Delivery Delays

My Superb estate iV has now arrived in UK. Will be registered this month although I will be away and unable to collect until 11 Oct. 

Ordered early may for week 23 build and delivery in July. So about 2 months later than first stated. I'm fine with that - get a 71 plate! 

35 minutes ago, Jerry57 said:

My Superb estate iV has now arrived in UK. Will be registered this month although I will be away and unable to collect until 11 Oct. 

Ordered early may for week 23 build and delivery in July. So about 2 months later than first stated. I'm fine with that - get a 71 plate! 

5 months is ok in the current climate , normally 3 months for factory orders anyway

i've noticed that the online discounts have been reduced a bit for new cars,  you could get 24% off a superb a few months ago, but thats now down to around  19%

i suppose thats still a lot less than the increases we've seen on 2nd hand car prices

.  Not sure though, , if you order a new car now with say 20% off, will they honour that price in 5 or 6 months time when the car finally arrives, most brokers have small print that says something like, car must arrive by a certain time ie 3 months etc

Just got an update from dealer. My car has a VIN code now, but "99% complete" status remain unchanged, some parts are missing. He told me that some older cars still don't have VIN code yet. Don't know, whether it's good news or not.

52 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Just got an update from dealer. My car has a VIN code now, but "99% complete" status remain unchanged, some parts are missing. He told me that some older cars still don't have VIN code yet. Don't know, whether it's good news or not.

The fact that you have a VIN code means the car has been built.

It can take up to about 3 months though for the remaining parts to be fitted from my personal experience.

Just depends on how soon those crucial parts are available.

5 minutes ago, Hozz said:

The fact that you have a VIN code means the car has been built.

It can take up to about 3 months though for the remaining parts to be fitted from my personal experience.

Just depends on how soon those crucial parts are available.

Thanks for info. That is confusing, because as I know, my car was built on 24 week (ordered in April) and has 99% state from that period.

PRAGUE, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Czech carmaker Skoda Auto, part of the Volkswagen group, will halt production at two domestic plants for a week at the end of September due to chip shortages, the company said on Thursday.

More HERE

More bad news for those waiting I'm afraid,

On 21/09/2021 at 13:43, ant177 said:

I'll just continue to live the Skoda life vicariously through the forum! 😉

Build week 34 but now sat awaiting components.

Think I will join you there , just rang “customer services”, which is a misnomer if ever I’ve heard one , absolutely no clue about my car , no info at all, completely hopeless, rang the dealer, he didn’t know anything either, but he was more helpful.  He did tell me that a few cars had come through , but averaged about 1 car per dealer.  

I know it's no consolation but the delays aren't confined to Skoda or VAG, I ordered a 5 series beemer in May and was originally told late August which went to late September but they're now saying, and believe it to be more reliable, that they expect it mid-October.  Needless to say I won't be holding my breath!!

What may be a consolation is the price of used cars still appears to be rising.  BMW offered, what they accepted was a very cautious P/Ex on my car of £18.5k, because they weren't sure how the used car market would go several months hence.  As WBAC, wizzle, motorway etc were indicating they would offer £19.5 to £20K I declined.  I did a similar valuation last week and the average across 5 buying sites is around £21.5K with one suggesting slightly over £22K!  BMW did say they'd make a revised offer once they had a firm delivery date but if it's not in the same ballpark then I'll consider whether to try selling privately via the forum or one of the, now many, buying sites.  If you've got a P/Ex offer from the dealer it might be worth asking them to revisit it when you get a delivery date if your motor has gone up in value.  It certainly looks like my deal will be a couple of grand cheaper than I expected in May.

Agree with the above. £12.5 k offered for mine back at the start of May which was a reasonable offer at the time. New car being picked up 11 Oct so shopped around for a better price for mine. Best was £16.2 k from the Ford dealer I bought the car from. Skoda dealer couldn't match so ST going to the Ford dealer. 

