Delivery lead-time

Ianhudson

On 18/08/2021 at 12:40, Ianhudson said:

mine has now just been pushed back to 7th March. it started out 1st November then 31st January now this but have been told i'll get more of a confirmed date once parts are in. blaming on semiconductor shortage.

I'm with you, ordered mine late July. Was told EOY. Then got an update for a Jan build date & y'day got told build week slipped to Mid Feb now. What can you do eh... But it's a bit of a lottery depending on the spec you ordered it seems/semi conductors required for your car. 

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

I finally have an update from Skoda. My iV80 which had a build week of 28, has now actually been finished and is currently sat at Emden waiting for shipping. 

And now I've just realised that I've told this forum before telling my wife! 

13 minutes ago, Rudesing said:

I finally have an update from Skoda. My iV80 which had a build week of 28, has now actually been finished and is currently sat at Emden waiting for shipping. 

Difference is she's probably not that bothered when it comes 😂 Maybe there's a load of Enyaqs waiting to come on the same ship. 

On 04/09/2021 at 21:10, HWMBO - Mark said:

I'm with you, ordered mine late July. Was told EOY. Then got an update for a Jan build date & y'day got told build week slipped to Mid Feb now. What can you do eh... But it's a bit of a lottery depending on the spec you ordered it seems/semi conductors required for your car. 

Just had my date updated on my lease portal to 4th April now!

On 06/09/2021 at 16:37, Rudesing said:

How do you find out what state the build is at? and who from?

I took over the contract of an iV80 that was ordered in November. It originally had CF which delayed production. The dealer removed CF at some point and before I made changes it had an estimated production week of 42. I changed the entire car and added extras which the dealer said could delay it. I suppose adding extras which involve electronics can increase the number of chips it has. Hopefully it will have some priority since it was ordered ten months ago, but I don’t expect it in 2021.

Not that a production week says it all either. Some has had their cars completed, but sat in banking due to missing chips for two months.

Time to be patient. Luckily I’m not in a rush and got the Kodiaq until I get it.

The Kodiaq won’t increase in value, but the Enyaq will also live equally longer.

Edited by SkodaNor

Spoke to Skoda UK, very helpful, said I can see the Factory confirmed build week 34, this means production will have started 23rd - 29th August. Your car is midproduction at the moment due to a shortage of semiconductors. We appreciate this is frustrating and I am sorry. They then said when it goes to next phase of delivery it will be shippoing which takes 7-8 weeks. Howvever the current stage with no semiconductors, nobody knows how long.

I only ordered my iV60 at end of July 2021 (week 35) and was given a build week of 46 by Skoda, which I thought was a bit optimistic of them. 

Today I received an updated build week of 43 (late October 21).   But how long it will take them to build it and ship it is anyone's guess !

On 20/09/2021 at 17:55, TigerTony said:

I only ordered my iV60 at end of July 2021 (week 35) and was given a build week of 46 by Skoda, which I thought was a bit optimistic of them. 

Today I received an updated build week of 43 (late October 21).   But how long it will take them to build it and ship it is anyone's guess !

just out of curiosity what options did you pick?

Had my biweekly update on the Skoda chat, found out that dealer have forgotten to add 100kw option, 😤 and that they can’t now say if it has started production yet, however, no VIN number assigned yet.

This time I was told it have status 20 - which is the best term I believe, for what is known as “I haven’t got a flippin clue” 😂 😬 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ianhudson said:

just out of curiosity what options did you pick?

Hi Ian,

On my iV60 I chose the following options:

Loft interior,

Race Blue metallic paint,

100kW charging,

20" Vega Alloys,

Retractable Towbar,

Climate package PLUS,

Convenience package PLUS,

Transport package,

Light and View package BASIC,

Assisted drive package BASIC,

Parking package BASIC,

Chrome package.

Well, my dealer is rather poor at keeping me updated, so I have to ask them. To be honest, they were not desperate to sell the Enyaq (assume that because it is getting lots of reviews and is on back order, they feel it sells itself!).

Ordered my iV60 (main option 100kW charge, heated steering wheel and reversing camera) on June 28th just before the July price increase.

Was originally told a build-week of week 36. When that passed, I asked the dealer to confirm and they said the following, so who knows!?!

"At the moment your Enyaq is not showing a chassis number so the build is yet to be completed, this is due to the chip shortage.

It normally takes around 4 weeks from when the build is completed.

I will hopefully have better news for you soon"

Edited by Cotswold

On 20/09/2021 at 17:55, TigerTony said:

Todays update from Skoda UK.

My build date is postponed until further notice !  

I've been waiting for this bad news for weeks, so its no real surprise.  Oh well, it is what it is.

At least I can delay installing my home charge point for a few more months (got until April 2022 to still claim the grant) ! 

• Sad 1

On 25/09/2021 at 11:31, Cotswold said:

Well, my dealer is rather poor at keeping me updated, so I have to ask them. To be honest, they were not desperate to sell the Enyaq (assume that because it is getting lots of reviews and is on back order, they feel it sells itself!).

Ordered my iV60 (main option 100kW charge, heated steering wheel and reversing camera) on June 28th just before the July price increase.

Was originally told a build-week of week 36. When that passed, I asked the dealer to confirm and they said the following, so who knows!?!

"At the moment your Enyaq is not showing a chassis number so the build is yet to be completed, this is due to the chip shortage.

It normally takes around 4 weeks from when the build is completed.

I will hopefully have better news for you soon"

Good news update for me!  I got news that my car was finished today. So that was exactly 3 months wait for the build and so probably 4 months for actual delivery.

• Like 1

Mines been sitting in Emden / Cuxhaven since the 13th.

Apparently they aren’t getting enough cars delivered to the harbour, so they keep cancelling the ships that should have sailed to Sweden. There’s one ship scheduled to arrive in Sweden on Friday, so hopefully that one will actually go, and with my car in the hold. 

• Sad 1