SW version on reporting bugs

sdolenec

It would be good that everyone on reporting problems also start to write SW version of car as this can be very douable info because withouth this info we can not predict if error is problem of old SW and if that kind error was already fixed with newer SW and that problem is that owner of car accually have old SW version and that is maybe already fixed in newer SW.

Some people are reporting to have current 1788, some 1688 erc... Withouth this info it is hard to see if this is still the problem or the problem is that reporters do not have updated SW..

We had ours updated in February - major update to multiple ECUs.

It appears that it solved most of the issues - however, the software version on the central display stayed the same.

I'll be picking up a new SE-L in the next few weeks. It's a stock car which was built in week 2 of 2021. What should that mean in terms of hardware version?

Can someone post a quick 'how-to' so I can quickly check the software/hardware versions before I leave the dealer, to ensure everything is as up to date as possible?

Ta.

If I remember right from my hire cars, you press HOME button, and then swipe-down the top of the screen.  I think the updates are located in there.  I regularly update the Skoda hirecars I get to drive! :-)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

If I remember right from my hire cars, you press HOME button, and then swipe-down the top of the screen.  I think the updates are located in there.  I regularly update the Skoda hirecars I get to drive! :-)

Edited by janmand
Fail

4 hours ago, just music said:

I'll be picking up a new SE-L in the next few weeks. It's a stock car which was built in week 2 of 2021. What should that mean in terms of hardware version?

Can someone post a quick 'how-to' so I can quickly check the software/hardware versions before I leave the dealer, to ensure everything is as up to date as possible?

Ta.

Here...
image.png.f27a22c6cfdb08cb86fc4b8dec655897.png

6 minutes ago, just music said:

Thanks. What should I expect this screen to show me if everything is up to date (let's say as of today, 9 Mar 21)?

Depends on the build date. You should see something like the picture below.

According to information provided by owners, Device part numbers ending with A, B or C have SW version 16xx where 1688 being the latest. And device part numbers ending with D and onward, have version 17xx where 1788 is being the latest. But even you have the latest version displayed, ask the dealer to check if any additional updates are available for your car.

image.png.72cfebf5ccc0204ff9409a86c96374a8.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Question.. I will get my new car in aprox. 14 days (3 months and half after I ordered it).

My question is as I know that SW version is important how car is working which version are the latest - so that I will check it before receiving the car..

So info which I need is:

Software:

Navigation database:

Media Codec:

Thank you for answers..

Bolero (without Nav active).Minor issue with sensors on snow or hard rain.Now its OK.From january till now was some update (5-6 minor update but not change software  version)

457009874_thumbnail_IMG_1664MediaBolero.jpg.c1e17035851e22572b6a7378541bcb9a.jpg

9 hours ago, sdolenec said:

Question.. I will get my new car in aprox. 14 days (3 months and half after I ordered it).

My question is as I know that SW version is important how car is working which version are the latest - so that I will check it before receiving the car..

So info which I need is:

Software:

Navigation database:

Media Codec:

Thank you for answers..

The most important are device part number and SW version. For devices ending with A,B or C the latest version is 1668 (not 100% sure). For D and onward the latest version is 1788. What you want is a car with device part number ending with D or higher. Since these have (according to the internet) less issues than earlier ones. 

The software version also doesn't change with every update. Most OTA updates and also most updates at the dealers won't change the version.

11 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

Thanks.. I will check final letter and SW version..

If I am correct letter should be higer than D as car build month is May 2021..

Yes, it should be. I have E and my car was build in November. But you never know. 

Not had many issues with my VRS, other than the parking sensors showing an error during heavy rain once, though seemed OK when testing again in the rain, Clima also went AWOL once too, but was back the next time I drove it, hopefully both just software gremlins that will get fixed with updates. It's done 2 OTA updates since I got it end of March but software version hasn't changed. 

IMG_20210513_135519.jpg

1 hour ago, omadon said:

Mine with old navigation database. There are no updates under "Show all updates"

But you already have the newest software - 1803. Nice. Did you went to the dealer to get the update or it came already with the car?

On 14/05/2021 at 07:53, omadon said:

Mine with old navigation database. There are no updates under "Show all updates"

verzija masked.jpg

Hi,

Is there any way to extract or download the firmware you currently have? Your software is the latest and we seem to have the same device yet in the skoda update, portal when I enter my VIN, I get no updates.

AFAIK no. Apparently only dealers have option to download firmware directly to USB and initiate update. OTA upgrades can be related to the region also. Maybe you version is the latest version for Israel.

• Like 1