Good used cars are making excellent money and dealers seem desperate for stock. 

• Like 1

Arrived today. No obvious build quality issues, but unfortunately a number of scratches where it looks like the dealer polished it with a rock.

Theres also a weird pumping / vibration resonance with the ignition on. It seems to drive fine so assuming that's normal!

23 hours ago, Patent said:

Arrived today. No obvious build quality issues, but unfortunately a number of scratches where it looks like the dealer polished it with a rock.

Theres also a weird pumping / vibration resonance with the ignition on. It seems to drive fine so assuming that's normal!

it seems to be an all to common problem, scratches and swirl marks on new cars after dealer prep.

some buyers tell the dealer to keep the protective wrappings on the car  and dont wash it, then you can remove the wrapping yourself for inspection before paying them.

Hope the long wait was worth it though,  just been quoted today  7 1/2 months wait  for a new superb sportline diesel, 

Think i'll still order the car though,  as did'nt want it till march anyway, so only an extra couple of months, but it would.nt surprise  me if 7  1/2 months is a bit optimistic  😂

VW’s Skoda may halt production due to chip shortage

Company says reduction or stoppage of car-making will last until the end of the year

According to The Irish Times HERE

The gist is that they are considering not starting new builds until they can complete the part built ones that are awaiting chips,  Also mentions end of 2022 before they think the problems will recede.  Not good news for anyone who has recently ordered a new Skoda I  wouldn't have thought.

It makes more sense.

Their current approach is to part-build and the cars go into storage until the bits arrive. The wait will be the same, but they don't have the additional cost and logistics of retrieving cars, fitting the extra bits and going through a second round of Quality control?

Bit of an update:

V5 now arrived, car reg 30 sep. Going to dealers tomorrow to collect. 

ST sold back to Ford dealer yesterday for £16.2 as they agreed 3 weeks ago. Ford having similar issues with incomplete builds. Salesman has new Audi which was delivered last week but only one key - to save on microchips. 2nd key to arrive later. 

Will let you know if the Superb estate iV comes complete! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry57 said:

ST sold back to Ford dealer yesterday for £16.2 as they agreed 3 weeks ago. Ford having similar issues with incomplete builds. Salesman has new Audi which was delivered last week but only one key - to save on microchips. 2nd key to arrive later. 

Crikey…….are Skoda doing this too - I like to know there’s a spare available?

15 minutes ago, Berisford said:

Crikey…….are Skoda doing this too - I like to know there’s a spare available?

Got 3 keys with my car delivered in July

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picked up the new iV from Gt Yarmouth today so enjoyed the 90 mile journey home. Proper printed handbook. Woo hoo.  3 keys. 

Now charging from the 3 pin socket in the garage. 

However, isn't it complicated? The ST I sold : jump in, hit the starter and blast off. In the iV? Still not used to the screen, no engine noise.

Nice car, though and excellent service from the dealership. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry57 said:

Picked up the new iV from Gt Yarmouth today so enjoyed the 90 mile journey home. Proper printed handbook. Woo hoo.  3 keys. 

However, isn't it complicated? The ST I sold : jump in, hit the starter and blast off. In the iV? Still not used to the screen, no engine noise.

i'd imagine the superb is a totally different car to drive than the focus st, should be a lot more comfortable and no engine noise probably seems strange till you get used to it.

Good to hear your happy with the dealer,  i've just ordered a superb  from them and will probably  collect but it's a  400 mile or so trip for me  😂 and great yarmouth is a bit awkward to get to as well

i could get them to drive the car to stansted airport, as flights from glasgow  can be had for under £30 , just not keen on an unknown driving my brand new car for 100 miles or so  😂 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 18:44, Jerry57 said:

I'm waiting on my Superb from Gt Yarmouth too, build week was (allegedly) 29 so based on your experience I'm around 6 weeks to go...........

Edited by Berisford
  • Like 1