Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:

Is anyone using DAB-Z.

I've noticed mine is playing up recently, it's not loading up the station list, and while it still plays my last listened to station, I just get the spinny circle on the main page so can't navigate to any other station. 

My only option is to kill the app and reload. 

Have to tried uninstall/reinstall, clearing cache and data and it works on first load, then when I go back to the car again and start, it's back to square 1. 

5 hours ago, Lamont1980 said:

Hi mate,

I had to ask the seller for an extended harness. They were fine sending it out, just took a couple of weeks unfortunately. 

Appreciate the reply thanks! Managed to get it in this evening with great difficulty, proved to be an extra pain cause I’ve already cut the speaker cables a while back, wired in a sub to the quad lock. For anybody else wondering and do at your own will but there is 3 cable ties holding all the wires back there and they are held on with a little plastic clip also, so removed all 3 of these and start cutting away as much of the tape as I could. Unravelled as many wires as I could thankfully as had already cut the speaker wires for the sub and managed to squeeze it in. Will post pics tomorrow for anybody else who may be having same issues but the clips were the main issue. 

Ive had mine in and out a few times but it does fit after pulling cables through and re-routing..their isn't much length on the main harness from behind glove box at all and first time  was a right pain to plug it all in at rear but you can do it 👌🏻

E40ACA14-DDB3-4027-8467-DDA9F15809B4.jpeg

9AF7A95F-8117-447B-B89E-70527CEE9146.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon everyone hope your all having a lovely weekend 😁

Out of interest has anyone fitted this stereo to their   octy  Vrs and if so how do you get it to display The Vrs mode selection on the screen like the factory stereo?

I have a changed my 1.6tdi  octavia  (which I had my andriod unit fitted too) and got into a Vrs diesel and today fitted stereo all ok heater display..door open display etc...steering wheel etc...but Vrs selection when pressing button by gear selector nope 

Any ideas please 

C92AEE1C-98CC-4BCC-A259-B4D3AE784D05.jpeg

Edited by DervMaster
Forgot to add picture

On 03/03/2023 at 16:42, Lamont1980 said:

Is anyone using DAB-Z.

I've noticed mine is playing up recently, it's not loading up the station list, and while it still plays my last listened to station, I just get the spinny circle on the main page so can't navigate to any other station. 

My only option is to kill the app and reload. 

Have to tried uninstall/reinstall, clearing cache and data and it works on first load, then when I go back to the car again and start, it's back to square 1. 

Nope, I never faced this issue when I had my unit. It always ran smooth. Only thing was making sure the antenna was screwed tight to the dongle otherwise it would loose the stations 

12 hours ago, DervMaster said:

Good afternoon everyone hope your all having a lovely weekend 😁

Out of interest has anyone fitted this stereo to their   octy  Vrs and if so how do you get it to display The Vrs mode selection on the screen like the factory stereo?

I have a changed my 1.6tdi  octavia  (which I had my andriod unit fitted too) and got into a Vrs diesel and today fitted stereo all ok heater display..door open display etc...steering wheel etc...but Vrs selection when pressing button by gear selector nope 

Any ideas please 

C92AEE1C-98CC-4BCC-A259-B4D3AE784D05.jpeg

It won't work,I tried 2 units and the only one showings the driving mods was the ebilaen unit so a fyt unit (I think). The other one never showed the driving mode. It depends on the software 

2 hours ago, nickytheshaft said:

It won't work,I tried 2 units and the only one showings the driving mods was the ebilaen unit so a fyt unit (I think). The other one never showed the driving mode. It depends on the software 

Mine is the ebilaen unit not sure which model but can check...I

1 hour ago, nickytheshaft said:

Have you selected the right canbus profile?

I had it a 2015 estate 1.6tdi..

Now ive fitted it to a 2015 Vrs 2.0 tdi 

So presumably Canbus is same  as same year?

29 minutes ago, DervMaster said:

I've been although the menu and it appears it's the same as photo so will select Vrs jist with the Button am look at the box between dials speedometer and rev counter 

3AAF2F70-081C-41EF-8860-8382F6CE43C3.jpeg

I see you are on the simple soft canbus. Try "raise" usually it is what they provide. Also when changing canbus settings you have to be connected to the Internet. If not, it will not download the profiles.

Also they are several Octavia profiles, choose the 2015 Octavia.

• 7 months later...
On 07/11/2023 at 10:10, EfkooCze said:

Anybody got any? For two models, the Chinese says they have optical output. So it should theoretically work with Canton, or am I wrong? I have written to the Chinese and am waiting for feedback.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005336531418.html

I don't think any of these units are compatible with canton