Drivers Seat Memory

I have recently purchased a Skoda Superb MK3 L&K 66 plate. The issue I am having is with the drivers seat & mirrors not changing position when switching profiles. I have assigned the profile to a key etc. So when I unlock the car it states the correct name. But the seat does not move into position if my partner has used the car. I have tried manually switching between profiles under the car menu and a message says adjusting seat but nothing moves. I have read countless forums regarding this and taking the seat to limits of each adjustment which I have done countless times. When I adjust the seat and then press the Set button then number 1 I don't get a bong like the manual says I should.

I have scanned it with OBD Eleven and have a few errors under drivers seat relating to lumbar. Please below for error codes that are scanned.

I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on why it isn't working. I have some to the conclusion it might be a faulty seat controller. But this looks like it will be a dealer only repair to set the limits.

Hopefully someone can help. 

36 Driver Seat

System description: Sitzmemory
    Software number: 5Q0959760F
    Software version: 0026
    Hardware number: 5Q0959760F
    Hardware version: H10
    Serial number: Y0007THO36964
    ODX name: EV_SeatMemorDriveSide
    ODX version: 002022
    Long coding: 001000000000000001A481808080000000008181000000F400

Trouble codes:
        B135254 - Lumbar support fore/aft adjustment motor No basic setting
            static
        B135154 - Lumbar support height adjustment motor No basic setting
            static
        B200500 - Data record invalid
            static
        B201000 - No basic setting
            static

I had this error too before. This cannot be done by OBDEleven/VCDS and so on. It is needed to write a parametrization file for Superb/Octavia (same file). After this the basic settings can be done correctly. 

@SashaGrace Interesting about how new the controller is. How can you tell the age of it? There were a few more errors on it to begin with but I ran the norming in OBD Eleven and it moved the seat etc and it moved lumbar but the lumbar errors didn't go like the others.

@Krosta is this a dealer only job then? I wonder if someone has replaced the controller then realised it needs programming in by dealer and then didn't bother.

Is there a way to test the Set & 1 , 2 , 3 buttons are working with OBD Eleven?

My friend had the same problem. The unit was not working correctly, bought a new one and want me to get it working for him. All was working, only basic settings for lumbar motors was not working. I didn't know what to do. After that my friend told me, that the problem is in the unit itself. Parametrization of these two motors is different for each project (don't know it exactly), for example Octavia and Superb have the same parametrization. 

I don't have the file, so can't help you with that unfortunately. 

About the test of the buttons, not sure. I know, that you can see temperatures of the motors and we almost destroyed the motors for lumbar part. With the wrong parametrization the unit doesn't have the correct end-points and motors are trying to get to the end - still trying to run if you are holding the button. We got temperature around 65 celsius. 

I think, that there could be people with VCP and maybe have the correct file. I think, that dealer can do it, but not sure about that, because it is not done like classic parametrization (online), it is needed to get the file and upload it to the unit via ODIS. That is my experience.

My seat memory function had failed about 2 yrs back.

Mine is MY17.

It's common, known to happen when they're pushed to their extremes.

As others have mentioned above - u either do a software update to the seat controller module.

Or u replace it, which is wat my dealer did to mine, under warranty.

Also, as @SashaGracementioned - that a mighty new controller version (F) number for an MY16, or it's the wrong controller.

maybe urs was faulty before U got it and they replaced it, but with the wrong version for the Superb.

Haven't had any issues since then.

Previously my seat controller was:-

SW: 5Q0 959 760 B

HW: 5Q0 959 760 B

Now it is:-

SW: 5Q0 959 760 C    

HW: 5Q0 959 760 C

Edited by JR RS

@JR RS thanks for this so the letter at the end of the hardware number (F) means how new the controller is? I might ring the dealer to get what the part number should be.

Like you and @SashaGrace have mentioned the controller may have been replaced with the wrong one or not been programmed with the correct parameterization file as @Krosta mentioned.

Yes, the number in most cases mans how the new controller is, because it is going like in alphabetical order. In my case, I had in my car index A and now I have index F.

So far my experience is that every unit, with the same part number, with only different index, is going to work. Example is the seat unit. Index F is going to work in car, where was index A before, because it is just an "upgrade/replacement".

I would say, that it was not only programmed with the correct parametrization file. Like I wrote, this exact same problem got my friend in his Superb - after parametrization it is working correctly.

Looking online, 5Q0 959 760 F seems to be from 2020/21 cars, at a guess, it should have 5Q0 959 760 A?

A dealer or garage who have ODIS and an online subscription should be able to parameterise the module. Although I'm sure I've heard rumours that it can only do modules that are 'allowed' so I'm not sure if an F rev is officially supported on a 2016 car.

Otherwise, a VCP user might be able to help - but it depends what parameter files they have access to :)

@Krosta Did you have to have the controller replaced at some point? As people are saying that the letter (F) indicates a newer controller.

@Krosta Did you have to have the controller replaced at some point? As people are saying that the letter (F) indicates a newer controller.

I had this and if you search within the forum you will find my entry for it. Essentially the batteries had reduced in charge on all Kessy keyfobs and the system got confused as to which key was in use so set a flag within the controller which stopped the seats and mirrors moving.

The dealer, after a lot of head scratching, worked this out. Take all three key fobs with you, get them to replace the batteries and then the dealer should be able to reset whatever flag was unset. This will bring the seat/mirror module back into use. I did find afterwards that the foot operated boot closing override has disappeared from the menu and may or may not be related. I never used that override so not too bothered.

Of course the dealer may find it is something else but that is my experience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot to everyone. It turns out the seat controller was replaced by the garage who sold me it. They didn't code it in to the car. Its been coded now and all works fine

• Like 1