Delivery times?

23 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Just been advised that mine is about to go into production within the next couple of weeks and is expected in the UK in Mid January. 🙏

Could not spot you on the spreadsheet. Been waiting long?

58 minutes ago, Stuart_S said:

I'm guessing you didn't order the IV......

I wouldn't have a hybrid or pure electric. I don't have anywhere to charge or part charge either. 

The car is parked about 25m away from home. 

Now just worried about the reliability of the new one and having second thoughts about whether I've done the right thing in ordering one with all of the faults I have seen listed on here. 

Edited by TheWanderer

Hi there, not a regular forum poster but used to lurk here for the useful info when I last had an Octy, and on this thread in particular for the last year or so. So I thought it’s about time to share my story.

I ordered an SE Technology PHEV estate, with ACC and winter pack, through VWFS in October 2021 on a PCH contract. They said it would likely be built July 2022 for delivery in August. I was told in the summer that it was now likely to be built in September. No biggie given the ongoing issues, I thought, but I was already steeling myself for disappointment. I was then told it had been allocated a build week (41) but that this was mysteriously cancelled by the factory. The supplying dealer says he has no idea when the car is now likely to be built.

I’ve extended the PCH on my current car which VWFS are being very flexible over, but it’s deeply frustrating.

Ordinarily I’d walk away, but comparing the deal I agreed to what is currently being offered in the market, I feel I’d be a fool to join the back of someone else’s queue for a lesser, or much costlier car.

• Like 2

Just had a call from the salesman at my dealer. He tells me my order has been accepted by the factory and expects further news on build shortly. Is the genuine good news or just sales and marketing flim flam? 1.4 PHEV ordered feb 22.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tain76 said:

Hi there, not a regular forum poster but used to lurk here for the useful info when I last had an Octy, and on this thread in particular for the last year or so. So I thought it’s about time to share my story.

I ordered an SE Technology PHEV estate, with ACC and winter pack, through VWFS in October 2021 on a PCH contract. They said it would likely be built July 2022 for delivery in August. I was told in the summer that it was now likely to be built in September. No biggie given the ongoing issues, I thought, but I was already steeling myself for disappointment. I was then told it had been allocated a build week (41) but that this was mysteriously cancelled by the factory. The supplying dealer says he has no idea when the car is now likely to be built.

I’ve extended the PCH on my current car which VWFS are being very flexible over, but it’s deeply frustrating.

Ordinarily I’d walk away, but comparing the deal I agreed to what is currently being offered in the market, I feel I’d be a fool to join the back of someone else’s queue for a lesser, or much costlier car.

Yeah, the dealer told me, that recently factory have deleted many orders, and there are no specific dates. I'm starting to think that factory act like this on purpose, pushing back cars that was ordered long time ago, because it's much cheaper. Maybe Skoda hopes we will cancel the order. I'm currently waiting 15 months, and still no build date. I promised my self to wait and get this car, but never again buy Skoda or any VAG's brand. 

Edited by Semiconductor34
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Yeah, the dealer told me, that recently factory have deleted many orders, and there are no specific dates. I'm starting to think that factory act like this on purpose, pushing back cars that was ordered long time ago, because it's much cheaper. Maybe Skoda hopes we will cancel the order. I'm currently waiting 15 months, and still no build date. I promised my self to wait and get this car, but never again buy Skoda or any VAG's brand. 

Wouldn’t surprise me tbh. I’ve just knocked up a price for the car if I were to order it today through nationwide vehicle contracts, and for the same terms as my order (3+48, 12k miles PA) I’d be paying £240 a month more. Which, even if I could afford it, I wouldn’t be paying for an Octavia.

When I was last time at the dealer (around mid-October) they said that they've had discussion with importer about cars in the backlog. Importer promised to "prioritize" some long outstanding orders like mine (since July '21). 

So l wrote to Skoda with my "commission number" and they replied that the car is scheduled for W48 manufacturing (next week). 

I don't get too hyped after do many delays, but maybe, just maybe it's true :)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Semiconductor34 said:

The problem is you have a contract with a (very poor) delivery estimate, and no penalties for delay.    

If parts are now more expensive, so they will make a loss on your build, it will keep getting moved to back of queue if other builds are profitable.  Doesn’t make much difference to the factory if you car is 12 months late or 12 years late if other orders keep it busy in meantime.

