money by people cancelling their cars.

Edited by timster
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, timster said:

Well, cancelled orders will just be sold with higher prices. In a way Skoda can make more money by people cancelling their cars.

If mass cancellation occurs because of recession, they will sell nothing to noone. Rich guys are definitelly not buying your cancelled Skoda, while middle class is saving money. :)

18 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

If mass cancellation occurs because of recession, they will sell nothing to noone. Rich guys are definitelly not buying your cancelled Skoda, while middle class is saving money. :)

Sure, but i guess maybe 30% of us will cancel. Not everyone :)

I bet every cancelled but produced skoda will be sold. Actually if customer cancels i don’t think seller cancels that order. They can have it sold in no time.

8 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

Well nothing will get done in those 2 weeks. And there isn’t only the Skoda factory that gets closed, suppliers have that too. So I guess what doesn’t come out in 30 days from now, will be delivered in September (hopefully).

Actually a lot gets done during those two weeks. While the assembly line workers are mostly on vacation all the maintenance is performed to make sure the plant can operate properly for the rest of the year.

14 minutes ago, zetzet said:

Actually a lot gets done during those two weeks. While the assembly line workers are mostly on vacation all the maintenance is performed to make sure the plant can operate properly for the rest of the year.

Ok, sure, that has to be done, but I was referring to cars being built in that period.

4 hours ago, KpaL said:

I bet every cancelled but produced skoda will be sold. Actually if customer cancels i don’t think seller cancels that order. They can have it sold in no time.

Now, for sure. In 6 months time to a year we will see... Maybe if they lower the prices. Trust me, there will be a time, when situation will change. :)

Enter me in for 6 months + and likely to reach 1 year+ at this rate.
Ordered on 28/08/21 for an Octavia Estate IV SE L DSG in Silver and have heard nothing. 

Parents have been waiting on a MK8 Golf R since last June, it was confirmed a build week of 23 but no updates since.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, David Heavey said:

My Octavia VRS Estate petrol ordered July 2021. I am told today that it is complete and I should see it in the UK in about 4 weeks. So good news there is hope

Awesome to hear!

When did you order and did yours go production on feb?

15 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

my car went into production week 4 ----24/01/2022.same old message waiting for parts.so dont hold your breath.

No I won't, I know that production date doesn't mean much, but it's better news than no news.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

got my weekly update pushed back until 22/07/2022 that makes it a day over 14 months since ordering the car 21/07/2021.

Welcome to the 14months club 😁😅

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Senaid said:

Welcome to the 14months club 😁😅

only wish i was not one in this club.looking at your posts there is one off maximusmeridiu and one off senaid that have waited longer than me.just wondering is there anyone waited longer than us ie slovenia ,and the uk?

I was also given a production week 25 (got the date at the beginning of June), ordered in beginning of Nov 21. Few friends and colleagues got Toyota and one got a Mazda in about 1/2 of that time. its just that some automotive groups have much better value chain management.

9 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

only wish i was not one in this club.looking at your posts there is one off maximusmeridiu and one off senaid that have waited longer than me.just wondering is there anyone waited longer than us ie slovenia ,and the uk?

Not me mate. I have a July 21 order. There is one from Belgium who ordered in Feb 21. Poor guy, if he is still waiting. I hope he got it and just forgot to write in delivery time. 😞

Edited by MaximusMeridius
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2022 at 08:10, David Heavey said:

Same for me.

I asked the dealer what that meant, he said 'This isn't an excuse, but we would see 'Error' sometimes during the time that 2022 cars are being made, and 2023 cars are being made. This could possibly mean that your car will now be a 2023 car rather than a 2022 one, as it hasn't begun to be built yet'

So I asked him would they definitely honour the price at which I agreed the lease, and he said they 'definitely' would.

To be more specific, the car I ordered was a vrs diesel dsg estate in race blue, everything stock, no additions of anything. I haven't put it on the sheet, but will do if someone posts the link to it. 

thanks. Ferd

4 hours ago, Ferdia said:

I asked the dealer what that meant, he said 'This isn't an excuse, but we would see 'Error' sometimes during the time that 2022 cars are being made, and 2023 cars are being made. This could possibly mean that your car will now be a 2023 car rather than a 2022 one, as it hasn't begun to be built yet'

Got the same explanation from my dealer when it started to show "error" next to delivery week (car hasn't been delivered yet and no idea when it will be delivered)