Delivery times?

On 1/6/2021 at 21:57, SiWaiting said:

Menos códigos aquí en Suecia pero que significan casi lo mismo (no obtuve todos, solo los últimos cuatro):

6 - con orden de producción

7 - vin

8 - en tránsito desde la fábrica / en tránsito al distribuidor

9 - en el distribuidor

He estado estancado en 6 desde la segunda semana de mayo y todavía lo estoy. El concesionario afirma que Skoda HQ Suecia dice que el automóvil ha sido construido pero que aún faltan partes (me sorprende cómo se puede construir cuando faltan partes :preguntarse:). Me he puesto en contacto con Skoda HQ Suecia varias veces para pedir más información y dicen que se pondrán en contacto conmigo, pero nunca lo hacen. El mal servicio al cliente y la mala comunicación parecen ser un factor común independientemente del país cuando se trata de Skoda (en momentos en los que se requiere un poco de esfuerzo por su parte). Sin embargo, el distribuidor me ha apoyado.

Another that is in production waiting somewhere, in production has been like this for three weeks

20 hours ago, zetzet said:

No, that can't be it. Can't see my car on the lorry in the picture :tongueout:

But seriously, very interesting article, great info, thanks! :D I've been searching the web for reasons for the delay and found nothing that's directly related to Skoda (the semiconductor shortage has been known for months however during the same period people (except me) have been getting delivery of their ordered Skoda cars and I have found no info from Skoda on how they are being affected by the semiconductor shortage. Until now!)

Guess both mine and @blasje32 cars are stuck on that airport waiting to be completed when chips finally arrive.

I found two other articles on the same site with additional information:

https://www.newsy-today.com/skoda-moves-almost-finished-cars-to-hradec-kralove-airport-they-lack-chips-ct24-czech-television/

https://www.newsy-today.com/there-is-a-giant-parking-lot-from-the-airport-in-hradec-unfinished-skoda-will-be-here-for-months/

(Skoda HQ Sweden still thinks the correct strategy in this situation is to completely stop communicating with both customers and dealers. They seem to be completely clueless and have certainly not understood that any news, whether good or bad, is better than no news. They have failed to understand that customers need to be able to make alternative plans and news, good or bad, enables that :@)

• Thanks 1

From what I read on the romanian Skoda forum 3 months is the average waiting time from order to delivery , so I was just there. I even managed to get my favorite color (Titan Blue) a few days before it was removed from the configurator.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Senaid said:

Has anyone ordered a car in april?:biggrin:

What was the waiting period? :thinking:

I ordered RS combi in the first days of May and my manufacturing date is set to the last week of September according to the dealer. But I'm from Lithuania so a different region, might be different times.

1 hour ago, Senaid said:

Has anyone ordered a car in april?:biggrin:

What was the waiting period? :thinking:

Ordered mid April. 

Manufactur week 24(now) 

Order is in Bulgaria.

We have active, ambition, style, edition,rs and scout as options

I ordered the edition with a few extras 1.5 dsg mhev.

Ordered a Octavia RS IV mid May, was told production would be week 28 (would have been week 25 if without panoramic roof)

Update from dealer last week was production in week 26/27

LoL xD

How is it possible that waiting periods are so different?

I was told that waiting period for any Škoda Octavia(doesnt matter which one i choose and what extras) is around 6 months(4months if i am lucky) ?!?

And i contacted all the freaking dealers in my country, all said the same :D

Now out of 3 people:

• 2 are getting it in 2 months or less
  • 1 in 5 months :rofl:

1 minute ago, Senaid said:

LoL xD

How is it possible that waiting periods are so different?

I was told that waiting period for any Škoda Octavia(doesnt matter which one i choose and what extras) is around 6 months(4months if i am lucky) ?!?

And i contacted all the freaking dealers in my country, all said the same :D

Now out of 3 people:

• 2 are getting it in 2 months or less
  • 1 in 5 months :rofl:

I think the theory was that certain countries/dealerships have set amounts of cars they can order and if they go over the waiting time increases.

The 6 month period is per contract. If they fail to deliver in that time you get your money back or have some sum deducted from the price.

Usually depending on extras seems like 3 to 5m is the time from order to delivery. Some more uncommon extras take longer(heater for example)

8 minutes ago, peshetoman said:

The 6 month period is per contract. If they fail to deliver in that time you get your money back or have some sum deducted from the price.

Usually depending on extras seems like 3 to 5m is the time from order to delivery. Some more uncommon extras take longer(heater for example)

My parents ordered a Tiguan and they had a 4 month delivery in the contract, dealer said to expect 3. So it looks like a Škoda/Octavia thing.

1 minute ago, zetzet said:

My parents ordered a Tiguan and they had a 4 month delivery in the contract, dealer said to expect 3. So it looks like a Škoda/Octavia thing.

in mine its 120 business days. Seems like its Octavia related due to he volumes they have. The dealer told me the current buzz word... chip shortage :D

21 hours ago, peshetoman said:

Yes 6 months is the period of the contract we signed, but they also said that i will need to wait around 4-6 months to get the car :$

And if the chip shortage was the only problem, then nobody could get the car in less than 2 months... while others are waiting 5-6 months or even more like @skodafan99 said :o

Whatever the reason is ,it is madness to waith 6 months for the car :thumbdown:

1 hour ago, Senaid said:

Yes 6 months is the period of the contract we signed, but they also said that i will need to wait around 4-6 months to get the car :$

And if the chip shortage was the only problem, then nobody could get the car in less than 2 months... while others are waiting 5-6 months or even more like @skodafan99 said :o

Whatever the reason is ,it is madness to waith 6 months for the car :thumbdown:

It's not actually madness it's the world we live in. Only Kia/Hyundai/Toyota were prepared for something like this, everyone else is struggling.

1 hour ago, zetzet said:

Only Kia/Hyundai/Toyota were prepared for something like this

Not as prepared as I'd hoped.

After waiting patiently for 6 months and still not having a delivery date, I cancelled my Kia Sorento and bought an Octavia the following day.

16 minutes ago, DropBear said:

Not as prepared as I'd hoped.

After waiting patiently for 6 months and still not having a delivery date, I cancelled my Kia Sorento and bought an Octavia the following day.

There we go, they might have issues with some models too.

1 hour ago, zetzet said:

It's not actually madness it's the world we live in. Only Kia/Hyundai/Toyota were prepared for something like this, everyone else is struggling.

What am i trying to say is that i understand the "chip shortage" thing... but i don`t like the fact that someone is getting the same car in 2 months and i must wait 3x more time (and our countries are pretty close) :thinking:

Anyway Octavia looks and feels great... and i am prepared to wait a bit longer :D

@DropBeari was also looking at Kia and other brands... and after a while i had to choose between Octavia and Mazda 3 (both sedans) :rofl:

But since Mazda has only petrol engines i decided that Octavia is worth the wait :D 

1 hour ago, Senaid said:

But since Mazda has only petrol engines i decided that Octavia is worth the wait

I have the 2L turbo petrol and couldn't be happier with it.

Last trip I averaged 5.8l/100km and travelled 760km on a tank.

Although due to the car having a PPF and Australia's comparatively dirty petrol, I'm forced to put premium unleaded ( 95RON ) in the tank.

• Like 1

Nice. Not a bad wait time in the grand scheme of things.

what colour is it? And did you spec many options since it didn’t take long to build