Delivery times?

Anyone have any experience with company car leasing company ALD in the UK? It’s who mine is ordered with and I was wondering if they are forthcoming with any information if I rang them? Mine has been on order since September 22 and the information on my order has been showing a deliver date of 29th December 23 since shortly after I ordered it. This is the last working day of the year so I very much doubt it will arrive then. Just wondered if they have information like build date etc they would give it to me? 

14 hours ago, BRSEngineer said:

My car has been built. Octavia SEL PHEV  some extras ordered Feb 22. Original delivery estimate Aug 22. I wrote and started complaining to Skoda uk and corporate Dec 22. I suspect this may have helped bring my delivery date forward from Aug 23.  Even then the build drifted from week 11 back to week 16. Case of squeaky wheel gets the oil. I should get it in a month they say. I hope all those others waiting get their cars soon.   

Who is your contact at Skoda UK?

I have contacted them several time but have gotten nowhere.

Drop me a PM if you don't want to post it on the forum.

14 hours ago, undercoversaint said:

Anyone have any experience with company car leasing company ALD in the UK? It’s who mine is ordered with and I was wondering if they are forthcoming with any information if I rang them? Mine has been on order since September 22 and the information on my order has been showing a deliver date of 29th December 23 since shortly after I ordered it. This is the last working day of the year so I very much doubt it will arrive then. Just wondered if they have information like build date etc they would give it to me? 

The problem with choosing to go to a leasing company is they have no direct link to Skoda, they still get supplied by a dealer.   So you are even more detached.   You can ask them, if they can be bothered they will ask the dealer, who may or may not spend some time checking etc.   But even if do get an answer you don't really know if it was looked into thoroughly or someone just guessed to close the query.

You haven't indicated your engine, spec and any options, some cars seem to be coming through 6-9 months, but others especially PHEVs nearer 18-24 months.   

Even those being built are getting stuck, some are missing few parts so being stored until missing bits can be added.  Also seems to be a lack of ships from Emden, Germany.  And recently have been rail strikes in Germany too, so might not even have completed rail journey to the port.

In many ways the current system is lot worse than 20-30 years ago when you walked into your local Skoda dealer, chose a car in showroom or compound, and were driving it 2 days latter.  Might have more choice now, but gained a huge lottery of when might get it.  I preferred 2 days to sometime in next 2 years.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, toot said:

Vessel finder is showing 3 vehicles carriers arriving today (Sunday 23rd April) at Emden: Heritage Leader, Lake Taupo, Malacca Highway, then no more vehicles ships until San Martin in May.  

It is very odd that 3 ships are arriving together.  Although cars will have been sorted on dockside by destination and formed in lines, will not be able to load them all together.  It usually works that teams drive about 15 cars with minibus following them, all drivers jump in minibus go back for more.  No idea how many teams there are at Emden. From memory loading is typically around 600-800 cars every hour (might be mixing up with somewhere else)

Heritage leader can take 38,000tons of cargo, so probably something like 20,000 cars, other two are smaller.

Don't know where each is heading as I do not subscribe, but when they depart will be able to check their destinations

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 2

How many VW Group are importing is all that matters really and are the Skoda members are waiting on among them.

Are there as many EV's and electrified cars as VW need for the UK Fleet average arriving from their factories or the partners in China to allow them to first register higher Co2 emission vehicles.

So as much as VW Group bring in cars from Europe, they need the cars arriving from the Far East that allows the Kidology that they have the low emissions with the UK Fleet.

9 hours ago, P100HP said:

Who is your contact at Skoda UK?

I have contacted them several time but have gotten nowhere.

Drop me a PM if you don't want to post it on the forum.

I wrote to Matthew Bowden (Director of ŠKODA UK) recorded delivery letter.

Please note I highlighted in my letter that I have incurable cancer and may have a limited time to drive and enjoy my new car.  This may have had more impact than a standard complaint.

I was redirected to

Lesley Hardwick
Customer Relations Manager - Executive Office

ŠKODA UK | PO Box 9004 | Leeds | LS1 9WA
Tel: 0333 0037504 
*****@*****.tld | www.skoda.co.uk | www.skoda-auto.com

I was then redirected again to another employee who I won't name here.

I suggest all those waiting for cars or information write to Matthew Bowden at the address or e-mail him at the customer services e-mail. Ask him to personally respond and take charge of your case. Be clear on what you want from them and tell them what you want. Be realistic. A traditional hard copy letter may 

have more impact than an e-mail.

BRSEngineer.

the emal address was blanked out by the system but is 

customerservices at skoda.co.uk

change the at with an @

im happy to share this as it is not a personal e-mail.

BRSEngineer

@BRSEngineerDid contacting him expedite delivery of your car, or just get you more info regarding delivery? 

At least Lesley Hardwick has been with VW UK Executive Team for over 12 years unlike many of them.

She can not be unaware of issues, she has knocked back Warranty claims often enough.

Has Kate Laws been moved on as a Resolution Manager? 

Screenshot 2023-04-23 09.37.40.png

Screenshot 2023-04-23 09.49.38.png

Edited by toot

1 hour ago, toot said:

@BRSEngineerDid contacting him expedite delivery of your car, or just get you more info regarding delivery? 

