Driving modes?? Mk4 Octavia

Hi all - I'm sure this has been asked before but is there any overall guide that explains which trims have the driving modes? From what I can tell this seems to be on the SE-L, first edition and L&K trims only... a dealer previously advised me that they are included on ALL new SEATS (physical button on FR only) just wondered if Skoda did the same... thanks 

I’m currently driving an SE First Edition which doesn’t have Drive Mode selection; so, to my knowledge Drive Mode is not on the SE nor SE First Edition but is on the SE L, SE L First Edition & VRS. Not sure about the SE Technology

7 hours ago, DaddyAJ said:

OK many thanks.. I know its a bit of a gimmick but it would have been nice to tweak throttle response and suspension for different driving scenarios.

On my previous Kodiaq I couldn't feel any difference between the different modes. On my vRS Octavia though there is a definite change when you go from normal into sport.

Things noticeably sharpen up and depending on speed the dgs gearbox quite often drops a gear. Sport is quite a bit more aggressive when slowing as it changes down far more.    

It is more of a gimmick, and as car resets to normal on each start up, probably won’t play with it much even if it is fitted

Basically S sport mode can be engaged by flicking gear stick back, and again to toggle back to D.   For most people that is all they need

E economy mode just seems to allow more coasting when going down hill, or slowing (but steep downhills still cause gears to change down).  I think it also restricts the climate control to save tiny bit of fuel.

ACC is affected (the acceleration rate when gap opens up)

If you have DCC adjustable dampers it also sets these, but if you don’t then functionality is rather limited

Individual allows you to set them differently if you really want them, such as soft dampers and sporty gear changes.

I think some 4wd versions may have an off road mode and snow mode, not sure what they do, but probably some form of using the ABS to control slip.

It's more than a gimmick to me. I always change the mode to "Individual" before I drive off (oh, how I wish the car would remember and keep the last selected mode so I would not have to do this every single time). My custom settings in "Individual":

- steering to "Sport" - I much prefer the less progressive feel that is "Sport" compared to "Normal"

- chassi (or does it say suspension or just comfort...hmm) to "Sport" - Maybe I'm just imagining things but I believe that the suspension gets stiffer in this setting and thus less body roll

- ACC to "Sport" - I can get closer to the car in front before the speed is automatically reduced by the ACC (which is soooooooo annoying :@ and makes the ride really jerky and I the rhythm is lost, I can't describe how much I miss the old non-adaptive Cruise Control)

Thanks all! Some really info here on the modes in general! So as others have already mentioned the SE tech does not have the driving modes, therefore the only "modes" I have is eco or normal for the ACT... although it seems like switching is controlled by the engine management system 🤔 ah well 

I do a about 800 miles a week and average about 56 mpg that’s mixed town motorway .I do not charge at home yet as it’s a company car so use hybrid mode to keep the battery’s at about 75% for when I drive in london.

• Love it! 1