Delivery Delays

Just got a call from the dealer: my car is expected to arrive this week, collection on Wednesday next week.

Ordered end of August 2021, build completed on February 18th 2022 and now nearly here in the UK 😀

35 minutes ago, Nomaddictas said:

Wow, I see there are some relatively hasty deliveries. I am glad for you guys, I just hope I won't be that one to wait 12 months+. 😕

Hopefully you won't.  I think 6-9 months seems typical - mine is 9 months (ordered July, eta next week), and that was an L&K with a couple of options.

1 hour ago, Nomaddictas said:

Wow, I see there are some relatively hasty deliveries. I am glad for you guys, I just hope I won't be that one to wait 12 months+. 😕

48 minutes ago, Shirleyp said:

Still no news on mine, over 10 months now

What did you both order?

Asking only because I wanted another estate again, but the order was declined, and I had to have hatchback instead.  My lease broker said they were rejecting estate orders for "unknown reasons".  I assumed it was because of  (even more) abnormal delivery times.

Edited by Mikeworcs
correction

53 minutes ago, Mikeworcs said:

Hopefully you won't.  I think 6-9 months seems typical - mine is 9 months (ordered July, eta next week), and that was an L&K with a couple of options.

Same here, an iV L&K estate with couple of options.

8 minutes ago, Mikeworcs said:

What did you both order?

Asking only because I wanted another estate again, but the order was declined, and I had to have hatchback instead.  My lease broker said they were rejecting estate orders for "unknown reasons".  I assumed it was because of  (even more) abnormal delivery times.

I ordered 280PS black L&K hatchback with all optional extras except for black roof lining and sunroof.

Edited by Nomaddictas

i got a call today, my  car has arrived at dealers this morning, it's now waiting for a  pdi, she said it wont be done this week but probably next week, then she gave me the usual bull$hit about they are really busy, they just got a large delivery of new cars all waiting for pdi, but i will put you at the top of the list   😀😀😀 

so  not ready to collect for almost another 2 weeks.

but i cant complain, ordered mid october 21,  so 5 month wait is fairly quick 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mikeworcs said:

What did you both order?

it is a company car, 2.00 tdi DSG SEL estate. Petrol blue, towbar and rear view camer are the only extras

Got my 280 L&K estate last week, ordered end of May - I’ve only been able to look at it so far and can’t drive it for another 3 weeks - had a minor stroke / hospital admission two days before delivery.

Ordered mine end of August, delivered end of February and finally cleared all the paperwork to collect it two days ago. 2.0 diesel estate (150 PS), DSG7, premium package (style + add ons) with some extras (lava blue colour, rear camera, sport suspension and progressive steering, sport heated steering wheel...). It has pretty much most of things apart from complete leather package, sunroof and 360 camera.

It seems they prioritise models with more extras than basic ones, for what it matters.

iV could be a problem because VW in general stopped deliveries of hybrid models couple of days ago.

After waiting almost 11 months I have just had an update, car is now in stock and will be delivered to my house on Monday 14th march.

a bi5 of a shame that it will be a 71 plate

happy days 

13 minutes ago, Shirleyp said:

After waiting almost 11 months I have just had an update, car is now in stock and will be delivered to my house on Monday 14th march.

a bi5 of a shame that it will be a 71 plate

happy days 

71 plate, delivered 2 weeks into March?

How come, what's the back story there?

I have just checked on DVLA website, car was registered on 31sr January.

not much I can do about it as it is leased by employer

TBH not really bothered, the important thing to me is I m getting the car.

On 08/03/2022 at 22:08, 310golfr said:

i got a call today, my  car has arrived at dealers this morning, it's now waiting for a  pdi, she said it wont be done this week but probably next week, then she gave me the usual bull$hit about they are really busy, they just got a large delivery of new cars all waiting for pdi, but i will put you at the top of the list   😀😀😀 

so  not ready to collect for almost another 2 weeks.

but i cant complain, ordered mid october 21,  so 5 month wait is fairly quick 

A dealer does not get a large delivery of new cars that they were not expecting, they would have seen the status of delivery (for each of the cars) at ship, and dockside.

They might not have known the exact hour that the transporter would turn up, but from what you say it seems the salesperson forgot to book slots in the workshop to do PDI before they turned up.   They should have known how many days ahead their workshop is booking up for.   So in my opinion it is pretty slapdash to delay PDI for 2 weeks.  They need to explain why they have more new cars booked than their workshop can process within a reasonable time.

@SurreyJohn  That is mainly true but not completely.