Just spoke to VWFS asking for an update on delivery status of my Octy iV - ordered Nov 2021

Currently leasing a golf - got the 3 month notice to extend or purchase the car.

i was told by VWFS "You'll be lucky to get delivery in Q1 2023" , i am now realistically expecting delivery in June/ July 2023 - its going to be a long wait!

I have emailed Skoda customer services to see what the progress of my car is and recieved the following reply.  Looks like all those options I added won't be helping the situation 🙂

"Dear Mr Waddingham

Thank you for your response.

I have contacted our Brand Support Team and they have advised that the vehicle has been built. It is currently waiting for the semi-conductors, and they can’t provide a timeline at the moment as to when the parts might arrived.

Please be assured we are working hard to find solutions to the supply chain issues. Your dealership will always be best placed to keep you up to date with specific production and delivery issues.

I hope this information proves useful. If you require any further information, please respond to this email and I will be happy to assist.

You may receive a survey about the service that I have provided. I would be grateful if you have the time to complete this, as it will help me to provide the best customer experience possible.

Thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK"

On 29/11/2022 at 10:14, Tain76 said:

You are in a similar position as I was. No other good deals, lease ending so I was committed. I ended up being 13 months from end July/August 2021. 

Wonder if I should phone a dealer 18 months before my lease ends next time! 

My dealer emailed me today to let me know that the order is accepted by the factory. It was accepted originally as an MY22 car but they’ve now reaccepted it as MY23

Have asked what it means mentioning that I can see from on there that people who’ve ordered phevs in mid-21 still don’t have theirs

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wadd3r5 said:

I have emailed Skoda customer services to see what the progress of my car is and recieved the following reply.  Looks like all those options I added won't be helping the situation 🙂

"Dear Mr Waddingham

Thank you for your response.

I have contacted our Brand Support Team and they have advised that the vehicle has been built. It is currently waiting for the semi-conductors, and they can’t provide a timeline at the moment as to when the parts might arrived.

Please be assured we are working hard to find solutions to the supply chain issues. Your dealership will always be best placed to keep you up to date with specific production and delivery issues.

I hope this information proves useful. If you require any further information, please respond to this email and I will be happy to assist.

You may receive a survey about the service that I have provided. I would be grateful if you have the time to complete this, as it will help me to provide the best customer experience possible.

Thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK"

Same for me. The car has been built in late October, but still waiting for missing parts since more than a month now. With this, I'm now on my 20th month since the original order...

All I can hope is that the factory will finish these cars before the end of the year... (to improve the quarterly financial results)

"Disappointment" is not the right word to explain this ****...

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, PoloGaz said:

My dealer emailed me today to let me know that the order is accepted by the factory. It was accepted originally as an MY22 car but they’ve now reaccepted it as MY23

Have asked what it means mentioning that I can see from on there that people who’ve ordered phevs in mid-21 still don’t have theirs

Ask them to email a copy of screen print of the factory acceptance (your dealer might be honest, but there have been tales of some making dates up)

Secondly ask for list of all the specifications changes since your order date to a MY23 car, just in case something has been deleted and they “forgot” to tell you.

5 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

Ask them to email a copy of screen print of the factory acceptance (your dealer might be honest, but there have been tales of some making dates up)

Secondly ask for list of all the specifications changes since your order date to a MY23 car, just in case something has been deleted and they “forgot” to tell you.

they sent me a video showing their system with the complete details of the car on screen. No changes to my build spec, so all looks fine!.  It was accepted on 14/11

Just for info's sake, I was phoned on 3rd Nov by the dealer to say that my car had been built, being delivered to dealer today (5th Dec) in UK. Doesn't help you with outstanding Octavias yet to be built, but might prove useful to the extremely lucky ones whose cars are being built.

Edited by Jooles
Mis spelling
  • Like 1

On 24/11/2022 at 17:29, quantumowner said:

Jooles,

What was your build week please.

Mine is supposedly to be built next week and I want to gauge how long it takes to get onto the boat. Thanks. 

My dealer is in Cardiff.

Soz but no idea, was given 12 month delivery when ordered in April 22 so was not tracking it closely, then completely surprised from phone call from dealer out of the blue.

Latest update from Skoda via the dealer, after the last update was looking promising:

"This unit is unfortunately delayed, with the likely delay affecting it being component shortages due to a lack of supply from Chinese suppliers. We do expect a large portion of delayed units to complete in CW51 and CW52 however there is no guarantee this unit will be one of them"

So I'm guessing late Jan/early Feb delivery at the earliest now. 

• Groan 1