Delivery times?

1 hour ago, Joss1733 said:

as you know i waited 14 months and 6 days,so your must be just around the corner for delivery.good luck hope you get it very soon.

I was 15 months and delivery was 8 August 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

Omg, 324 pages on the Croatian forum 😳 I guess it’s everything Octy mk4 related, not only delivery times.

That is true and they argue about every little thing. :) Just check the last 20 pages or something. German one is much better. Also start there at page 650 or higher. :D

Edited by MaximusMeridius

26 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

Damn Škoda, this is not the way to treat customers… No offense to the lucky ones, it’s clearly not your fault…

Look at their response to my complaining on reddit. At least is not the "same old same old" template of excuses. So that is something. Too bad I see everything I ordered in many other orders. :D

image.thumb.png.6cd4e7d5381b1be068a5a93b9b8bc8eb.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

I've got a nice update:
- this morning I checked the Skoda App (as I've been doing every morning in my coffee time) and the car miraculously showed up!
- some 30 minutes later the dealer writes to me saying the car is ready for shipment and is waiting for the next transport from the factory - whenever that might be...

So to summarize:

- car ordered @ Aug.23rd 2021

- VIN received @ July 13th 2022

- VIN accepted by SkodaApp @ Aug.23rd 2022
- car shows up in SkodaApp @ Aug.31st 2022 (the same day the dealer notified the car is completed)

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-31 at 09.26.53.jpeg

Ok, I gave in, checked the app, encouraged by your post - still nothing 😭

Ordered 05/08 btw. No matrix lights, no fancy stuff really, no rear view camera, no Canton for crying out loud… Does memorizing VIN by heart give some extra credit? 
sorry, rant days aren’t over yet, I have a feeling it’s only escalating.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

still nothing

damn! sorry about that!

9 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

Does memorizing VIN by heart give some extra credit?

no idea, I had it on my Clipboard... 🙃

10 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

No matrix lights, no fancy stuff really, no rear view camera

Oh, don't remind me about that; I posted here recently that a car ordered later than mine with all the extra's on top was delivered last month (same engine and DSG as mine). They are messing up things&orders big time at Skoda HQ, as @MaximusMeridius was writing to them on reddit.

About the camera: today when they notified me the car is completed, I asked for a quotation to have the rear-view cam installed by them (during the delivery preparation if I'm in luck). I remember they deduced about 200E from the total price when I gave up this option; now I'm anticipating they'll ask for 500E to install it 😡. That's in case they don't have to wait 6 months for a rear camera to be delivered...

I'll let you know when they send me the offer.

• Like 2

Sorry if this is a silly question everyone but regarding the VIN number, is this only given once the car has a build date / they’ve started building it? 

I ask as my order was placed via the lease company my employer uses and they’ve been absolutely useless at keeping me up to date. They have a portal I should be able to check but it hardly ever works and when I e mail them their answers are so vague. 

Would be good to be able to get logged onto the Skoda app, even if only to torture myself a bit more…

19 minutes ago, Dillers said:

Sorry if this is a silly question everyone but regarding the VIN number, is this only given once the car has a build date / they’ve started building it? 

I ask as my order was placed via the lease company my employer uses and they’ve been absolutely useless at keeping me up to date. They have a portal I should be able to check but it hardly ever works and when I e mail them their answers are so vague. 

Would be good to be able to get logged onto the Skoda app, even if only to torture myself a bit more…

Afaik VIN is received when the car is in the last stage of production before transport. But this doesn’t necessarily mean that the car is complete, it might as well be parked and awaiting parts. I got mine since April, but the app still doesn’t accept it.

1 hour ago, Ajdolin said:

Afaik VIN is received when the car is in the last stage of production before transport. But this doesn’t necessarily mean that the car is complete, it might as well be parked and awaiting parts. I got mine since April, but the app still doesn’t accept it.

Looks like I’ll have to be patient then, the last update I had was that the build date of September had disappeared from the system suddenly. 

Ah well, hopefully it’ll be a nice start to 2023 then🤞🏼

7 minutes ago, Dillers said:

Looks like I’ll have to be patient then, the last update I had was that the build date of September had disappeared from the system suddenly. 

Ah well, hopefully it’ll be a nice start to 2023 then🤞🏼

You will be lucky if it will be at the start of 2023 and one year later there will be a facelift. :)

• Haha 1

Guys one quick question. I know this is not the main subject here, but do you know if it is less comfortable with 18" rims in comparison to 17" on an ordinary (non RS) Octavia? Thinking of changing the rims in my order, because it looks like I still have alot of time till production? See, now it is on subject, just barely. :)

10 hours ago, Stillwaitingforoctavia said:

Are we thinking it’s unlikely to have these or get delayed again?

IMO it's pure lottery...
My order included all the heated options (windscreen, steeringwheel, front seats, without webasto), plus the Matrix-LED and it's finally built after 53 weeks since the order. But I know cars with more options being built and delivered faster than mine, so nobody knows what are the criteria. 

12 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

18" rims in comparison to 17" on an ordinary (non RS) Octavia?

Not sure how it compares on Octavia, but I had this combination on my Megane GT; the summer 18" set was significantly less comfy than the winter 17" set (it was 225/40 R18 against 225/45 R17). I think the simple fact that I used a slightly higher pressure in the 18" (to protect the rims) made it feel a bit stiffer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Guys one quick question. I know this is not the main subject here, but do you know if it is less comfortable with 18" rims in comparison to 17" on an ordinary (non RS) Octavia? Thinking of changing the rims in my order, because it looks like I still have alot of time till production? See, now it is on subject, just barely. :)

Don’t know anything about the quality of road surfaces in Slovenia, but if they are as bad as some UK roads with ruts, cracks, badly filled holes then smaller rims will improve comfort.  And rims less likely to get damaged or kerbed. However it also depends on the tyres, the Eco summer tyres from the factory are fairly hard, (and very hard as weather cools in Autumn) can certainly change them to softer comfort tyres.

With smaller rims ride will be softer, and for most people they are not worried about  losing a fraction of a second on lap time.

4 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Don’t know anything about the quality of road surfaces in Slovenia, but if they are as bad as some UK roads with ruts, cracks, badly filled holes then smaller rims will improve comfort.  And rims less likely to get damaged or kerbed. However it also depends on the tyres, the Eco summer tyres from the factory are fairly hard, (and very hard as weather cools in Autumn) can certainly change them to softer comfort tyres.

With smaller rims ride will be softer, and for most people they are not worried about  losing a fraction of a second on lap time.

Roads are not that great in Slovenia either. :) I was thinking about 18" rims, because those models look better, but I don't want to make the car less comfortable if there is no other upside except looks. 😕