Delivery times?

in my opinion dont believe any of the waffle you hear off the dealers,they dont  give a toss about you.it is all down about there sale targets and bonus.they know for a fact there is no way you are going to get your car ,on the date they tell you,imo just grin and bear it.in any case case good luck and i do wish you  get your car soon.

• Like 1

Hello team. I have been reading this forum for a long time. And I see that we are all stuck in the same pot.
My Octavia was ordered on 07/21 and my dealer has absolutely no information about the car.
When buying a car delivery was supposed to be 06/22.
1.5 tsi manual transmission, style equipment with some accessories
My salesman told me in my eyes not to expect a car before 01/23

I apologize for the mistake in writing the google translator

• Sad 2

On 25/06/2022 at 14:55, SkOmk4 said:

just added mine. Am late to the party! Due a dealer update next week. They sent me an update on the last day of May so expect I will get one last day of June

Here in NZ, it seems that there is a Stop Order notice for all Octavias.

Unsure if this extends to other markets in the region as we must be a rounding error in the overall scheme of things to VAG/Skoda.

Wonder how they are going to appease the local constabulary as Skoda won the tender for the fleet.

On 25/06/2022 at 09:07, MaximusMeridius said:

Not me mate. I have a July 21 order. There is one from Belgium who ordered in Feb 21. Poor guy, if he is still waiting. I hope he got it and just forgot to write in delivery time. 😞

No it's not a mistake I'm still waiting for my octavia....
my colleagues who ordered the combi received it in 11 months.
I ordered the hatchback with a lot of options and it still hasn't arrived...
To put it in context:
Car ordered in February 2021 with an estimated delivery date of December 2021 (which is already long) 
since then, the dealer has no information and the leasing company only reports the date (January / April / October)
I have to call the garage to see if they still have no information but I think I already know the answer ;)

In the meantime I'm not without anything my temporary car at work is an octavia combi so I won't complain too much

• Sad 3

38 minutes ago, warkjo said:

No it's not a mistake I'm still waiting for my octavia....
my colleagues who ordered the combi received it in 11 months.
I ordered the hatchback with a lot of options and it still hasn't arrived...
To put it in context:
Car ordered in February 2021 with an estimated delivery date of December 2021 (which is already long) 
since then, the dealer has no information and the leasing company only reports the date (January / April / October)
I have to call the garage to see if they still have no information but I think I already know the answer ;)

In the meantime I'm not without anything my temporary car at work is an octavia combi so I won't complain too much

i feel for you it is a pity non of the car mags not putting this out in there mags but they all in the pockets of the car makers.so keep stum about this major problem skoda have.i have waited a while myself now order 21/05/2021 but you must be the longest anyone has waited for there car.good luck and hope you get your car soon.

9 hours ago, CKO said:

Here in NZ, it seems that there is a Stop Order notice for all Octavias.

Unsure if this extends to other markets in the region as we must be a rounding error in the overall scheme of things to VAG/Skoda.

Wonder how they are going to appease the local constabulary as Skoda won the tender for the fleet.

Don't you worry about tenders. They all get delivered to the date. Here in Slovenia and Croatia many police cars were delivered  (probably there is a delivery date in the contract), while we peasents wait for crumbs like we are getting the car for free. :)

• Like 3

Called my dealer today, he told me, that he doesn't have any news, however judging from his perspective i shouldn't have any hopes to get car this year, because in the system production date changes every other week, and as he told me,till there no VIN number the production date actually doesn't mean anything. So car ordered in august 21, so 11 months of wait, and still no information, way to go Skoda.  

From reading the stories here I can't complain. I'm a Jan '22 ordered so I'm expecting Q1/Q2 next year.

However, I had the choice of ordering a Cupra Leon from the same dealer at the same time and the interior of the Octavia is what I preferred. I'm debating with myself if I would have had the Cupra now if I ordered it back then

21 minutes ago, Hairy_Joe said:

From reading the stories here I can't complain. I'm a Jan '22 ordered so I'm expecting Q1/Q2 next year.

However, I had the choice of ordering a Cupra Leon from the same dealer at the same time and the interior of the Octavia is what I preferred. I'm debating with myself if I would have had the Cupra now if I ordered it back then

No need to debate. Yes, you would be driving it 2 months already if you wouldn't order a hybrid. Just take look here: https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

Edited by MaximusMeridius

16 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

No need to debate. Yes, you would be driving it 2 months already if you wouldn't order a hybrid. Just take look here: https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html

One more thing I figured out today is, that I am very sorry I didn't order a car also from competition and later just cancel one order, depending which order comes first (probably the Skoda order would be canceled). Apparently this is what people are doing, as I talked to a friend today. Maybe I will still do this, cause currently it looks like Skoda delivers the car in a year and a half, while others have less than 6 months waiting times. :) I guess they support this kind of behaviour with line skipping and no info. This is chaos. :D