At least Lesley Hardwick has been with VW UK Executive Team for over 12 years unlike many of them.

She can not be unaware of issues, she has knocked back Warranty claims often enough.

Has Kate Laws been moved on as a Resolution Manager? 

Screenshot 2023-04-23 09.37.40.png

Screenshot 2023-04-23 09.49.38.png

I will never know if this moved my car forward or not. However, I went from no known delivery date at time I started complaining Dec 22 to week 38 with the promise they would try to move it forward. I then went to week 12 then 11, then 14,15,16,17 and back to 16 when the car was built. I think had I not complained and kept on at them I would at best be week 37, 38 like the others who ordered PHEV at the same time as me. I also have refused a number of times to have my complaint closed or remove the need for them to keep me up dated. Dealer has sent me a screen shot showing I’m code 38. Next comms with Skoda uk penned in for 26th March. The spreadsheet is a great and valuable asset in my opinion. Don’t forget you can order it as you wish. Order date. Engine type. Etc. to see who ordered similar to you in a similar time frame. 

Edited by BRSEngineer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/04/2023 at 13:21, NGD said:

I ordered my Octavia 1.5 SEL Etec DSG on 6th September 2022 and picked it up on Monday, they quoted 37 weeks+ but it came in 29 weeks.

Ordered the same in Nov 21...still no status.

On 23/04/2023 at 08:36, SurreyJohn said:

The problem with choosing to go to a leasing company is they have no direct link to Skoda, they still get supplied by a dealer.   So you are even more detached.   You can ask them, if they can be bothered they will ask the dealer, who may or may not spend some time checking etc.   But even if do get an answer you don't really know if it was looked into thoroughly or someone just guessed to close the query.

You haven't indicated your engine, spec and any options, some cars seem to be coming through 6-9 months, but others especially PHEVs nearer 18-24 months.   

Even those being built are getting stuck, some are missing few parts so being stored until missing bits can be added.  Also seems to be a lack of ships from Emden, Germany.  And recently have been rail strikes in Germany too, so might not even have completed rail journey to the port.

In many ways the current system is lot worse than 20-30 years ago when you walked into your local Skoda dealer, chose a car in showroom or compound, and were driving it 2 days latter.  Might have more choice now, but gained a huge lottery of when might get it.  I preferred 2 days to sometime in next 2 years.

Thanks for your reply. What you have said I suspected anyway, I think Im just too far removed from the process and will just have to rely on waiting for the update page to change. Im aware of all the issues as a result of browsing this forum but I was hoping to see if I could find out if someone in the chain was given a build date at least. It seems all the information that gets passed to me is the supposed delivery date. Ive ordered a standard VRS IV in Silver

Well, it seems things are finally moving. I have a build week of 17 (mid-May?) with expected UK delivery in July. The reality remains to be seen...

When my car finally arrived I received a letter from Skoda apologising  for the delay and a £100 One Code Token which you can use at places like Amazon, Argos and John Lewis. Something to look forward to then.

No further update from me, still not got a confirmed build date. (Octavia vRS iV Estate, no options, ordered in November 2021)

As a guide though, I spoke with a dealer who had managed to 'secure stock' two vRS iV's. They are showing a build week of 'Week 45'.

I would therefore confidently say that anyone without a build date for a vRS iV will not be seeing their car before December this year.

1 hour ago, P100HP said:

No further update from me, still not got a confirmed build date. (Octavia vRS iV Estate, no options, ordered in November 2021)

As a guide though, I spoke with a dealer who had managed to 'secure stock' two vRS iV's. They are showing a build week of 'Week 45'.

I would therefore confidently say that anyone without a build date for a vRS iV will not be seeing their car before December this year.

My Octavia iv SEL ordered Feb 22 built and at Emdon port week 16 after much complaining 

2 minutes ago, BRSEngineer said:

My Octavia iv SEL ordered Feb 22 built and at Emdon port week 16 after much complaining 

😞

I can't get any information from the dealer -Skoda Uk or Skoda CZ and I ordered my Octavia VRS IV Sept 21..... getting somewhat frustrated 

22 hours ago, Tubby82 said:

Well, it seems things are finally moving. I have a build week of 17 (mid-May?) with expected UK delivery in July. The reality remains to be seen...

Out of interest when did you put your order in? 

14 hours ago, BRSEngineer said:

When did you hear this?

I ordered my iV SEL in Oct 21 - still have no confirmed build date, with current delivery estimate to dealership 25th Dec 2023

4 hours ago, Simon667 said:

When did you hear this?

I ordered my iV SEL in Oct 21 - still have no confirmed build date, with current delivery estimate to dealership 25th Dec 2023

I heard this from my Dealer who sent me a screen shot of the car information. I should get the car in May.

Of the 3 car carrier ships at Emden few days ago, one has gone to Jacksonville (USA), other 2 called at Southampton, one then gone to Panama, other one of which Mallaca Highway now heading to Dublin,  So none bringing VW group cars to UK

There are now more vehicles carriers at or approaching Emden

Elbe Highway, Weser Highway, San Martin, Siemens Confusius