Delivery times?

2 hours ago, FatWolfie said:

I don’t want to be “that guy”……but I will be!

Congratulations! The lady is well hidden though :)

I've been looking at the options on the market as well. But.. There are few quite specific things I needed that are not offered anymore and you can't find them on MY22 or even MY21 cars anymore. One of them being Park Assist 3, another one a 220V socket at the back. Both are quite necessary in our case.

Additionally, looking at the inflation and current interest rates. The car itself would cost like 1.5-2K more is bought today. If you're using external financing that adds +7% interest rate points. Which is hideous compared to original deal.

So yeah, my situation there's nothing else left, but sit and wait. Maybe, one day :) 

23 minutes ago, Sque4ler said:

Mine was also scheduled for that week (42). They said to me that the car is assembled but still don’t have the final confirmation but we are in week 44 now.

Have you got a VIN?

No, the dealer advised that they haven’t got it.

1 hour ago, fryeruk said:

If you have the VIN number, that the car will be delivered to you shortly. When I got my VIN, it took around 10 days to be accepted in the Skoda app and around 15 days to be delivered to Sofia. I even contacted Skoda customer service why the VIN is not accepted immediately when it is received and they said it takes a while. So, don't worry, you will get the car soon. And to all you have you VIN numbers, you can check your vehicle exact specification at:

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

You have to click on Vehicle Specific Information, register a profile and then you will be asked to pay 7 Euros for the information, which will be available for download in .pdf. Please note, the access is valid for one hour only after the payment is received!

Thanks you made my day 😎 I hope that it’s going to happen the same way as yours. I’m in Budapest so maybe the delivery will be even quicker.

Are you tried erWin only after Skoda app has already accepted the VIN?

1 hour ago, Sque4ler said:

Many of you guys said before that you could add the VIN immediately after you received it from the dealer, but the exact car itself appeared only a few days later.

This is the sequence in my case (I wrote down everything in the .xls of my Octavia 😉 )

- 13/07 - VIN received;

- 23/08 - VIN accepted in SkodaConnect App;

- 31/08 - car correctly identified in SkodaConnect App; The very same day (31.08) the dealer wrote to me saying the car was completed.

- 27/09 - car was with the dealer;

- 01/10 - picked up the car.

p.s. Happy Anniversary to my car!!! It's 2 months old, and 1 month with me! How time flies...

Tom And Jerry Smile GIF

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

This is the sequence in my case (I wrote down everything in the .xls of my Octavia 😉 )

- 13/07 - VIN received;

- 23/08 - VIN accepted in SkodaConnect App;

- 31/08 - car correctly identified in SkodaConnect App; The very same day (31.08) the dealer wrote to me saying the car was completed.

- 27/09 - car was with the dealer;

- 01/10 - picked up the car.

p.s. Happy Anniversary to my car!!! It's 2 months old, and 1 month with me! How time flies...

Tom And Jerry Smile GIF

Congratulations :) They say that time flies faster when you finally put your hands to the steering wheels...   :D

But 1,5 months between the VIN and the production finish must be a painfully slow period. I hoping for a quicker process in my case...

1 hour ago, Sque4ler said:

Thanks you made my day 😎 I hope that it’s going to happen the same way as yours. I’m in Budapest so maybe the delivery will be even quicker.

Are you tried erWin only after Skoda app has already accepted the VIN?

I downloaded the car's information from ErWin on the day I received my VIN, so before registering the car at My Skoda App. Overall it took exactly one month from the build date in the factory to the day I got the car registered and on the road with my hands on the steering wheel.

2 hours ago, Sque4ler said:

But 1,5 months between the VIN and the production finish must be a painfully slow period. I hoping for a quicker process in my case...

In my case it took almost 4 months, and I think VIN was available even before, but I didn’t ask for it. But there was also the delay due to missing door panels, I think that shouldn’t be a problem anymore.

