Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

Placed my order end of Sept, in December had to modify the order (skoda discontiued extras) spoke to dealer today who told me they have been advised of delays to VRS of upto 52 weeks - presumably new orders. Still dont have a build date so have called it a day and cancelled my order. Will revisit once the supply situation calms down, then again Audi RS3 for pretty much the same price..... might just switch queues

• Crying 3

If you think the wait for a kodiaq is bad just be glad you didn't order a land cruiser...   Apparently any ordered now will take four years to deliver!!! 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Voyager220v said:

Placed my order end of Sept, in December had to modify the order (skoda discontiued extras) spoke to dealer today who told me they have been advised of delays to VRS of upto 52 weeks - presumably new orders. Still dont have a build date so have called it a day and cancelled my order. Will revisit once the supply situation calms down, then again Audi RS3 for pretty much the same price..... might just switch queues

52 weeks!!!!!!! That’s shocking. I have also ordered a VRS, but end of November. Provisional build mid February….wonder if that’s hopeful thinking!? Did you manage to get your deposit back cancelling your order?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaXX2020 said:

I have also ordered a VRS, but end of November. Provisional build mid February….wonder if that’s hopeful thinking!?

Also ordered a VRS, early October, only winter and sleep packs added and no word of a build date 🤨

14 minutes ago, Bob-Crusoe said:

Also ordered a VRS, early October, only winter and sleep packs added and no word of a build date 🤨

That’s poor isn’t it! What was provisional build week? Or has that never been mentioned. I’ve only ordered panoramic room and the electric towbar. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaXX2020 said:

That’s poor isn’t it! What was provisional build week? Or has that never been mentioned. I’ve only ordered panoramic room and the electric towbar. 

No provisional build week either, originally told it would be 2 months before provisional date would be communicated but it will soon be 4 months and still nothing. Dealer has kept in touch however although I think they are in the dark as much as the customers. I’m now hoping that, like has happened with some others on this forum, the car arrives before a build date is confirmed! My p/x price is good for another two months but I’d rather know now if it’s not going to be here by then. Skoda podcast a couple of months ago suggested they’d have structured allocation comms up and running by end of December but it’s obviously not happened. Using this forum to plot everyone’s journey/experience and at least a couple of the guys who’ve been waiting longest are getting some good news. 

24 minutes ago, Bob-Crusoe said:

Using this forum to plot everyone’s journey/experience and at least a couple of the guys who’ve been waiting longest are getting some good news. 

And a couple of us would like any kind of news 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Voyager220v said:

how strange. Only extra that was changed was the family pack, but it was only a switch change. All other extras are being honoured that were ordered pre December. Anything after fell onto the revised specs.  Also, delivery isn’t 52 weeks for the VRS. Me thinks the dealer is talking crap…. Find a different one

8 minutes ago, roottoot said:

If newer cars around you or in front have them and for some reason they are enabled you will be going no faster than them. 

No... But I'd rather not have to kick down every time I exceed the limit, or have chimes and warnings every time.

And we also know, also, that the sign recognition and GPS is hardly faultless, I'd rather not have a car that decides to slow to 50 in a 70 of its own accord.

And what do you "for some reason they're enabled"? It will be enabled as a mandatory measure for every new car sold as of July.

• Haha 1

I know what it is all about.  Some people will just have to grin and bear it if they drive company / lease cars or fleet cars that are changed every couple or three years because they are getting them and other stuff they might not like.

They will not be restricting anyone to only 10 mph over the UK NSL's.  

Those with keepers that like exceeding speed limits might just have to keep risking it for a biscuit as they do now. 

Future of transport regulatory review_ modernising vehicle standards - GOV.UK (1).mhtml

Screenshot 2022-01-22 19.05.33.jpg

Edited by roottoot

1 minute ago, roottoot said:

Some people will just have to grin and bear it if they drive company / lease cars or fleet cars that are changed every couple or three years because they are getting them and other stuff they might not like.

Exactly why I want mine built, I don't lease or fleet and I won't be changing.

• Like 1

You will just be in the same boat as others where if caught exceeding speed limits there will be proper penalties getting imposed by courts.

The days of excessive speed on UK roads will soon be getting proper legislation.    

I can say this now as i am back to 6 points away from a ban rather than the 3 i have been on.

24 minutes ago, roottoot said:

You will just be in the same boat as others where if caught exceeding speed limits there will be proper penalties getting imposed by courts.

The days of excessive speed on UK roads will soon be getting proper legislation.    

I can say this now as i am back to 6 points away from a ban rather than the 3 i have been on.

Where did you find any Police to catch you? 🤣

Not on the many roads about with average speed cameras, it was a camera van on a flyover or parked just around a bend or at the only long stretch where it was possible to get passed slow moving vehicles. 

Its years since i got nabbed by a police officer with a radar gun but they are still about. 

11 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

?

Base price is north of £54k...

This was re price VRS vs RS3.

My spec Kodiak VRS was 52k, the base Audi RS3 is 54.5k - within 2.5k of each other in cost, hence my "pretty much the same price".

11 hours ago, JaXX2020 said:

52 weeks!!!!!!! That’s shocking. I have also ordered a VRS, but end of November. Provisional build mid February….wonder if that’s hopeful thinking!? Did you manage to get your deposit back cancelling your order?

Thats what the dealer said, I have no way of validating it. Without a build week then any numbers you get are just made up imo, even if you have a build week its not a guarentee but personaly I would be happier than non at all.

2 hours ago, jon_r said:

how strange. Only extra that was changed was the family pack, but it was only a switch change. All other extras are being honoured that were ordered pre December. Anything after fell onto the revised specs.  Also, delivery isn’t 52 weeks for the VRS. Me thinks the dealer is talking crap…. Find a different one

Not quiet, additionaly the side detection was disconinued, Area view and the CANTON music system also had to be removed due from my order to unavailble. My order was pre December.

I can only repeat what the dealer told me, I cant vouch for the accuracy of the statement. However I had already told him I was cancelling the order before he told me they had heard from skoda - use or ignore as you see fit.

12 hours ago, Voyager220v said:

This was re price VRS vs RS3.

My spec Kodiak VRS was 52k, the base Audi RS3 is 54.5k - within 2.5k of each other in cost, hence my "pretty much the same price".

Now spec the RS3 up to the same level of kit as the VRS (especially as I’m guessing you’ve ticked pretty much everything to get it to £52k), then come back and tell me they are pretty much the same price. And I’m completely ignoring the fact you’ll never get 7 seats in an RS3 😜.

15 hours ago, AntD said:

As I see it they are trying to say any new produced car has to have the new mandatory speed limited from 6/7/22 but the 2019/2044 regulation also mandates all new cars that have already launched be fitted with an Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA) by 7 July 2024. So this should mean our current cars on order should be fine? Surely!!