Delivery times?

I think there’s a couple of 4x4 trickling through on here just now. I’m going to just dial everything down for a bit and let them get on with it. The point I made on the last Live Chat, was that they seem to think that an indefinite waiting time is acceptable to customers, which in reality just isn’t a practical scenario. 
But to be honest, my experience is just one of a number caught on this forum, which leads me to believe that somewhere along the way, during this whole global pandemic, the customer has fallen way down the pecking order for Skoda, which is disappointing. Those poor guys who have already taken delivery of glitching cars, already paying their monthly loan payments or lease payments or who have paid out in full for cars that don’t work have had little or no support / sympathy from the brand. So my lack of info (added to my impatience😬) pales into insignificance when put up against their experiences. 
Keep talking and updating chaps as it really does help✌🏼👍🏼

• Like 2

So I know I said I’d be patient and I have been for two weeks. 
contacted Skoda today. “No build week has yet been allocated to your order. Please leave it until the end of the month to check again.” 
So difficult to deal with this open ended scenario. Ah well. I’ll just have to try and forget that I’ve orders a new car again for a few more weeks. 🤪 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Skodev said:

So I know I said I’d be patient and I have been for two weeks. 
contacted Skoda today. “No build week has yet been allocated to your order. Please leave it until the end of the month to check again.” 
So difficult to deal with this open ended scenario. Ah well. I’ll just have to try and forget that I’ve orders a new car again for a few more weeks. 🤪 

The response I had today:

I can see we are waiting on the Factory to update the system with an unconfirmed build week. If you wanted to check with us in the next few weeks and we can have another look.

2 hours ago, edrenshaw said:

The response I had today:

I can see we are waiting on the Factory to update the system with an unconfirmed build week. If you wanted to check with us in the next few weeks and we can have another look.

Mate, that has given me some kind of twisted comfort that someone else is getting absolutely no definitive answers re their ordered car. So I sympathise massively and thank you for sharing. Is yours a similar spec to mine, 4x4 diesel vRS estate? 

23 hours ago, Skodev said:

Mate, that has given me some kind of twisted comfort that someone else is getting absolutely no definitive answers re their ordered car. So I sympathise massively and thank you for sharing. Is yours a similar spec to mine, 4x4 diesel vRS estate? 

Yes, 4x4 estate, Meteor Grey, Canton, DCC and winter pack.

Its frustrating as I'm having to shell out on my Merc for new tyres, rear pads and discs, and front pads.  I need it ideally before July but not holding my breath.

11 hours ago, edrenshaw said:

Yes, 4x4 estate, Meteor Grey, Canton, DCC and winter pack.

Its frustrating as I'm having to shell out on my Merc for new tyres, rear pads and discs, and front pads.  I need it ideally before July but not holding my breath.

I’ve just had to MOT my 5 series pal, it passed, but know exactly what you mean. You don’t want to be sinking “dead money” into a car you’ll be saying goodbye to. 

It can’t be a coincidence that we’ve ordered virtually identical cars and are being kept on the hook longer than others I’ve seen on these pages? 
The three elements we have in common are Meteor Grey paint (have they run out? 🤣) Canton Sound (worldwide shortage of spare wheel sub woofers? 🤷🏻‍♂️) Four wheel drive system (Haldex factory closed due to COVID? 🤔

oh and we’ve both ordered estates, so maybe that’s it? 
Bizarre pal, after convincing myself to remain patient a few weeks ago, I’m getting itchy feet again☹️

6 minutes ago, Skodev said:

I’ve just had to MOT my 5 series pal, it passed, but know exactly what you mean. You don’t want to be sinking “dead money” into a car you’ll be saying goodbye to. 

It can’t be a coincidence that we’ve ordered virtually identical cars and are being kept on the hook longer than others I’ve seen on these pages? 
The three elements we have in common are Meteor Grey paint (have they run out? 🤣) Canton Sound (worldwide shortage of spare wheel sub woofers? 🤷🏻‍♂️) Four wheel drive system (Haldex factory closed due to COVID? 🤔

oh and we’ve both ordered estates, so maybe that’s it? 
Bizarre pal, after convincing myself to remain patient a few weeks ago, I’m getting itchy feet again☹️

It's not the paint, DCC, or the estate for sure (I got the petrol version with DSG)... so it must be the other stuff - maybe they've run out of diesel engines? 🤪

23 minutes ago, Tishout said:

It's not the paint, DCC, or the estate for sure (I got the petrol version with DSG)... so it must be the other stuff - maybe they've run out of diesel engines? 🤪

🤣🤣 

Who knows mate. 
Whatever it is, feeding some constructive narrative back to customers would go a long way to improving the current situation. 
The old adage, “no news, is good news” does not apply in this scenario. 
Glad you’re behind the wheel. 👍🏼

42 minutes ago, Tishout said:

Its not as daft as it sounds

In 2020 Skoda assembled 753,013 Skoda branded cars in Czech, but only built 411,000 engines in Czech

So many of the engines are coming from factories in other countries (which might have different Covid rules and shutdowns)

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/skoda-world/skoda-and-volkswagen-three-decades-of-partnership/

