AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish: I Honestly Think I've Lost the Plot...

AnnoyingPentium

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

That horn almost sounds like bagpipes which is most appropriate 😄

Oh yes of course! :D

1 minute ago, Breezy_Pete said:

I don't think it would do that double speed thing, but try it by taking out one bulb from trailer board.

I'll give that a bash at the weekend, busy all week now with uni malarkey and the trailer is tucked away. :)

• Like 1

I'm confident enough to say that test isn't worth doing, actually. The car can't tell the difference between an unconnected trailer light board and a blown indicator bulb unless you tell it there may be a trailer connected via that coding change. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Work on this has, as always continued.

This time, a leather steering wheel was procured and from the help of a mate of @DieselMonte who lives on this side of the water, I've had it fitted. :)

20221003_135848.thumb.jpg.5dc23175c69f3ac06251b4d40c8acbe1.jpg

Words cannot quite describe how much nicer the feeling of sheer luxury is. It reminds me of the steering wheel Superb I drove at work and absolutely fell in love with.

As an aside, I had a little meeting with a ditch today to avoid being the bumper ornament for a lorry who had taken it upon themselves to occupy the whole road.

20221003_153053.thumb.jpg.8b71ad29f2b2f31212e127d78ca76ad8.jpg

That, plus the other dirt meant it was time to give the car a wash.

20221003_170502.thumb.jpg.7e0c5b5e1ff9993ebcd5021f650430ac.jpg

20221003_170455.thumb.jpg.1b3e927d11b64074186041834d0bbca1.jpg

It's been about two months or so since I applied some CarPlan Super Gloss stuff (purple liquid in a spray bottle) and it's left the car with a lovely shine. Just need to get some better wax as the beading isn't as nice now.

Overall, lots more to do, as always, just enough to keep me occupied. :)

I sat there for about 20 seconds before I realised your video was only four seconds long 🙄

Agree, steering wheel looks good 👍

Gaz

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TMB said:

Trucks don't seem to like your car :giggle:

Like a bull to a red rag... or a truck to a red car. :D

19 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I sat there for about 20 seconds before I realised your video was only four seconds long 🙄

Tried to keep it short since I was sending it over Facebook Messenger initially. :D

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't done much to the car recently. It's needing work that I can't do, so it's going into the hands of my tame independent for repairs on Monday. Hopefully it'll stop clunking like the police riot squad on a criminal's door. The estimate for the work may depend on the fate of the car too. This may be interesting, or terrifying.

As an aside, I finally found the missing suction cup from the Halfords blind thing that came from my work. It's now mounted ready for road trips and all that. :)

20221021_171506.thumb.jpg.9371af8ad88b09b7e5eceb36420d9285.jpg

20221021_171519.thumb.jpg.6ec2788133841a4dfe509f6704fb3d8d.jpg

Still unsure whether I want to have the rear windows tinted a touch. An issue for later, I think.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Procured a glovebox from a Fabia at a breakers yard in Ayr, got some more bits to go back for at some point. It's filthy as the car had been lying sans windows for a good couple of years at least. The good thing is that it's free from scratches thankfully, it's helping go towards fixing the damaged trim panels in the car.

I'll post better photos once I've given it a run in the bath as it's quite poor inside and out... and a spider crawled up my arm when I opened it. :D

20221107_123638.thumb.jpg.10c1d012ef701ba507da0eeb980214b0.jpg

Moving on, I've got no electric windows anymore, they've died. However, @Breezy_Pete being the absolute gem he is, has sent up a replacement motor module for the window. I need to wait for a dry day before fitting that, though. I've tried bringing the switch unit in and drying it out with a radiator but no such luck so far. :sadsmile:

• Like 1

So today was rather good. Drove down to Kirkcudbright to drop off some steel wheels and swap my seats for some Bohemia ones. Met a fellow Fabia enthusiast in the process. Fabia earned its keep as my wee load lugger plus the trailer, drove sweet as a nut. :)

20221113_104322.thumb.jpg.fc6884aeccfd0c31ea78e43903f48750.jpg

Here's some photos of the seats, I'll grab better pictures in the morning, or whenever I remember. :)

20221113_164638.thumb.jpg.46a1ac70da18e82c9a62906b0e364c61.jpg

20221113_164645.thumb.jpg.361ceccc0b8637261060332de3145db1.jpg

All in all, a good trip besides the trailer having causing a bit of a wobble on the way home. It stopped after I pulled in for a bit, not sure what caused that. Will investigate in time. I even managed 40mpg or so as well, so I'll call that an added bonus. I still haven't got around to fitting the new window motor as I haven't been bothered at the moment, I'll get around to it... eventually.

Quite pleased with the way things have gone recently, just the electric windows to get sorted and this wee car will be on top form, or something to that degree. :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Drove down to Kirkcudbright to drop off some steel wheels and swap my seats for some Bohemia ones. Met a fellow Fabia enthusiast in the process. Fabia earned its keep as my wee load lugger plus the trailer

Oh the wee Kirkcudbright hexapede...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lofty said:

The Fabia Sport seats are a nice touch Ryan, they look completely at home in there.

Cheers Matt. It didn't really occur to me until yesterday that I've been subconsciously building a Fabia Sport rep, just with better spec than the actual Sport. 

There's stuff I'd like to add, but getting it seems to be the biggest issue.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Certain Sports came with factory Sundym tinder rear door glass/1/4 windows the same as the SE. That's where the rear door glass came from in mine.

Aye, think it was the later ones when they all became 1.2s. The Bohemia has the same sort of tinted glass from the B-Pillar back, I think.

If I could be arsed having that done in the future I would, since it doesn't really affect my insurance, or didn't when I tried quotes.

Yes the Bohemia had the same seats as the Sport, just did without the red seat belts.

The 1.9 PD100 Bohemia Estate was a useful thing back in the day, even came with the same steering wheel as the VRS but trimmed in smooth leather instead of the perforated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Yes the Bohemia had the same seats as the Sport, just did without the red seat belts.

The 1.9 PD100 Bohemia Estate was a useful thing back in the day, even came with the same steering wheel as the VRS but trimmed in smooth leather instead of the perforated.

The lad, Ryan, that I got the seats from has a Bohemia that's been kitted out above and beyond an Elegance. He's on the owners club on Facebook as well. :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

Good choice on the seats Ryan, best seat put in any fabia.

Cheers DM. They're class, a lot better than the bar stools I had. I may need to be wary with the passenger seat as you can feel the metal bar in it (by hand at least) at the side and don't want it to wear any worse, or through the cloth even.

Obviously the foam base is made of rocking horse **** these days, so what alternatives do I have?

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Seats looking nice, Ryan! 🙂 Did all the bolts come out ok?

Cheers Lee! :)

The other Ryan fitted them, I just spent the time talking to his Dad about his two Fabias. :D

Didn't seem like bother, so hoping that was the case. :)

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
Formatting and that.
  • Like 1

Base of the drivers on of mine was worn so I swapped em side to side.

I know there are places that will "rebuild" the foam in car seats, know someone who had it done on a landcruiser, roughly 60 euro.

The montes seat is pretty worn down on the bolster so I'll probably have it done.

• Like 1