7 hours ago, FatWolfie said:

I don’t want to be “that guy”……but I will be!

I was in the market for a new VRS, ideally petrol 245, DSG and estate. Looked on the Skoda “available cars” tab and there was nothing. So I was resigned to ordering one and waiting.

Then I looked on website of Simpsons Skoda, and they had a brand new velvet red hatchback, 245 petrol, manual transmission, winter pack, travel pack and space saver spare tyre. Thinking about things, I thought that I could live with the hatchback and manual so decided that I’d take a run over on 20th October and if I liked it then I’d buy it. However it was a 4 hour round trip, so thought I’d call in to our local dealership to at least sit in any Octavia and check if the hatchback was going to be ok.

Unbelievably as I walked in there was a Magic Black 245 petrol estate DSG brand new sat in the showroom! Apparently someone ordered it and got fed up with waiting so bought their ex demo Kodiaq VRS instead. The dealer decided to carry on with the order as they knew (1) it was going to sell quickly and (2) if it didn’t then they would put it on demo.

it was so new in that they hadn’t even marked it as “available stock” flag to other dealers within their group.

The car didn’t have winter pack and isn’t the “perfect” spec I’d have ordered (manual seats for example and no heated wheel) but every other box was ticked.

The deal was done there and then  - and in fact when I was signing stuff I had a call from Simpson to see what time I might arrive to look at their car!

I picked the car up yesterday (gets it into dealers October figures) and only had to wait the 11 days as I was away on holiday last week!

so maybe it is worth calling round a few dealers to see if they have anything in stock rather than wait. You never know what might be out there 

gratuitous picture attached too.

93CCEBB4-526C-4471-AA6D-3D33FC72696B.jpeg

Congrats man! You are one lucky 🍀  guy! But the photo is a teaser, posting a car covered with tarpaulin or whatever black cloth this is, just to provoke our curiosity even more 😀👎. Still, we want to see your new black beauty uncovered 😉!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AudreySI said:

Congrats man! You are one lucky 🍀  guy! But the photo is a teaser, posting a car covered with tarpaulin or whatever black cloth this is, just to provoke our curiosity even more 😀👎. Still, we want to see your new black beauty uncovered 😉!

Thanks! I was just in the right place at the right time I guess. I put it down to fate as I was mostly happy with my Abarth but after 2 years getting a bit fed up with its “all or nothing” approach. I.e. great when you want to drive it like you stole it, but not so good if you jus want to pop to the shops.

the fact that the right car was immediately available sealed the fate of the Abarth…

I realised that I didn’t have any actual pictures other than the one posted, as I’d mainly taken walk round video. However I’ve now taken a couple more which are below.

3850F08A-26E5-4902-9779-A4DE927B6892.jpeg

4E4A5E71-CA6A-4804-B97B-E59A44D89423.jpeg

F903DB7C-C896-4B13-B08E-EB8249C5BA76.jpeg

• Love it! 2

8 minutes ago, FatWolfie said:

I realised that I didn’t have any actual pictures other than the one posted, as I’d mainly taken walk round video. However I’ve now taken a couple more, which are below.

Now, as I see, you have one brand new car (Skoda) and another vintage one ( Citroen). 😀👍. Many safe miles!

• Love it! 1

33 minutes ago, AudreySI said:

Now, as I see, you have one brand new car (Skoda) and another vintage one ( Citroen). 😀👍. Many safe miles!

Indeed, my dad had one of those, repairing it all the time and ended up borrowing Renault 4 from my grandad 😊

Anyway, the car looks great, many safe miles from me as well 🥳

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Thanks guys. I love the 2 CV and think it would be the last car I’d sell should push come to shove! Hence the number plate on the Skoda - wife’s car has a very similar number.

by the way the car is called Spooky Suzie . (Spooky for short) Because it’s Magic Black, collected on halloween and sales lady was called Suzannah ..