Got an update from Skoda yesterday: status 38 and sitting at the port in Emden, awaiting to be assigned a ship. I had a look at ships regularly transporting from Emden to UK ports (Sheerness or Grimsby usually) and this one appears fairly regular at the mohttps://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:416498/mmsi:355351000/imo:9235414/vessel:MALACCA_HIGHWAY 

Any update on your 4x4 orders @Skodev or @edrenshaw

Well in the words of Duncan Banatyne from his stint in Dragons Den “I’m ooot” 

Its been a pretty poor experience really and I don’t blame my dealer too much, the issue is with Skoda. I phoned and cancelled my order today. Had a call back from the Dealerships Head of Sales, a very decent guy, he looked on the order system whilst we were chatting and said he couldn’t believe I was still waiting for a build week to be allocated after nearly three months. 
The biggest thing for me was how open ended the scenario was and the fact that Skoda seem to think it’s an acceptable situation. 
The Head of Sales completely agreed and  has reluctantly cancelled my order. 
Best of luck to you @edrenshaw you’ll have one less meteor grey 4x4 kicking around. I hope you get a resolution or find a satisfactory outcome either way. 
Cheers guys. My brief flirtation with returning to the Skoda fold has been emotional 🤣🤣🏼🏼  

4 minutes ago, Skodev said:

Its been a pretty poor experience really and I don’t blame my dealer too much, the issue is with Skoda. I phoned and cancelled my order today. Had a call back from the Dealerships Head of Sales, a very decent guy, he looked on the order system whilst we were chatting and said he couldn’t believe I was still waiting for a build week to be allocated after nearly three months. 
The biggest thing for me was how open ended the scenario was and the fact that Skoda seem to think it’s an acceptable situation. 
Best of luck to you @edrenshaw you’ll have one less meteor grey 4x4 kicking around. I hope you get a resolution or find a satisfactory outcome either way. 
Cheers guys. My brief flirtation with returning to the Skoda fold has been emotional 🤣🤣🏼🏼  

Sorry to hear that, mate... what are you changing the nickname to? 😅

2 hours ago, Skodev said:

Aww man that is ****. Three months, no info and no order: you've got a pretty good level of patience man. Good luck with the whatever you get and hopefully you get it soon man! 

7 hours ago, Aarond said:

Aww man that is ****. Three months, no info and no order: you've got a pretty good level of patience man. Good luck with the whatever you get and hopefully you get it soon man! 

Cheers buddy, Cupra Formentor arriving in 5 weeks. 👍🏼 
it is what it is pal. The Head of Sales said to me that there’s obviously major supply chain issues at Skoda, but even he had no answer or context to give. 

So at least I can now plan returning my car and look forward to a summer in a new car. 👍🏼

9 minutes ago, Skodev said:

The Head of Sales said to me that there’s obviously major supply chain issues at Skoda, but even he had no answer or context to give. 

... and many other car manufacturers (JLR have just halted production) caused by a shortage of microchips, of which there are now many in cars - the chip manufacturers have received orders way in excess of their production capacity and it will take many months for them to meet those orders.

They can't simply increase chip production as it costs literally billions to build a new production line and takes months (years?) to build.

I think the bad weather and snow in Texas a while also had some impact on production of the chips to car manufacturing market which was already pretty desperate for them: https://www.ft.com/content/ec2f93ad-d23c-4ff4-867a-59385d1cc8a6 

That's a kool looking care @Skodev , I quite prefer those standard wheels to the ones on the vRS! Even if there is a small delay, 5 weeks will zoom by. Share a picture of it when you get it 

4 minutes ago, Aarond said:

I think the bad weather and snow in Texas a while also had some impact on production of the chips to car manufacturing market which was already pretty desperate for them: https://www.ft.com/content/ec2f93ad-d23c-4ff4-867a-59385d1cc8a6 

That's a kool looking care @Skodev , I quite prefer those standard wheels to the ones on the vRS! Even if there is a small delay, 5 weeks will zoom by. Share a picture of it when you get it 

Cheers pal, will do. 
Yeah the wheels and general look of the car had me. 
🏼 

29 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

TSI? 300 BHP?

Yes mate. 
think this will be my last internal combustion engine, the way things are moving, so figured, go balls out for my last hurrah!! 🤣🤣🤣 

• Like 2
  • Love it! 2

6 minutes ago, Skodev said:

Yes mate. 
think this will be my last internal combustion engine, the way things are moving, so figured, go balls out for my last hurrah!! 🤣🤣🤣 

Nice one! Totally agree with you on the engine part. This is also why I went with the TSI RS. :inlove: Would of course take the 300 BHP Octy if it would be available. I hope you will enjoy your new car! :thumbup:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Nice one! Totally agree with you on the engine part. This is also why I went with the TSI RS. :inlove: Would of course take the 300 BHP Octy if it would be available. I hope you will enjoy your new car! :thumbup:

The same...

Edited by Tishout

5 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Thanks mate. I’m looking forward to it. 👍🏼

Just ordered a saloon vrs steel grey 2.0tdi on the 6apr wanted an estate was told no chance of getting one until 22. Anyone else getting this from dealers?