Does anyone sell the new VRS cheaper online?

Whilst I am not best pleased with my stealer at the moment.....

Mine was £17.5k but that included Xenons, 18's, Race Blue Metallic and a Lifeshine treatment.

which I did not think was to shabby

You could see if the Irish Specced cars would interest you. I posted the price a while back (the spec is a lot better than UK). I'm sure we could put you in contact with a dealer if you were interested ;) .

am getting my OCTAVIA 2.0T FSI VRS,from motorpoint, orderd it 28th march pick it up 17may.. cost 14,614 on the road,, dont think i did to bad, its come with pearlisd paint,jumbo box,electric rear window..... frm dizzy blonde

am getting my OCTAVIA 2.0T FSI VRS,from motorpoint, orderd it 28th march pick it up 17may.. cost 14,614 on the road,, dont think i did to bad, its come with pearlisd paint,jumbo box,electric rear window..... frm dizzy blonde

check your spare wheel fits when you get it!!!!!

I think I'm right in thinking WRC Ant works for a Skoda dealer. This stuff about spare wheels not fitting and the like is nonsense. These are the same cars made on the same production line. I can't imagine they have a special part of the production line where they they put the wrong spare wheel in! This sounds like pure scare-mongering from the dealer network to put people off getting a real bargain.

If you can source a vRS at the Motorpoint price (even taking into the account the shorter warranty and no breakdown cover) you'd be mad not to.

Good luck with your car Jennny.

try dealdrivers.co.uk....think they are around the DTD mark if not a tad cheaper!

IMO id only ever buy a UK car not just because of the fact that whatever saving you make on the new price you'll more than lose when you come to re-sale:thumbdwn: ..let alone all the other niggly little things which you'll encounter only when you've bought an imported car.

best of luck wherever you decide to buy from!

I have twice traded in imported cars (both full UK spec or above with certificate of conformity) and have not been penalised, in fact I don't think I was even asked if the car was an import.

Can I go to Ireland, buy a Occty vRS and bring it back home. Will I have to pay any Tax/Vat or just re-register it???????????????????

Can anyone offer an accurate response to this?

Considering a vRS Estate in Race Blue Metallic

Thanks

Just tried to order a new vRS this morning from my local dealer with quite a few extras. How much discount off list???? £500!!! Said they only have £1125 profit in it and he can't give it all away. I offered there and then to sign up and pay deposit if he put a good deal on the table but nope. Let me walk.

so back to the drawing board of trying to find a dealer who wants the business.

Any ideas???

Brooklyn Skoda in Rugby offered me a metallic Octavia vRS for £16250, this was over the phone (after quoting the Drive The Deal price) and took about 20 seconds to come up with the price.

Hope this helps.

Jenny - before you get your Skoda from Motorpoint check the headlights. Mine and at least one other I know of came set for daytime running so you can never turn them off. You might want to talk to them about this before you collect and it there is a problem get them to sort it out. If you do talk to them Id be interested to know what they say

I guess will have to go to my Skoda dealer and get reporgrammed....

thanks. am gonna ring thm mon for the reg plate numba, so ill ask them about the headlights... and as for the spare wheel not fitting very funny......ha ha.i might be blonde but am not that dozy....

Can I go to Ireland, buy a Occty vRS and bring it back home. Will I have to pay any Tax/Vat or just re-register it???????????????????

As far as I know you'd just have to pay the UK VAT @ 17.5%. I'm not sure what the story is regarding the VRT here ie is it not added to the car price for non Irish people. If you want PM me and I can give you someone to contact, They could possibly give you more information than I could.

I think the price including the UK VAT was about 20445 Euro (so convert that to Stg).

I think I'm right in thinking WRC Ant works for a Skoda dealer. This stuff about spare wheels not fitting and the like is nonsense. These are the same cars made on the same production line. I can't imagine they have a special part of the production line where they they put the wrong spare wheel in! This sounds like pure scare-mongering from the dealer network to put people off getting a real bargain.

If you can source a vRS at the Motorpoint price (even taking into the account the shorter warranty and no breakdown cover) you'd be mad not to.

Good luck with your car Jennny.

We had a guy phone up on Friday who'd picked his Oct vRS from Motorpoint.

Had a puncture - tried to put his spare wheel on - car supplied with a 15" spare wheel - wouldn't clear the calipers.

Call it scaremongering if you want but I'd be pretty upset, to put it politely, if it happened to me.

Also if you've got a Motorpoint car don't be surprised when you come to part with it if the residual price is not quite what you were expecting.

Dealers may not always be perfect but suicidal, we are not.

Had a puncture - tried to put his spare wheel on - car supplied with a 15" spare wheel - wouldn't clear the calipers.

Call it scaremongering if you want but I'd be pretty upset' date=' to put it politely, if it happened to me.

Also if you've got a Motorpoint car don't be surprised when you come to part with it if the residual price is not quite what you were expecting.

Dealers may not always be perfect but suicidal, we are not.[/quote']

I picked up my car from Motorpoint last week. My spare is a 16" and not 15" - although I have to say I haven't fitted it yet to test it - guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?

Not sure about you're comments on the residuals. My Clio 172 came from Motorpoint (4.5 years ago) and is an import. All the part ex quotes I've had from dealers match the UK version - so I really don't think it matters.

Even if there is a hit come trade-in/sale when you're paying £3.5K less for the car new - who cares??? It's a no brainer really!!!

ok guys il check the spare wheel. i wont be driving off until iv checkd everything....... 6yrs ago i paid 10.000 for a octavia 1.6 lxi,,, 8wks ago horners salford offerd me 1.800.... trade in with motorpoint 1,800, so i dont think it matters.. depreciation is still poo.... import or not.. iv saved some dosh so am happy..

Call it scaremongering if you want but I'd be pretty upset' date=' to put it politely, if it happened to me.

Dealers may not always be perfect but suicidal, we are not.[/quote']

OK, I bow to greater knowledge on this one. However the car has a two year Skoda warranty and therefore I guess Skoda will sort out these problems?

Dan