2014 VRS Infotainment Swap

Now I’m even more confused. Because I noticed this when looking at the fault codes. The mileage reads +108k. Where as there is 68k on the clocks. Now the stereo isn’t the original, so is that the mileage from the car the stereo was removed? Or has my car been messed with?

2EC8E210-E4BC-4575-B71D-0DD8708008CD.png

4B47C225-A7B8-44F3-A657-0381BBDA56F8.png

10 minutes ago, somedudebob said:

Now I’m even more confused. Because I noticed this when looking at the fault codes. The mileage reads +108k. Where as there is 68k on the clocks. Now the stereo isn’t the original, so is that the mileage from the car the stereo was removed? Or has my car been messed with?

2EC8E210-E4BC-4575-B71D-0DD8708008CD.png

4B47C225-A7B8-44F3-A657-0381BBDA56F8.png

109km is roughly equal to 68k mile.

Oh for goodness sake. Don’t I look a tool now 😂😂😂😂

Doesn’t explain the issue with the year though. I’ll dig out my paperwork tomorrow but it was definitely a 2014 car

Edited by somedudebob

12 hours ago, somedudebob said:

Oh for goodness sake. Don’t I look a tool now 😂😂😂😂

Doesn’t explain the issue with the year though. I’ll dig out my paperwork tomorrow but it was definitely a 2014 car

If it was built after around May 2014 then it would have been a 2015 model even though it was registered in 2014.

Check the model year digit in the VIN - this is VW details but the model year still applies to Skodas VW VIN codes

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, somedudebob said:

How very odd.

Not odd at all.

Skoda and VAG always build cars for the following year they will be sold in. E.g. MY15 cars are built in 2014. Now what could have happened here is that due to popular demand of the MK3's at this time, Skoda UK might have asked for the MY15 model to be released from Czechia in 2014. This meant that certain models were put to market earlier than expected.

Remember that an MY starts usually in September the previous year and goes onto August the following year. It's all very misleading and you will only find out this when you go and visit the factory in Mladá Boleslav (Guess who's been ROFL).

Ah ok,  Yes that makes perfect sense, I just meant odd from my perspective, of assuming that the car would believe it was built the same year it was registered, Like Im expecting someone to code in a date of birth as it rolls out the factory or something.  Long and short of it is my worries of a clocked dud car have been alleviated.

Now, If only I could get this blooming camera working.  Im going to re make the connections at the back of the stereo again over the weekend, and double check my power is good,  If no avail there, Ill run a temporary fused power down the car from the battery as a test.

1 minute ago, somedudebob said:

Now, If only I could get this blooming camera working

Did you buy an NTSC camera or PAL camera. What you are showing there is a PAL invertion picture which is a problem. The cameras must be NTSC.

PAL and NTSC are closely related as a standard but PAL is superior due to a secondary colour phasing check. If an NTSC calibrated system sees a PAL signal, it interprets it as brightness or contrast. The long and short of it is....your reversing camera images will look odd.

• Like 1

According to the packaging and order it was an NTSC camera I purchased. That doesn’t mean it’s what arrived though. I don’t know what a Pal camera when it should be NTSC looks like, if your confirming that my example looks like this I’ll chase with the seller

20 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Remember that an MY starts usually in September the previous year and goes onto August the following year.

The MY usually starts when the factory returns from its summer break which is in July - this allows the changeover (and any modifications to the production line) to be done while the line is idle.

I had a 2007 MY Audi that was built in June 2006 (and delivered to me in July 2006) - so sometimes they can build new MY cars even earlier.

Yes and no. Skoda tend to change their annual 'shutdown'. I've heard it being in July, July or August, so it depends on a number of factors, such as stock and parts availability.

Well @SashaGrace to the rescue. Turns out I’d made a mistake in the wiring. 

the directional lines work, however the distance indicators, well, look a bit short to be useful. But not really too worries since the distance indicators from the sensors are displayed on screen too. 

now to figure out what’s next. 

wireless CarPlay and Charging?

wheel refurb

decisions, decisions

ABFABC7C-59D6-4B88-8198-B0573DC9C55A.jpeg

• Like 1