2 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

One more thing I figured out today is, that I am very sorry I didn't order a car also from competition and later just cancel one order, depending which order comes first (probably the Skoda order would be canceled). Apperantly this is what people are doing, as I talked to a friend today. Maybe I will still do this, cause currently it looks like Skoda delivers the car in a year and a half, while others have less than 6 months waiting times. :) I guess they support this kind of behaviour with line skipping and no info. This is chaos. :D

I'm also thinking about that, because Skoda managment is just disgusting. Almost year of wait and still no information, i talked with KIA yeasterday they told me, if i order in July, the car should be delivered in the beggining of 2023. However, i don't know is it true, because Skoda told me that wait will be about 6 to 8 months in worst case scenario :D  

• Like 1

I've been sucked into both Skoda and Kia 2-3 months lead times, waiting over 10 months for the Kodiaq (before I cancelled) and 7 months (plus an additional 3 months following a model refresh) for the e-Niro/Niro EV.  Expect long wait times regardless which manufacturer you go with or what the dealer says.  

I've seen on forums of people putting multiples of orders with the guarantee they can get their deposit back if they cancel, taking the first vehicle that arrives.  This only works if you don't have a preference.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LSport said:

I've been sucked into both Skoda and Kia 2-3 months lead times, waiting over 10 months for the Kodiaq (before I cancelled) and 7 months (plus an additional 3 months following a model refresh) for the e-Niro/Niro EV.  Expect long wait times regardless which manufacturer you go with or what the dealer says.  

I've seen on forums of people putting multiples of orders with the guarantee they can get their deposit back if they cancel, taking the first vehicle that arrives.  This only works if you don't have a preference.

First of all, it is unfair to compare waiting times of EVs to non-EVs. Even if we ignore this difference, you got the KIA in 10 months because of the model refresh (somewhat understandable) and you didn't see the Kodiaq at all in this time and probably got no info. :D

I somewhat agree about the preference, but still, waiting year and a half for a car is just unreasonable to put it mildly. I know if they told me last year in July that the wait time is one year (which would still be a lie, cause apparently it is much longer), I wouldn't order at all and would go to competition in a heartbeat. So with their lies/incompetence, they took the option of preference from the customer, cause I bet many people prefer not to wait 2 years for a car. Wait time is a big part of the preference and seeing people receive cars, who ordered after you, does not help at all. ;)

• Like 1

I was passing my local Hyundai dealer in the local town. They have at least 40 new vehicles in the forecourt waiting to go.  The problem was that they were all SUV which I have zero interest in.

Contrast that to the local Skoda/Seat/Cupra which had very little that I could see.

Thanks and yeah that's fair. Can't even remember now if that's what the dealer told me, or something I made up to make myself feel better 😀 Don't suppose any of you know if dealers update the software prior to giving you the motor or I need to hound them for it?

34 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

well i am like a dog with 2 d(%sjust been told the car is complete and is in transit and will have it within 4  weeks at the latest.mind you i will believe it when i get the keys for it in my hand.so i hope all of us get good news like me.model ordered was octavia  vrs 4x4 estate,black diesel 2.00 ,200 bhp.may 21 2021.looking just over 14 months i have waited.i think i will pop dow to the local to have a couple of pints or more.

Omg, I do hope this is true, finally 😉😊

Ahaha this sh!t is unbeliveable xD

14 and a half months and still waiting for a fu*king car.

Car that is parked for months god knows where, waiting for part/s.

Part that is already installed in 50000+ other cars and not in mine. And 99% of them ordered after me :D

Absolute madness 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Senaid said:

Ahaha this sh!t is unbeliveable xD

14 and a half months and still waiting for a fu*king car.

Car that is parked for months god knows where, waiting for part/s.

Part that is already installed in 50000+ other cars and not in mine. And 99% of them ordered after me :D

Absolute madness 🤦‍♂️

i feel for you i went through this and was angry about everything.now you having been through this for around 2 months longer and are still waiting for your car is beyond me.as you say many thousands of people have got there cars and waited far shorter time than you.it show you what a complete shambles skoda is in how can any one get a car sooner than people who have orders in months and months is beyond me.just hope you get your car soon and have no problems with it.

• Like 2

Still waiting for my car!

It will have been 12 months of waiting, in a week or so. My car was 99.99% built in February and sitting in a yard somewhere! I have a VRM, just don't have a car!!! 🤔😐

Apparently a similar car ordered just before my car is on its way to the UK. I hope I can take that as a good sign!!!

13 months of waiting for my VRS TSI Estate

Looks like delivery maybe getting closer now

Anyone had price increase as list price for mine has gone up 1.5k approx in that time

Heard nothing from my dealer to say there is any purchase price difference 

Mine I believe is fixed ?