Delivery times?

2 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

I have question for those who picked up their cars this week or last week: was the price as agreed when you ordered? I heard some rumors that dealers are calling around and informing ppl about the price increase (not only Škoda), but can’t check myself due to late hours today. But will definitely do it tomorrow.

i got my car 27 july 22. it is a lease car and they kept the same price i was told when ordering my car in may 21.very happy about that.

• Like 1

So, as promised, I contacted my dealer about the prices - some are really changing the prices but they aren’t, it stays the same as on the contract we signed upon ordering. He also said that there is a lot of cars arriving at the moment, so hopefully I get to see mine soon as well.

Not getting my hopes up though, I will even restrain myself from checking the app.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cvetyyy111 said:

I am already in my 14. month of waiting with no info (ordered in July). So I don't think these news are as good as you think, at least not for me but I like your optimism. :)

Edited by MaximusMeridius
  • Sad 1
  • Groan 1

Hello! Today I was told that my car has a confirmed build date. At last. Week 37 2022, so just two weeks away. It's a hatchback 1.5 TSI MHEV Sport (Tow bar, travel assist low, heated front seats, rear USB connectors, spare wheel). I ordered it on 29/06/21 in Spain.

Cheers

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SpanishJose said:

Hello! Today I was told that my car has a confirmed build date. At last. Week 37 2022, so just two weeks away. It's a hatchback 1.5 TSI MHEV Sport (Tow bar, travel assist low, heated front seats, rear USB connectors, spare wheel). I ordered it on 29/06/21 in Spain.

Cheers

I wonder if these will go to parking lots as well.

I came across this article on the CZ forum:

https://www.garaz.cz/clanek/servis-nakup-auta-zjistovali-jsme-jak-dlouho-se-ceka-na-nejoblibenejsi-auta-v-cr-nekde-par-mesicu-jinde-i-rok-a-pul-21008805

They also say that delivery times depend also on the annual sales quotas of individual dealers. I guess it’s one of the aspects we haven’t mentioned much. Well as long as the Slovenian police force got plenty of them, the rest can wait indefinitely…
I’m really getting tired of this waiting, my mother-in-law even more so as I am currently using her car to drive to work… I know I should be near now, but can’t stay positive with all the current experience. I also said I would restrain myself from checking the app - but had to check yesterday evening and guess what - yep, 😞.

And yesterday while driving home, 2 white Octys right in front of me, going in the same direction for quite a while, I mean c’mon, stop teasing me 🤬

Sorry about the whine guys, not one of my best days 😞

• Like 4

Only time will tell if the Czech factories and industries can keep getting special treatment in the way of energy and the Energy minister kicking up a stink with the rest of the EU backfires.    Just how many cars the VW group can get built and delivered within Europe this coming winter will be anyone's guess and out of the control of the VW group.  

1 hour ago, Ajdolin said:

This is laready a ****ing lie: "Currently, the waiting time for new Škoda cars ranges from 6 to 14 months."

The upper range should be a maximum and it is NOT. 🤬 Also keep in mind, this is meant for new orders, while they still can't deliver orders from 14 months ago.

Edited by MaximusMeridius
  • Like 1

Myeah, that 14 months is quite laughable. I was looking at the recent configurator here in Finland - they've removed quite a bit of options available for order. Some things I noted which were previously available with 1.5 TSI were:

- Park Assist 3.0 (been not available for a while)

- Rear seats 220V socket (why?!)

- Electrically adjustable seats

- Canton (also N/A for a while)

At the same time prices have increased quite a bit - approx +2K for my configuration without some of the options since they are now N/A.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, AndreyZh said:

Myeah, that 14 months is quite laughable. I was looking at the recent configurator here in Finland - they've removed quite a bit of option available for order. Some things I noted which were previously available with 1.5 TSI were:

- Park Assist 3.0 (not be available for a while)

- Rear seats 220V socket (why?!)

- Electrically adjustable seats

- Canton (also N/A for a while)

At the same time, prices have increased quite a bit - approx +2K for my configuration without some of the options since they are now N/A.

Maybe some lucky ones get the car after six months, but the majority of us after at LEAST 14 months.😀

Referring to the removal of additional equipment: it seems to me that all extra or "not so necessary equipment" for car operations, which include cable harnesses or chips to be built in, is eliminated by the car manufacturer by the trade-off principle. Those cable harnesses are used instead in the production of the regular, standardised car versions or where possible, in the EV versions. When the resources (inputs) are scarce, they prioritise their use, based on  their profitability targets.

And due to the increase in prices of inputs (inflation); materials, energy, workforce etc. and the scarcity and setbacks in the supply chains: they cut out some extra equipment options and, on the other side, increased the end (market) prices of new cars.

All the point here is the profitability of the Skoda company, not individual orders. The most probably institutional orders (such as from police) are a priority due to mass order and delivery requirements stipulated in the purchase contracts. In contrast, the individual orders, as discussed in this thread before; the cars with higher profit margins go into the production sooner than the others (the ones with a waiting period of over 12 months for a build date).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Have had confirmation that I should be able to pick mine up in the next week, which is a nice bonus. Just around 13 months wait. 

Congrats. As you are not in the spreadsheet , can you share more details about what you ordered?

• Like 4

Hi guys, first time posting on here after following the discussion for months. 

I ordered the VRS PHEV with no extras in September 2021 through a vehicle leasing company and told initial 19 week lead time from then. Same as everyone else's experience of course it was delayed until May then delayed again until week 34 which was last week for the build date. I contacted the dealer to see if it was getting built on week 34 to then be told it no longer has a build date! After being told this I feel like I have went back the way, even though I wasn't surprised. 

Admin- feel free to add to the spreadsheet and happy to answer any questions to help. 

• Sad 3

20 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I am already in my 14. month of waiting with no info (ordered in July). So I don't think these news are as good as you think, at least not for me but I like your optimism. :)

as you know i waited 14 months and 6 days,so your must be just around the corner for delivery.good luck hope you get it very soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joss1733 said:

as you know i waited 14 months and 6 days,so your must be just around the corner for delivery.good luck hope you get it very soon.

Thanks Joss1733, but I highly doubt that. Still no info about build date. Also if you look at the list, there are still some worse off than me. Many are not on this list, but I see even worst cases on Czech, Croatian and other forums. 😞

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Thanks Joss1733, but I highly doubt that. Still no info about build date. Also if you look at the list, there are still some worse off than me. Many are not on this list, but I see even worst cases on Czech, Croatian and other forums. 😞

More forums? Do share 😉