I bought a Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI 2010 model today. DPF warning light has come on.

You will need to get underneath, unplug the brown one, find where it’s going to and hey presto, remove the sensor.

As the sensor is broken anyway i would recommend clipping the wire with pliers and getting a 17mm open end ratchet spanner, there is a little bit of sleeve before the sensor, clip the wire right before that unless you have something that can clip through steel/aluminium whatever it is

you will know what i mean when you’re underneath and why i clipped the wiring

Hi. I am having difficulty describing the sensor required to the parts place I usually get my parts from. They are saying there are three sensors, two by the DPF and one by the turbo. Now the one I have replaced pics earlier in the thread was the wrong one according to the autoelectrician.

Does this brown plug number 3 sensor before the DPF replace this orange end one or go alongside it? I am asking as the parts place have my reg number and are saying the part I need is the exhaust gas temperature sensor. The autoelectrician says its the DPF temperature sensor. He says its very similar to the exhaust gas temperature sensor.

If I put the part number in ebay as advised in previous posts something totally different to the above comes up. 

I am out of my depth here I know, I just want the right part so I know I have corrected all issues before selling it on.

Thanks for your help everyone. 

6 minutes ago, Faz02 said:

Hi. I am having difficulty describing the sensor required to the parts place I usually get my parts from. They are saying there are three sensors, two by the DPF and one by the turbo. Now the one I have replaced pics earlier in the thread was the wrong one according to the autoelectrician.

Does this brown plug number 3 sensor before the DPF replace this orange end one or go alongside it? I am asking as the parts place have my reg number and are saying the part I need is the exhaust gas temperature sensor. The autoelectrician says its the DPF temperature sensor. He says its very similar to the exhaust gas temperature sensor.

If I put the part number in ebay as advised in previous posts something totally different to the above comes up. 

I am out of my depth here I know, I just want the right part so I know I have corrected all issues before selling it on.

Thanks for your help everyone. 

The brown plug leads to an EGT sensor which reads the exhaust temperature before it goes through the DPF, if you read the ‘DPF inlet temperature’ using an OBD scanner it will read 999 degrees celsius. That’s the error your ECU is reading and what the Glowplug engine management light will be on for. 

bare in mind i had the exact same issue as yourself and i have fixed it. 

will edit with a screenshot of my odb reading from when i had the problem. 😁

Edited by Cozza89

Brilliant thanks.

If I take that part number you mentioned to my parts place they should be able to order it? So the brown plug leads to the one I need to replace?

Did you diagnose the issue yourself before fixing it? Thanks 

1 hour ago, Faz02 said:

Brilliant thanks.

If I take that part number you mentioned to my parts place they should be able to order it? So the brown plug leads to the one I need to replace?

Did you diagnose the issue yourself before fixing it? Thanks 

Yes, brand new will be rather expensive, hence why I went with second hand. Buy from skoda or ebay is my advice. I bought mine from ebay. VW Caddy. Brown plug. Yes the brown plug leads to the sensor you need to replace. All EGT sensor are the same. or most. They all are L shaped with an aluminium sleeve. 

I did the diagnosing myself, with a little help locating bank 1 sensor 3 from briskoda - as always. 

The exact one i bought and fitted;

03L906088BK

Brown plug. VW Caddy. Attached photos. spacer.png

Also if you have an ODB scanner to hand , please check your DPF input gas temperature as below, if it reads a ridiculous temperature it’s 1000% the same error i had (not that i’m already certain it is). spacer.png

Hi. I've replaced the brown sensor which is not accessible easily. 

I am still getting a yellow light on the dashboard. I attach pictures. 

Where does the black plug sensor go? Do i need to replace the orange sensor? There are two slots. 

My mechanic has said the diagram showing the DPF doesn't correlate with my engine?

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

20211030_091641.jpg

20211030_091654.jpg

20211008_161825.jpg

20211023_131727.jpg