Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

Just placed an order today for a new Kodiaq - expecting at least 16 weeks, but lets see.  Current Kodiaq VRS is still  nice so in no hurry, but with second hand values as good as they are, seemed silly not to cash in the residual and get a new car with a few more gadgets :)

@Estiveira  have ordered mine in the same colour.

• Love it! 1

I'm looking at buying a new (or maybe used) Kodiaq and I was quoted 34 weeks lead time to delivery if I order this week.  Someone check my count, but I think that means early December.

Will likely mean used for me.

Edited by Yearofthegoat

• 1 month later...
On 26/10/2022 at 15:38, Theo5 said:

The trim is SE. Ordered post facelift expecting a MY22 (It's a MY23).  Due to the options I got, the only difference between it and the SE Drive is the alloys and the sat nav (which seems to be the same). Would have ordered an SE drive, but it wasn't in the lineup at the time. 
Judging by the photos / manual I don't think the 8" display is missing anything over the 10" virtual cockpit other than maps. Similarly I doubt I'll use anything other than Waze/TomTom via the phone which won't display on it anyway.

Did your SE include Light Assist/High Beam Assist?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit surprised about some of these order times. I ordered at 2.0TSI Sportline DSG in Feb and it has already been built and at Emden for the trip over for delivery before the end of the month. It was a custom build with some options. Why is there such a range of delivery times?

Multitude of factors. Whether the car was ordered through a dealer or a broker. How many allocations the dealer has used up for the Kodiaq at the time you order. What options are specified. In general though, order times should be going down as the chip shortages resolve and Skoda like other manufacturers have ramped up the pricing which has reduced demand slightly. 

I ordered a 2.0TSI Sportline DSG with a few extras in Nov last year... just spoke to the dealer, it's got a build week 40 - October!!! I don't think my Octavia will last until then!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Theo5 said:

Multitude of factors. Whether the car was ordered through a dealer or a broker. How many allocations the dealer has used up for the Kodiaq at the time you order. What options are specified. In general though, order times should be going down as the chip shortages resolve and Skoda like other manufacturers have ramped up the pricing which has reduced demand slightly. 

Thanks, that does make sense. It is through a Skoda dealer on a PCH deal so I guess it is more about allocation for the supplying company instead of just the building of similar cars being wildly different.

I bought mine stock from a local dealer, so only a minor delay - around 4 weeks from reserving it, to driving home in it.

Dealer said they got allocated 5 Kodiaqs and sold them within a few days - clearly a popular car.

Anyway, I hope yours all arrive as planned, or sooner. 🤞

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So my Kodiaq has been built and is on it's way to Emden!

From an October build week to it being done today!!

Can anyone give me a roughly idea on how long it might take to get from Emden to the dealer? (I know it varies a lot)

• 1 month later...

Ordered at the beginning of April - now October, still not sure when it will arrive.  Happy with my current car so no biggie, but definitely longer than I was expecting.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys 

I ordered mine April 2023 and i'm still waiting, dealer said 6 months tops its now 8 months and i'm not happy dealer just fobs me of with no info. 5 months in i enquired and he got upset i was calling i told you 6 months i explained i wanted to know if everything was on track for 6 months and he just got very defensive called him 6 and a half months in still no car only to be told it wasn't built . Had to call skoda direct who were very helpful  gave me build date Commission number and the vin number after the car was built on the 20th Oct 2023. it now sits at emden waiting a boat my dealer has told me none of this when i tried to call dealer today i am now told he's not in or hes on vacation very disappointed with the dealer arnold clark dreadful customer service is it any wonder Skoda uk is 71% poor customer service i don't think i'll ever buy a new skoda again being disabled this has taken a lot out of me and no one at skoda thinks an apology is in order. i don't think i'll see my car till the new year now which makes me angry as i could have got the mk2 2024 model at this rate of nothing happening. i guess alot of you wont agree but you are not me or disabled i was told 6 months in fact he promised no longer yes i know things change he took my order then hasn't done his job. i think i have every right to be upset at that 8 month now and still the car sits at German port

I get your frustration with your dealer but I certainly don't get "is it any wonder Skoda UK is 71% poor customer service" after you've just written "Had to call skoda direct who were very helpfull" 🤪

Isn't your  problem with your dealer Arnold Clark ( say no more ! ) rather than Skoda?

