Delivery times?

13 hours ago, TomTom88 said:

Hi all,

Have been following this thread for some time and now want to share my experience. Ordered Octavia vRS TSI DSG Hatch back in September 23, estimated delivery time was 210 days or about 7 months. But today, out of the blue, my dealer called me and told my vRS is already at the dealership and I need to get winter tires to collect the car :D  Joy and stress at the same time. My car had some options, like heated windshield and CANTON, all fitted and nothing missing. Ordered in Lithuania. Also have a friend, who ordered SEAT Furmentor (or whatever that thing is called) in early July - still nothing from the dealership. 

Congrats man. At least Skoda keeps some customers happy. They will need those in the future. :D

• Haha 1

I ordered my 1.5SE  estate with tow bar fitted in March 21 & was advised Aug21 for  delivery. That kept being pushed back with no confirmed build date, until last month when they advised it was being built. Yesterday they said it's waiting to be shipped and I could choose whether to get it as a Feb registration or hold off until March. I hope the wait will be worth it!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Congrats man. At least Skoda keeps some customers happy. They will need those in the future. :D

Stick with us man…lets play together this waiting game 😆😆

16 minutes ago, Dado82 said:

Stick with us man…lets play together this waiting game 😆😆

We will see. I am just mad, they didn't tell me a realistic delivery time. When I was looking in July/August there were other Octavias on stock that I liked, but company policy is, car has to be white. No other car on stock was white, they were blue, gray, black and if dealers said the wait can be 8 months or more, I think my company would ignore this part of the policy.

Just contacted my dealership to ask if they received any official news (from the factory) concerning any potential further delays generated by the last weekend's fire in Mlada Boleslav.
The answer was NO; no info from the factory, no info from Skoda Romania towards local dealers, no obvious changes in the production schedule at the factory...

Telling me "you have to wait 1 year for the car" is way better than telling me nothing and keep me in the dark indefinitely...

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Like 2

It should definitely…and I totally hear you…the most annoying thing about everything is this lack of information. I hope something will move on soon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

We will see. I am just mad, they didn't tell me a realistic delivery time. When I was looking in July/August there were other Octavias on stock that I liked, but company policy is, car has to be white. No other car on stock was white, they were blue, gray, black and if dealers said the wait can be 8 months or more, I think my company would ignore this part of the policy.

It should definitely…and I totally hear you…the most annoying thing about everything is this lack of information. I hope something will move on soon.

I ordered a race blue petrol VRS with DCC & rear parking camera in early October.

The dealer gave me an estimated delivery date of May 22. The latest update around a week ago was (unsurprisingly) still no build date 🙄.

At least the contract on my current VRS runs until October so not the end of the world!

47 minutes ago, Wyatt64 said:

estimated delivery date of May 22

I wish I'm wrong, but prepare for some bad news...

It looks like Skoda just ran out inner door panels for Octavia, and the production lines for those.
Have a look at the videos in the Czech article:

https://www.kurzy.cz/zpravy/631971-vikendovy-pozar-haly-v-mlade-boleslavi-se-tykal-dodavatele-skody-auto/

3 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

Just contacted my dealership to ask if they received any official news (from the factory) concerning any potential further delays generated by the last weekend's fire in Mlada Boleslav.
The answer was NO; no info from the factory, no info from Skoda Romania towards local dealers, no obvious changes in the production schedule at the factory...

Telling me "you have to wait 1 year for the car" is way better than telling me nothing and keep me in the dark indefinitely...

Exactly what my dealer said yesterday. I sent them some links about the last weekend fire but they don’t know anything and haven’t received any information from Skoda…
Obviously they are up to date but Skoda can’t say to their customers that they will get their car someday in 2023. That would mean a great loss of customers.

• Like 1

All this news about the fire and the lack of information doesn’t fill me full of hope. I order at the start of the year and was told 40 weeks but I think that might have been a large white lie. Hopefully it all gets ironed out but I think I’m being very hopeful 😂

55 minutes ago, Cottis said:

All this news about the fire and the lack of information doesn’t fill me full of hope. I order at the start of the year and was told 40 weeks but I think that might have been a large white lie. Hopefully it all gets ironed out but I think I’m being very hopeful 😂

40 weeks can happen, but these are strange times, where 40 weeks sounds optimistic. :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

40 weeks sounds optimistic

My Contract says 35-45 weeks maximum, with a "promise" from the dealership that I'll get the car sooner than that.
Until this weekend I has some hopes I'll have the  car before my summer vacation. Now I no longer imagine the car will be with me before this autumn.