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

17 minutes ago, FatWolfie said:

Thanks guys. I love the 2 CV and think it would be the last car I’d sell should push come to shove! Hence the number plate on the Skoda - wife’s car has a very similar number.

by the way the car is called Spooky Suzie . (Spooky for short) Because it’s Magic Black, collected on halloween and sales lady was called Suzannah ..

I love the idea of naming cars 😊

• Like 2

According to delivery tracker sheet, there are some people reported that they have ordered RS 2.0 TSI with 4x4 (Poland, Lithuania, Slovenia, Finland)? In Estonia dealership only offered RS 2.0 TDI as 4x4. Could it be that different countries dealerships offer different extras? Or is there any chance that when im in Estonia i could get the RS 2.0 TSI as 4x4 also?

10 hours ago, Kristo97 said:

According to delivery tracker sheet, there are some people reported that they have ordered RS 2.0 TSI with 4x4 (Poland, Lithuania, Slovenia, Finland)? In Estonia dealership only offered RS 2.0 TDI as 4x4. Could it be that different countries dealerships offer different extras? Or is there any chance that when im in Estonia i could get the RS 2.0 TSI as 4x4 also?

No TSI 2.0 RS 4X4 available in Finland and i don't recall seeing one. You can see the brochure here https://www.skoda.fi/vertaile-ja-osta/hinnastot-ja-esitteet#octavia (OCTAVIA hinnasto).

10 hours ago, Kristo97 said:

Are you sure it is a RS 2.0 TSI with 4x4? Most probably it is a Sportline version with 2.0 TSI engine, 4x4 and 190 HP.

I never heard or read about a RS TSI version with 4x4.

11 hours ago, Kristo97 said:

it appears to be available image.png.97362bd3183debfc679f414bcc9943a5.png

Ordered PHEV SEL Feb. Original delivery  estimate 24 weeks. Well past that now. Latest from dealer no information, no build date. My aged Focus estate will need mot and service December. Will require more money spent keeping old reliable ticking on for a few more months. 

Hopefully others will receive card on time 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BRSEngineer said:

Ordered PHEV SEL Feb. Original delivery  estimate 24 weeks. Well past that now. Latest from dealer no information, no build date. My aged Focus estate will need mot and service December. Will require more money spent keeping old reliable ticking on for a few more months. 

Hopefully others will receive card on time 

I ordered an Octavia 1.4 IV SE technology solid blue. No optional extras. Ordered January 2022. Dealer updated to let me know I should receive the car June 2023 at the earliest. Ridiculous wait times. No build date yet either. 

• Sad 2
  • Crying 1

8 minutes ago, MikeM89 said:

Ordered January 2022. Dealer updated to let me know I should receive the car June 2023 at the earliest

That is bad news! It seems that the waiting time for a new Skoda Octavia car has been extended way beyond 12 months (currently, the average delivery date is approximately 15 months), and this prolongation has become the new "normal" in most cases (with some exceptions of course). 

• Groan 2

8 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Are you sure it is a RS 2.0 TSI with 4x4? Most probably it is a Sportline version with 2.0 TSI engine, 4x4 and 190 HP.

I never heard or read about a RS TSI version with 4x4.

I havent heart about RS TSI 4x4 neither, but here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17h4myLSMpZ3dohgDJX25mkOhKLbyepEaeEeYcA3AqFY/edit?usp=drivesdk people have listed like they have ordered it, thats why i asked about it.

16 minutes ago, Kristo97 said:

I havent heart about RS TSI 4x4 neither, but here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17h4myLSMpZ3dohgDJX25mkOhKLbyepEaeEeYcA3AqFY/edit?usp=drivesdk people have listed like they have ordered it, thats why i asked about it.

I would say it is a mistake in the excel.

Just heard from my garage that my car has been built and hopefully to get the keys in about 6 weeks time. Order placed in April 2022 so feeling very lucky.

• Like 3