New vRS - boot floor and servicing

Hi all

I had a mk2 vRS a few years ago and have recently ordered a new one!

I have a new vRS estate on order and there are a couple of things I can't seem to find in brochures, manuals etc...

I've added the variable boot floor - does this just give you a level floor with storage underneath?  I've seen pics of SEL models that look to have a bar / divider as well?

What is the service schedule?  I know oil and filter will be variable but can't find anything on DSG oil, spark plugs etc.

Thanks

16 hours ago, blank said:

Hi all

I had a mk2 vRS a few years ago and have recently ordered a new one!

I have a new vRS estate on order and there are a couple of things I can't seem to find in brochures, manuals etc...

I've added the variable boot floor - does this just give you a level floor with storage underneath?  I've seen pics of SEL models that look to have a bar / divider as well?

What is the service schedule?  I know oil and filter will be variable but can't find anything on DSG oil, spark plugs etc.

Thanks

Hi, re. the vaiiable boot floor - yes for the storage underneath, there's a fair amount of space - plenty of room for roof-bars, tow-ropes and tools. I've not seen the divider, although some owners place an additional timber support underneath it as the floor has a max load rating of approx. 80KG in the raised position.

@blank  I take it you mean a PHEV vRS and not a 2.0TSI vRS.

You had best ask Skoda or a Salesperson that can ask someone that knows the answer about the actual servicing and can the 1.4 TSI be on variable servicing & it is not necessary for it to be on Fixed Oil Changes.

Best ask about the e-DSG that they use and is it maintenance / oil change free.    

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/494638-octavia-iv-phev-servicing

6 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

Hi, re. the vaiiable boot floor - yes for the storage underneath, there's a fair amount of space - plenty of room for roof-bars, tow-ropes and tools. I've not seen the divider, although some owners place an additional timber support underneath it as the floor has a max load rating of approx. 80KG in the raised position.

Thanks, sounds the same as my current Leon estate.  Not sure if it has a weight limit but I have had 150kg + of gravel on it before without issues.

13 hours ago, blank said:

Thanks, sounds the same as my current Leon estate.  Not sure if it has a weight limit but I have had 150kg + of gravel on it before without issues.

You're probably pushing your luck with that sort of weight on the floor in raised position - one owner recently reported his had collapsed with approx. 200KG loaded on it! 

I'm never sure why people want a raised floor, yes it makes it level-ish, but I can't see any circumstances where I wouldn't rather just have a larger boot with a less bendy floor. Had the variable floor for 2 years and always left it down. 

Variofloors aint bendy and no way would they collapse with only 200kg on them.

I once squeezed 40 rolls of Muraspec in my MK1 weighing 800kg more than half of which would have been directly over the variofloor, another time it was 6 fire doors, it was full of cement and ballast bags, bricks etc on multiple other occasions.

The variofloors are 3/4" plywood and span less than 1 metre.

People want the variofloors to store stuff underneath, I have to be totally self sufficient in this country so its not just breakdown tools & spares for the car that are carried in the void, I have a sleeping bag, gore tex bivvi bag, goretex foul weather gear, folding shovel etc, if you get caught in a snowdrift you may only be 15k max from towns but may not see anybody for days. A level loading floor is pretty essential when you are regularly carrying building materials.

11 hours ago, J.R. said:

People want the variofloors to store stuff underneath

A level loading floor is pretty essential when you are regularly carrying building materials.

Second both of those - underneath the variofloor we keep all the shopping bags, emergency lights, etc. so the actual boot space is clear and ready for bags of mortar, compost, etc.

Edited by PetrolDave

15 hours ago, Dr_Pepper said:

I'm never sure why people want a raised floor, yes it makes it level-ish, but I can't see any circumstances where I wouldn't rather just have a larger boot with a less bendy floor. Had the variable floor for 2 years and always left it down. 

I have it on my Passat and my incoming Octavia SEL. Circumstances where it helps are when putting in large items but not necessarily heavy items, if it's a two person lift then it helps to not have to also raise it above the boot lip to get it back out. Also better for the dog getting in and out of the car. Likewise, when grabbing somewhere to sit to have a coffee after being out walking, the boot popped open and a flat floor is so much more comfortable than one in the lower position.

Its something I would not do without now and limits my choice of vehicles, my last 2 (Octy2 and Yeti) didn't have them but it was dead cheap and easy to convert ones from MK1 Octavia estates in scrapyards, the width and lengths are identical albeit the Yeti only uses 2 of the 3 sections.

The hardest part was choosing which of the "essential" items that had found their way into their over the years I had to go without in the Yeti having lost 1/3 of the previous volume.

I took a leaf out of my neighbours book and bought 2 plastic storage boxes of the right height & width which are now stuffed with all the small items and can be lifted out easily for retrieval in good light.

My vehicles have always been a work base as well as a means of transport but here I have the extra requirement of self sufficiency.