Delivery times?

4 hours ago, jonny boy said:

Yeah, I will, but my cut off is beginning of March for my current lease. I'm certainly not hiring a vehicle indefinitely, although I do appreciate that things may improve. 

There's still loads of other cars available out there in stock for lease with decent terms too 👍

realistically, there's not much chance of getting your car by beginning of march, at least not march 22  😂

the factory is all but closed now, officially it's  closed  until 10th january, but  with the covid situation across europe set to increase, you can probably say factory closed the whole of january.

that only leaves say 4 weeks till march, even if you where lucky enough to get a build week 1st week in febuary, cars unlikely to arrive at uk dealers 3 weeks after being built.

not what you want to hear i know, but if you need a new skoda factory ordered car for the  beginning of march, it aint gonna happen

we had 2 cars and i handed my volvo back to the lease company thinking service was due and 4 new tyres required and by doing this i would save myself a small fortune.then the unthinkable happened our other car engine blew.so we are left with no car at all.so going to have go for 3 month short lease  and hope my car comes on the 04/03/2022 not holding my breath 9 push backs up to now.so now it going to cost a small fortune.wish i never heard of skoda.

My dealer just contacted me that the additional note appeared on the unfinished order suggesting completion in week 51 (current one). With the factory closure, it's quite mind-boggling. Let's see how it goes. 

• Like 1

I ordered back at the start of October with a provisional delivery date of March '22. Had an email from my dealership last week that delivery is now expected September '22 so 11 months from order to expected delivery.

That's for a VRS IV with wireless charging, park assist and winter pack 2.

• Like 1

I spoke to our dealer earlier to ask a couple of things about accessories and fitting a plate. No build date showing yet for our order, although wasn't really expecting one to be fair. 

Ordered 28th October / Guestimation of April. VRS TSI DSG / Race Blue / Travel Assist, Blind Spot monitoring, Front Winter pack, Rear camera and Rear wiper. 

I understand the delays to new car production and challenges facing the sector - what I find really strange is the lack of any narrative or analysis by the motoring journals - AutoExpress and WhatCar.

You'd never know there was a major manufacturing problem reading these publications.  Just proves they are more about printing glossy adverts for the manufacturers and drumming up future trade.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

You'd never know there was a major manufacturing problem reading these publications.  Just proves they are more about printing glossy adverts for the manufacturers and drumming up future trade.

Their whole business depends on manufacturers giving them review samples and inviting them to events, why would any major publication risk their financial security that way? It's not like customers can't find this out, everyone knows. And those who act surprised after ordering were either willingly oblivious or just dumb. When I went in to order in April it was already obvious there would be delays, my dealer said 6 months, but without guarantee.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zetzet said:

Their whole business depends on manufacturers giving them review samples and inviting them to events, why would any major publication risk their financial security that way? It's not like customers can't find this out, everyone knows. And those who act surprised after ordering were either willingly oblivious or just dumb. When I went in to order in April it was already obvious there would be delays, my dealer said 6 months, but without guarantee.

it looks like you where told the same as a lot of people who are looking at 10-12 month delivery and by you saying people are dumb is wrong most people knew there was delays in getting there cars.they did not expect up to 12 month delay.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DManPoole said:

I ordered a Kamiq on 15 August with lots of options, I am picking it up from the Dealer on Wednesday. How come its so long for an Octavia ?

the octavia is a fairly new model and there is normally long waiting times when a new model comes out, and on top of all of that,  we have covid  😂

in saying that, the superb has long waiting times and it's not a new model, 

so it's all a bit off a lottery

Edited by 310golfr

1 hour ago, DManPoole said:

I ordered a Kamiq on 15 August with lots of options, I am picking it up from the Dealer on Wednesday. How come its so long for an Octavia ?

I have a Scala ordered end of june 2021 and have till date no good news. Estimate is march/april 2022.. and dealer promissed it was not going to be as the octavia, karoq... delay situation... but yet here we are..

Yesterday I send email to my dealer since it was one month from last email to remind him that I still exist and while he did not have any new news he did call importer and got following news (all cars are Octavia RS):

• 2 customers are waiting for cars that were ordered in December 2020 
  • 1 customer is waiting for car that was ordered in January 2021
  • 2 customers and me that ordered in February 2021

This is for Slovenia only. So it could be worse than it is :D

• Like 3

I ordered Kamiq on July this year, the basic version (Active) 95HP manual gearbox, with only added rear parking sensors. Two months ago, a salesman called me that I could get a car sooner if I gave up electric rear windows. I signed that paper and nothing new since then. The initial waiting time was 3 - 6 months, so let's wait for another month and then we'll see... And yes, I'm from Slovenia too. 🙄

2 hours ago, zx14 said:

Two months ago, a salesman called me that I could get a car sooner if I gave up electric rear windows. 

My dealer asked me to leave out Canton's from Octavia to get it sooner. He had no idea how much sooner so i didn't see the point :)

2 hours ago, zx14 said:

I ordered Kamiq on July this year, the basic version (Active) 95HP manual gearbox, with only added rear parking sensors. Two months ago, a salesman called me that I could get a car sooner if I gave up electric rear windows. I signed that paper and nothing new since then. The initial waiting time was 3 - 6 months, so let's wait for another month and then we'll see... And yes, I'm from Slovenia too. 🙄

It's a Skoda plot to reduce the number of components needed for their cars. I've read on several forums in different countries the same campaigns... So far, no one that has reported the agreed reduction hasn't received their vehicle. In the end, it's only you that gets screwed. 

My dealer doesn't have the balls to suggest something like that :)

• Like 2

Personally, I think it's related to the changes they made in the option-list for each trim level. When I ordered mine, which is a Style trim, the rear-view camera was on the option list, and I had it added as part of the Clever-Pack. This is no longer available as an option for Style, at least on the local Skoda car Configurator or at the dealer.
Now obviously, keeping the option will directly impact the course of the car down the production line newly reconfigured for 2022 models. For instance they will have to produce a Style with the electrical wiring of a higher model. Sure, that's not hard to do, but they prefer to keep things simple for cost reductions (profit maximization).