Some Depots / Dealerships are prepping, Emergency Services, Fleet vehicles, NHS / Local Authority ones etc. 

Large quantity of deliveries and among those ones for Motability Customers and private individuals.

Take Scotland largest dealership groups and actually the transporters might deliver to Edinburgh for cars going to Glasgow and then the prep might get done and cars driven the 55 miles or so then the 'In transit' changed at the hand over dealership. 

Or they might go on local transporters and then be distributed.

Covid changed much and PDI's and qualified staff not off work in one area but no staff in others, Plug in and EV qualified staff and the likes. 

Lots of cars arrive and are registered then head south to spend their days til the end of the lease or forever.

The person on a phone might be full of BS but not always. 

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

On 09/03/2022 at 09:48, Berisford said:

Got my 280 L&K estate last week, ordered end of May - I’ve only been able to look at it so far and can’t drive it for another 3 weeks - had a minor stroke / hospital admission two days before delivery.

I hope you make a full recovery soon.

Enjoy your new car when the time comes 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

A dealer does not get a large delivery of new cars that they were not expecting, they would have seen the status of delivery (for each of the cars) at ship, and dockside.

They might not have known the exact hour that the transporter would turn up, but from what you say it seems the salesperson forgot to book slots in the workshop to do PDI before they turned up.   They should have known how many days ahead their workshop is booking up for.   So in my opinion it is pretty slapdash to delay PDI for 2 weeks.  They need to explain why they have more new cars booked than their workshop can process within a reasonable time.

yes, 2 weeks did seem a bit long to have to wait for a pdi,  i remember her saying before that  it's normally about  3 days for a car to get pdi,  however she did get  back to me and we have arranged pick up for end of next week,

and to be fair to her, if she was under pressure because of too many cars waiting for pdi's  or whatever, she did'nt need to tell me my car had arrived with them, as i'd never have known.

i've never pushed them for any info about when i would get my car, but they have always kept me informed .

• Like 1

Rang the dealer on Friday as he told me that the car would be built this week.  First of  all why am I having to ring them, anyhow, he now tells me that there may be more delays because of the situation in Ukraine  ,this is really beginning to **** me off.  I ordered my car over 30 weeks ago in July and was told delivery by Christmas, no word from the dealer so I rang them in November and was told it would be February/March , then I was told it was going to be built this week and be here at the end of March.  Rang another dealer today just to see and he said 30 weeks lead time.  What to do ? Cancel and look elsewhere , Kia/ Hyundai  perhaps , or just sit and hope. I know it’s my decision but any thoughts welcome! 

40 minutes ago, JamesETheFirst said:

Rang the dealer on Friday as he told me that the car would be built this week.  First of  all why am I having to ring them, anyhow, he now tells me that there may be more delays because of the situation in Ukraine  ,this is really beginning to **** me off.  I ordered my car over 30 weeks ago in July and was told delivery by Christmas, no word from the dealer so I rang them in November and was told it would be February/March , then I was told it was going to be built this week and be here at the end of March.  Rang another dealer today just to see and he said 30 weeks lead time.  What to do ? Cancel and look elsewhere , Kia/ Hyundai  perhaps , or just sit and hope. I know it’s my decision but any thoughts welcome! 

If they can really confirm it is going to be built this week then I would have thought it would be sensible to sit tight.

Once the car is built you can get a VIN for the car and that really confirms it.

2 hours ago, JamesETheFirst said:

Tell them you're going to cancel the order because you can't wait any longer, and not having a firm date is going to cause you problems and you need certainty.  With the potential to lose a sale, they may stop spinning you a yarn and start doing something to get you a concrete date.  I ordered mine (L&K hatch with options) last July, and it's in transit to the dealer with reg number already known.  I did imply once or twice that I was impatient and "looking at my options", but mine is a lease, not a personal purchase.

Edited by Mikeworcs

Finally, after placing the order mid-July, it's being delivered to me next Wednesday.  8 months from order to delivery.  9, if I count the 4 week delay in actually in getting the order processed.

On 17/03/2022 at 19:00, Mikeworcs said:

Finally, after placing the order mid-July, it's being delivered to me next Wednesday.  8 months from order to delivery.  9, if I count the 4 week delay in actually in getting the order processed.

Mine is on its way across Germany by train , then onto England and me hopefully, still not convinced it’s on its way though , we shall see.  

• Like 1

I received my superb sel, 2.00tdi last week. It was 11months since being ordered.

car is great, DSG has took a bit of getting used to.

I was expecting the retractable towbar like my last superb, it came with a removable, not the end of the world.