No ACC on my L&K Kodiaq

Hi all

I ordered a Kodiaq last year which was delivered early October. 

I included the Driver Assistance Package which I am sure included ACC but this option is not available in the new configuration so I cannot double check. 

Does anyone know if that package included ACC 

Does your car have a dedicated stalk for cruise control? If it does then it’s got ACC, otherwise if it’s on the indicator stalk it’s the normal cruise control system. 

10 minutes ago, Teir said:

@ZacDaMan72 Sounds like he knows he doesn't have ACC. I think he wants to know whether he paid for an option which he did not receive. 

Oh right...seems weird for a driver assistance package not to have ACC!

Yep I have regular cruise control only despite paying for the drivers assistance package. 

I have found the brochure for last year and that package clearly states ACC. 

I have all the other extras like front assist so I am hoping all of the cameras and radars are there and it won’t be difficult for the dealer to retrofit it. 

Do you think I can also ask for compensation?

The brochure I’ve got from December 20 states travel assist pack includes traffic sign recognition, adaptive lane assist, predictive adaptive cruise control, traffic jam assist, and dsg models get emergency assist for £675

15 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

You definitely should - I don’t think a dealer would want to retrofit it but ymmv. 

Really? I would have thought that would have been their first option over any monetary compensation. 

surely changing a lever and updating the software to recognise it would be fairly simple on their end?

7 minutes ago, ghellers said:

Really? I would have thought that would have been their first option over any monetary compensation. 

surely changing a lever and updating the software to recognise it would be fairly simple on their end?

That’s how you can do it via alternative routes but from what I understand the dealers don’t do it that way, however as I said, your mileage may vary. You might as well talk to the dealer and see what they can do - I know that my dealer would just give a refund for the package instead of retrofitting it. 

This is a non-trivial retrofit, and the dealer is not going to do it. I could be wrong, but I think they don't even have the technical capability to do what's required. Even if they do, it requires alterations to 5 or 6 different modules and they are not going to want to touch it with a bargepole. 

ACC can be retrofitted by an independent retrofitter. However be aware that it would then be an easy excuse for the dealer to refuse any subsequent warranty claims, as ACC involves so many of the car's modules. 

Push hard for compensation and see how you get on. 

Edited by Teir
Correction

4 hours ago, Teir said:

This is a non-trivial retrofit, and the dealer is not going to do it. I could be wrong, but I think they don't even have the technical capability to do what's required. Even if they do, it requires alterations to 5 or 6 different modules and they are not going to want to touch it with a bargepole. 

ACC can be retrofitted by an independent retrofitter. However be aware that it would then be an easy excuse for the dealer to refuse any subsequent warranty claims, as ACC involves so many of the car's modules. 

Push hard for compensation and see how you get on. 

I’ll push hard to ensure my warranty remains unaffected if I go via third party or I’d be wanting a far larger compensation. 

but surely they have the technical know how to do it as what if there was a genuine fault with those modules. They would have to test each one and replace anything faulty including updating any software issues

• Love it! 1

15 minutes ago, ghellers said:

I’ll push hard to ensure my warranty remains unaffected if I go via third party or I’d be wanting a far larger compensation. 

but surely they have the technical know how to do it as what if there was a genuine fault with those modules. They would have to test each one and replace anything faulty including updating any software issues

They certainly should have the capability - whether they have it is a completely different question!

3 hours ago, ghellers said:

Fixing a fault is an entirely different matter to adding something to a car that was never there to begin with. When there's a fault, everything the dealer does is guided by the software, using 'Guided fault finding'. They just have to follow the process laid out by the software.

I'm not saying it's impossible for a dealer to do this (though it might well be), but I do think it is highly unlikely that they will do it. Please report back though. This kind of issue comes up now and again and we rarely get to hear what the final outcome is. 

Edited by Teir
typo
  • Like 1

I would strongly recommend against the Kufatec kit - it is hugely overpriced and requires you to swap the radar, which then necessitates an expensive radar recalibration. And you still need access to a VAS dongle in order to complete the retrofit. I am also not sure if their kits work on new models with SFD protection (and if they do, whether there is an extra cost for this).

Edited by Teir

Thanks for the advice. 

If that’s the price for a retrofit then I will certainly be asking for that in compensation if they cannot do it themselves. 

If it is going to void the warranty then I will wait another 2yrs before doing it. 

Regular cruise control is ok enough

It seems incredulous that whilst ACC is fitted as standard to an L&K Superb it isn't when it comes to the Kodiaq - poor play Skoda.

On 19/07/2021 at 02:10, Golfmk56 said:

Said I'd never use this forum as it's mostly full of unhelpful trolls, and armchair experts.

Can't believe some of the responses on this thread - nobody seems to have established what the spec is on the OP's car nor has  anybody questioned where the OP originates from ( different specs in different markets ) Car delivered in Oct '20? well that puts it bang in the middle of MY20 or MY21 deliveries - has anyone established for sure what MY the OP has? Could the OP have been looking at the brochure for a MY20 car and was given a MY21 car?  That would seem a distinct possibility to me.  No point in saying according to the brochure from last year,  a brochure is only as good as information at the time of publication - they willl always have a disclaimer that information and prices correct at time of going to press - check with dealer for latest info.  Did OP check with dealer what he was ordering?

