Delivery times?

So,

Ordered Nov 2021. Was told March 2022, then June 2022 then they had no clue. 

Car went into production in March, was awaiting final assembly for months then. 

Lost all hope, and if I'm honest, interest too... Was going to cancel my order when a random Saturday in August I got the video that it was in the dealers ready to go, just needed to be registered. 

Took delivery at the end of August after a long (worthwhile) wait.

Phoenix Orange TDI vRS Saloon. Front and rear sensors and wireless charging were the only extras I requested. Didn't really care about the alcantara interior, certainly not for the price anyways!! It began to wear on my superb after a while anyways. 

I do miss my sunroof though and my electric seat :P  

• Like 4

As my user name hints at and as all others here..

Octavia SEL 1.4TSI iV Estate - ordered January 2022 and basically am clueless as to when it might get built or delivered.

Current contract hire already extended 6mths till early February 2023, that I guess we’ll be extending again come that date.

This was my status from the dealer as of Nov '22:

"I'm really sorry to say that we still haven't heard anything from Skoda on your order I'm afraid, it's been accepted by the factory, we just don't have a date as to when it will be going into build."

Car is: SKODA OCTAVIA EST 1.4TSI IV SE L DSG in Brilliant Silver

Seems the hybrids have the worst of it in terms of delays.

3 hours ago, whereismyorder said:

As my user name hints at and as all others here..

Octavia SEL 1.4TSI iV Estate - ordered January 2022 and basically am clueless as to when it might get built or delivered.

Current contract hire already extended 6mths till early February 2023, that I guess we’ll be extending again come that date.

I too ordered SEL PHEV estate early Feb 22. Similar info. Order recently accepted by factory. Dealer suggested he may have news of a build date end December. I had my old work horse a 1.8 Focus estate 53 plate MOTed and serviced beginning of this month to keep me mobile while I keep waiting. I have incurable cancer so it would be nice to get it while I can still drive and enjoy it. Incurable is not yet terminal. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, BRSEngineer said:

I too ordered SEL PHEV estate early Feb 22. Similar info. Order recently accepted by factory. Dealer suggested he may have news of a build date end December. I had my old work horse a 1.8 Focus estate 53 plate MOTed and serviced beginning of this month to keep me mobile while I keep waiting. I have incurable cancer so it would be nice to get it while I can still drive and enjoy it. Incurable is not yet terminal. 

For what its worth then, I hope your order arrives ahead of mine then..  Sorry to read your circumstance.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 1HoV said:

Car is: SKODA OCTAVIA EST 1.4TSI IV SE L DSG in Brilliant Silver

Seems the hybrids have the worst of it in terms of delays.

I also went for Brilliant Silver, I keep looking my configuration sheet from way back.. Dreaming of its delivery!!!

one day!.JPG

18 minutes ago, whereismyorder said:

I also went for Brilliant Silver, I keep looking my configuration sheet from way back.. Dreaming of its delivery!!!

one day!.JPG

I can't even recall what wheels would come on it, I ordered in August '21...

I didn't add any options so just Brilliant Silver SE L DSG Estate. Comes with enough already on it for us.

C30 just sailed through the MOT and it's a nice car so I'm not too fussed right now. I did have to buy the car after my extension on previous lease lapsed. It's no wonder used car prices have shot up.

2 hours ago, whereismyorder said:

For what its worth then, I hope your order arrives ahead of mine then..  Sorry to read your circumstance.

Likewise, I’ll happily give you my place in the queue if it means you get your car sooner👍🏻

4 hours ago, Dillers said:

Likewise, I’ll happily give you my place in the queue if it means you get your car sooner👍🏻

Thanks for your kind thoughts. We play the cards we are given. There are many far worse off than I.  I hope everyone waiting for their order gets it soon. I can however say with some certainty. I won’t be buying another Skoda. 

• Like 1

Well, finally some progress here. Dealer mailed that car is finally in production, expected in January. 

