Axle stand positions

On 08/05/2021 at 16:27, AGFalco said:

2 very surprising points in this video!

1st point: Use an alloy wheel as a back-up???? :blink: This guy has really too much money! The large pieces of wood in the sealey guide is a much better idea!

2nd point: tightening the wheel screws in a row 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 is not the state of the art from a dully qualified mechanic. Rather use 1 / 3 / 5 / 2 / 4 for a better centering and to be sure the the wheel is correctly pressed against the brake disc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bap33 said:

2nd point: tightening the wheel screws in a row 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 is not the state of the art from a dully qualified mechanic. Rather use 1 / 3 / 5 / 2 / 4 for a better centering and to be sure the the wheel is correctly pressed against the brake disc.

+1

never to up the nuts in that sequence - 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 !!!

likewise when un-doing the nuts.

i always use the star-shape pattern, as u've pointed out.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the guy in the video has never actually done anything on a car save for changing the wheel.

When working on the suspension the last place you want the stand is under the suspension . . .

• 4 months later...

@The1effect - i was wondering why the underbelly of ur car looked very different to mine, including the wheel-arch liner where it meets the underbelly.......then i noticed ur profile says u have a 2016 Octavia SE L.

sorry - i don't know where the axle point r on the mk3 Octavia.

u should ask the question in the mk3 Octavia forum.

this is how it looks, close-up, on the mk3 Superb......

jack_06.thumb.jpg.f83e36ab244188acc2be05692860f61f.jpg 

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1