Assuming the car is UK and it's a MY21 ( i.e. two spoke steering wheel on L&K as opposed to 3 spoke) then ACC was not part of any package - you had to order it seperately. Various assistance packages depended on having already chosen ACC, so the OP needs to find out exactly what he ordered because there was no such thing as a 'Driver's assistance package' on MY21 cars - Driver Assistance is a category under which you could choose certain options. So will say it again - did OP actually order something called a "driver assistance package"?

From the Oct 2020 MY21 brochure:

zzzoct1.thumb.JPG.2fee2ab3b55e4a70bd2078fa46cb2988.JPG

zzzoct2.thumb.JPG.828fb7fb5314b1f2db81d07a017962a7.JPG

As you can see ACC was a cost option on L&K. And depending on what assistance package offered, it was conditional on that ACC option being ticked.

I apologise if I've overlooked the above responses but the OP hasn't actually mentioned any of these assistance systems are on his car. He mentioned 'Front Assist' but every car comes with that. I'd just like to know what other assistance tools the OP has on the car. My gut feeling is he doesn't have any.

But then in the typical Briskoda fashion, it all gets out-of-hand when armchair experts will chip in and cry aloud with reject the car! and compensation! Oh how I've missed this forum - not.  

Assuming the car was bought in the UK then the time for rejection in this case has long past, and then claims of  "I wan't at least  ££££ compensation". I shake my head in disbelief.  What do you expect to be compensated for - a piece of equipment the OP hasn't missed for 8 months? Hardly essential then is it? If ACC was indeed part of a package the OP ordered, then given the elapsed time, likely compensation would be to refund the price of that option and if you're lucky, something thrown in as goodwill - a free service or £100 compensation voucher or whatever. If OP thinks they'll compensate for 3rd party to fit the system - dream on.  If OP threatened to take the matter further then the supplying dealer would probably encourage it, and that's because any 3rd party would see it exactly the same- how can something that hasn't been used or questioned for 8mth ever be considered an essential part of the deal? 

My strong advice is to check with your supplying dealer as to what you actually ordered. All the evidence points at ACC not being included in any package on a MY21 L&K in the UK. Assuming of course it's a MY21 car you have? If you expected a MY20 car and you defo ordred a pack in which ACC was included, but they gave you the updated MY21 car which doesn't come with ACC, then you will do well to get the cost of the ACC back.  If they gave you a newer model than you were expecting then it's reasonable for anyone to see that as compensation itself.

You raise some valid points (and personally I missed the "delivered in October" bit - I assumed it was recently delivered -which is shocking I know).

However, I take issue with your criticism of this forum.  I find it very helpful and I'm sure others do too.

It's a shame you don't participate and contribute with your obvious knowledge.

Forums are open places where people express their opinions and experience.  It's always incumbent upon the reader to make a judgement as to which elements he will take on board.

I assume by "Driver assist package" he means "Travel assist".   Maybe the OP could clear this up.

• Like 1

I don't agree with Golfmk56's assessment of this forum (unless they have led a sheltered life): compared to many forums I've encountered, this is mostly respectful and knowledgeable, although the answers so far to the OP's Q do indeed miss many obvious things such as MY and what the OP thinks they actually ordered

The advice given by Golfmk56 though is one I've also expanded on in both this and other forums: you absolutely cannot rely on a brochure and/or price list - indeed they have weasel words which more or less say "this brochure might be incorrect, your dealer is the definitive source of info" (wishful thinking, I know....) So when ordering a new car, I always - politely - ask the dealer if the car I'm ordering differs in spec from the brochure, and if so, how, given that my contract is with the dealer, nothing to do with Skoda UK. I then politely remind the dealer that if the spec differs from what we both believe is ordered, my consumer rights allow me various options (including rejection) depending on the discrepancy.

So.... always, always, download and keep the brochure/price list current at the time of the order, and ensure that you have solid evidence of your 'discussion' with the dealer ref the spec. And then keep in touch with the dealer as the order proceeds, no harm in asking again if the spec has changed and remind them that it's the dealer's responsibility to tell the customer of any changes (not that they would - this level of good customer service would result in their franchise removed and a few of the staff publicly executed as an example to others)

• Like 2

When I ordered my Superb in Dec 17 and paid the £500 deposit, the dealer gave me a 5 page Skoda factory order document showing a thorough breakdown of the price agreed, on page 3 was a printed list of the factory fitted options, the PR codes and and price for each option.

I signed their copy and that constituted our written contract.

So maybe the OP can consult his documentation and enlighten us with the exact PR code and description of the factory fitted options.

As for @Golfmk56, welcome to the armchair expert club, make yourself comfy in your armchair. I hope you're not just another unhelpful troll. ;)

Actually xman, yout story regarding what the dealer gave you, illustrates the point I was making very well: you need both a list of the options AND - this bit is important - some way of agreeing what the 'standard' specification is at the time of order. When order date to delivery is many months, it is entirely possible that the standard specification will change. This happened with my Kodiaq order, but overall I judged that the changes were minor and advantageous to me, so no problem, especially with price protection.

And also be aware that if you spec a car close to the £40K VED threshold, even though price protection may apply, the list price might rise between order and delivery, and take you over that threshold

Edited by SinglePointSafety
Extra info