That's one week later compared to information I got from Skoda directly. 

I wonder though if January delivery is overly optimistic and instead it will stay on a parking lot waiting for components. With electric seats and Park Assist 3.0 it was pretty mean combination. On the other hand we're 12 month after initial delivery date and 16 month after the order date. 

I'll find out soon..

• Like 2
  • Groan 1

An update on my order for an Octavia vRS TSi 245 Manual Estate in Race Blue with Pano roof, towbar prep and spare wheel.

Car was ordered on 30th March 22, built in week 48 and is currently en route to the German docks. Dealer expects it early January which is 3 months ahead of schedule.

• Like 3
  • Groan 1

Hard to read when orders that were made like ~half year ago are shipped already when my order (ordered Sep 2021) has not even production date confirmed yet...

• Sad 2
  • Groan 1

1 hour ago, taspac said:

Hard to read when orders that were made like ~half year ago are shipped already when my order (ordered Sep 2021) has not even production date confirmed yet...

I feel your pain. It is a little frustrating. I am glad for those getting their cars, just p***ed mine has not arrived yet.

6 hours ago, Wadd3r5 said:

I feel your pain. It is a little frustrating. I am glad for those getting their cars, just p***ed mine has not arrived yet.

Same here.. At a guess its the iV engine models taking the longest? Hence those being withdrawn from the order options in October.

2 hours ago, whereismyorder said:

Same here.. At a guess its the iV engine models taking the longest? Hence those being withdrawn from the order options in October.

But are they ever going to arrive?  I’m hearing nothing for months on end.  I’m driving a car I would never have chosen, bought as a temporary measure while I waited what I thought would be a longish wait but not 14 months+.  A recent e-mail to customer services shed no light on progress.  All I want is a bit of hope and honesty about how things stand. 

3 hours ago, Stuart_S said:

But are they ever going to arrive?  I’m hearing nothing for months on end.  I’m driving a car I would never have chosen, bought as a temporary measure while I waited what I thought would be a longish wait but not 14 months+.  A recent e-mail to customer services shed no light on progress.  All I want is a bit of hope and honesty about how things stand. 

Ordered mine in March and now expected in January 23.

I'll believe it when I see it and I've got a a number plate transfer to do as well and new insurance.. 

Somewhat ironically the current cars "tax disc" is due on December 31st. 

Ordered 11 February 2022 and still nothing. Checked with dealer last week and it has status 4, confirmed by factory with given production date in may 2022, but that’s six months ago. Hopefully I will get the car, vRS iV, first half of 2023 😂🤣

My Octavia Vrs tdi estate ordered in Dec 21 is on the boat to the UK 😀 My colleague who ordered a Superb IV in Nov 21has been told that his is likely to be at least another 6 months due to them currently been unable to source batteries for the hybrids.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2022 at 11:02, sedanlue said:

Ordered 11 February 2022 and still nothing. Checked with dealer last week and it has status 4, confirmed by factory with given production date in may 2022, but that’s six months ago. Hopefully I will get the car, vRS iV, first half of 2023 😂🤣

That will be very great scenario,but i don't think it is possible, because its iV. I think in best case scenario you will get car by the end of the year, but most likely in the start of 24. I ordered in 2021 and still no information. :D

• Groan 1

Skoda sent me a letter of apology for the delay to my car and a power bank. As if beads and trinkets make up for waiting months beyond my delivery estimate. Just serviced and MOT my old car to keep it running. Well Mr Bowden try delivering on a first come first served basis so those waiting the longest get their vehicles first. 

95FAAD63-4C0E-4101-9786-043F8762CCF0.jpeg

Does anyone who ordered a hybrid have any good news recently?? Who was last on here to receive their factory order and when did they order it?

my dealer said everyone who had an order from ‘21 at his dealership has a build date, but didn’t mention how many of those were hybrids. From a previous conversation I’d had, he told me he only had 2 on order - my SEL estate and a vrs hatch