44 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

40 weeks can happen, but these are strange times, where 40 weeks sounds optimistic. :)

Well I know what VW have done with the semi conductor shorter so really I should know better but hey I’m a sucker and I’ll pretend 40 weeks is 40 weeks. The fact the dealer told me 40 weeks means when that date hits I’ll call up and ask where my car is. If it’s no where to be seen they’ll have to sweeten the deal 😂

19 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

My Contract says 35-45 weeks maximum, with a "promise" from the dealership that I'll get the car sooner than that.
Until this weekend I has some hopes I'll have the  car before my summer vacation. Now I no longer imagine the car will be with me before this autumn.

Drop those hopes ASAP! :) I am not saying it can't happen. We have seen some who got cars way before that timeline. But still drop the hope, those are slim chances.

3 minutes ago, Cottis said:

Well I know what VW have done with the semi conductor shorter so really I should know better but hey I’m a sucker and I’ll pretend 40 weeks is 40 weeks. The fact the dealer told me 40 weeks means when that date hits I’ll call up and ask where my car is. If it’s no where to be seen they’ll have to sweeten the deal 😂

I think they won't sweeten anything but their coffe, while looking you straight in the face trying their hardest not to laugh at your demands. :)

9 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I think they won't sweeten anything but their coffe, while looking you straight in the face trying their hardest not to laugh at your demands. :)

They didn’t even offer me a coffee when I signed for the car haha. To be honest it’s not the dealers fault they’re clueless. He didn’t believe me when I told him the reason for the semi conductor shortage. He tried to tell me some made up story as to why there was a shortage. 
I’ll just wait and see but if week 40 rolls around and I’ve heard nothing I’ll just go for another brand. 

1 hour ago, Cottis said:

They didn’t even offer me a coffee when I signed for the car haha. To be honest it’s not the dealers fault they’re clueless. He didn’t believe me when I told him the reason for the semi conductor shortage. He tried to tell me some made up story as to why there was a shortage. 
I’ll just wait and see but if week 40 rolls around and I’ve heard nothing I’ll just go for another brand. 

In my case when I signed they gave me an Skoda umbrella as a gift 😂. Now I think it was some kind of signal. It is going to rain a lot until getting my Octavia.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, almarote said:

In my case when I signed they gave me an Skoda umbrella as a gift 😂. Now I think it was some kind of signal. It is going to rain a lot until getting my Octavia.

You got an umbrella ! I got some paperwork, I could hide under that in the event of rain I guess 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Cottis said:

You got an umbrella ! I got some paperwork, I could hide under that in the event of rain I guess 

I got a pdf in mail and one day later another mail with a link to the Skoda Connect site, urging me to create an account. I did, the same day. Silly me... :D I can just stand in the rain, looking at a car silhouette on my app that even isn't Octavia. But the rain will hide my tears. 

• Haha 2
  • Crying 1

22 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I got a pdf in mail and one day later another mail with a link to the Skoda Connect site, urging me to create an account. I did, the same day. Silly me... :D I can just stand in the rain, looking at a car silhouette on my app that even isn't Octavia. But the rain will hide my tears. 

I can hear some sad music and violins 🤣 and it’s not canton sound system 😆

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Drop those hopes ASAP! :)

Oh, I forgot to mention (I wrote several pages behind on this topic) - my Contract is dated end of Aug.'21, so waiting for the car this summer was not at all optimistic!
That's why I'm saying delivery this autumn should be possible...
45 weeks (Contract max.) + 8 weeks (legal delay) + 8-12 weeks (delay caused by fire) => brings me to Oct.-Nov. 2022!!!  😭

L.E.
the local Skoda web-page shows cars in stock (at the dealers or in customs waiting to be delivered); just a couple of days ago an almost-identical one (to the car I ordered) appeared in stock. Diesels are sold almost instantly here in Romania, all they had in stock so far were petrol or iV.

I would gladly take the one in stock, but it's priced at 35.800 Euro, while my contract was signed with 29.500 Euro. The price increase is insane!!!

Edited by SkOmk4