You also say you could have got a mk2 2024 car. Yes you could, but the order books haven't even opened yet and you're making an assumtion that wouldn't be going thru the exact same production delivery issues.  If the car is already waiting at the port in Germany, what makes you think it'll be 2024 before you see it? It may well be but on average, the car will be available a month from now.

You say you were promised by the dealer?   How can anyone 'promise' something they have no control over? If the car had already been built and on their premises then yes they can make promises, but if all you did was order a new car then then you've been taken in by 'sales patter'.  or you've mis-understood. I've never known a dealer to 'promise' a delivery date rather they'll say we expect it to arrive / be delivered to you around  xyz. 

What I'm reading here has nothing to do with Skoda and everything to do with Arnold Clark. Your contract is with Arnold Clark, not Skoda.

Yes you have right to be upset - you also have the right to tell Arnold Clark to stuff his car if it wasn't delivered when they said it would be.  What does it say on your order form? Does it give you an estimated delivery date?

For future reference, if you want a guaranteed delivery date then buy a car that's already in stock and not one that hasn't been built. That's true for any car you buy - from Audi to Zagonda, from Dacia to Rolls Royce.

Edited by ColinD
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

I get your frustration with your dealer but I certainly don't get "is it any wonder Skoda UK is 71% poor customer service" after you've just written "Had to call skoda direct who were very helpfull" 🤪

Isn't your  problem with your dealer Arnold Clark ( say no more ! ) rather than Skoda?

You also say you could have got a mk2 2024 car. Yes you could, but the order books haven't even opened yet and you're making an assumtion that wouldn't be going thru the exact same production delivery issues.  If the car is already waiting at the port in Germany, what makes you think it'll be 2024 before you see it? It may well be but on average, the car will be available a month from now.

You say you were promised by the dealer?   How can anyone 'promise' something they have no control over? If the car had already been built and on their premises then yes they can make promises, but if all you did was order a new car then then you've been taken in by 'sales patter'.  or you've mis-understood. I've never known a dealer to 'promise' a delivery date rather they'll say we expect it to arrive / be delivered to you around  xyz. 

What I'm reading here has nothing to do with Skoda and everything to do with Arnold Clark. Your contract is with Arnold Clark, not Skoda.

Yes you have right to be upset - you also have the right to tell Arnold Clark to stuff his car if it wasn't delivered when they said it would be.  What does it say on your order form? Does it give you an estimated delivery date?

For future reference, if you want a guaranteed delivery date then buy a car that's already in stock and not one that hasn't been built. That's true for any car you buy - from Audi to Zagonda, from Dacia to Rolls Royce.

hi Kodiaqsportsline

first of all sounds like you work for skoda, Second of all being disabled i have to have carers around me at all times on the day of ordering i had 3 carers around me at the dealership sounds like you were there to by the assumptions your making the conversation was videoed for my you tube channel mr smart arse. it's on video and i quote "i can guarantee it will be here in 6 months" all on video mr kodiaqsportline i didnt see you in the office i was in while ordering my new car.  Secondly you say this isn't skodas fault my beefs with arnold clark again before you type crap because you have no idea what your talking about head to trust pilot and tell me 70 % of people leaving 1 star for skoda isnt a problem with skoda customer service. see youve came on here and you dont have all the facts idiot . before you try tearing people down you should look at the facts all those people on trust pilot are wrong and mr super kodiaqsportsline is correct please mate have a day off. Lastly Skoda are responsible for how the dealers act i have that in writing from Skoda Cz from the office of Mr Klaus Zellmer ceo clearly accepting responsibility for dealers using the skoda brand. now you can abuse a disabled person more by bitching about my grammer and spelling.

next time ask for the facts before just ripping in to people you dont have a clue about its called civil discourse.

Blimey...   12 posts and you're ripping into people yourself...   Talk about pot calling the kettle black...   I think. you need to learn about civil discourse yourself! 

Feel free to upload the video so we can see exactly what was said and promised.

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1