Hi Pete
You might be the answer to my prayers!
I have this exact problem on my daughter's Skoda Fabia mk2 2007. The front electric windows worked intermittently, then packed up completely. We've repaired wires, changed fuses and nothing worked. Then one morning noticed the drivers window was half open, and that had happened during the night with the car locked and without they keys in the ignition, very stange.
The driver's door is fitted with the 6Y1959801 motor unit. Have you got one to swap over?

That's lucky timing, I sent what I thought was my only exchange Mk2 Fabia unit out yesterday; but this morning stumbled upon a box labelled F2, which will contain what you're needing.

A Private Message should appear in your inbox shortly. 👍

• 1 month later...

Hello Pete 🙂

I have a 2007 Skoda Roomster 1.9, with windows that don't move (stuck in the up posn). I have replaced the drivers side loom which had a couple of severed wires adjacent to the door post. Still not working. Have power to the window armature and module, but not working.  Armature and brushes look fine. This is as far as I can go.

Module Temic 440775X  / 401350A8

Motor 6Y1959801

Reading your post and recommendations from others I would be interested in your £50 exchange module and motor exchange service.

Please advise your address so I can send my unit to you.

Kind Regards

Paul

• Thanks 1

Hello Pete

i have a 2007 Roomster with non-functioning windows.  I would be grateful for your help in sorting it out.  I live just across the border in Buckinghamshire, so perhaps I could pop over to see you.  Thanks in anticipation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2022 at 14:14, Breezy_Pete said:

Exchange stock update.

The following motor modules are packed and ready for rapid dispatch, all for RHD cars:

Fabia Mk1 - 6Y2959802 

Fabia Mk2 - 6Y1959801 

Roomster - 6Y1959801

Polo 9N/9N3 - 6Y1959801 (just front elec windows)

Polo 9N/9N3 - 6Y1959801A (all 4 elec windows)

Transporter T5 - 6Y1959801

I had a bit of a play installing all (but 1) of the physically mountable units in my 9N3 Polo, and confirmed  that a 6Y1959801 from a Roomster does not work properly in a Polo, the up/down controls are reversed, and with one-touch operation programmed the window doesn't go all the way up when requested (apporx 30mm shy).  I suspect a Fabia mk2 unit will do similar, will check later and add info. Edit: yes, up/down reversed and doesn't make it all the way up when one-touch programmed.

Polo and Transporter modules do seem to be interchangeable with each other according to yesterday's fitment of a T5 module in a 9N3 Polo, although I haven't access to a T5 to try a Polo motor in it.  If anyone reading has put a replacement motor from a Polo in a T5 and knows if one-touch operation works properly, I'd be grateful to hear about it. Polo modules are distinguished by having VW240xxxx as the bottom line of the part number label, T5 modules have VW750xxxx instead.

If anyone's curiosity is piqued by the above observation about one-touch closure not working with the mismatched Roomster/Polo situation, I'd be glad of someone putting a tape measure up the rear edge of their Roomster (and Fabia mk2) drivers door window to compare the glass height between seals with that of a 9N3 Polo (which I'll add to this post later) edit: 445mm, on 5-door 9N3 Polo. 

Promotional price for exchange units for remainder of August:

£75, with same £30 rebate on receipt of returned original motor module.

Please note: Royal Mail strike action is planned for the following dates, so please work around this potential delay

Friday 26th and Wednesday 31st Aug; also Thursday 8th and Friday 9th September.

Pete

On 30/08/2021 at 13:20, Breezy_Pete said:

Hello Briskodians,

I would like to offer a repair service for some types of electric window motor module as fitted to a few Skoda models, as well as one or two VWs.

At this stage it applies only to two specific, exact part numbers fitted to the driver's side front door, as follows:

6Y2959802  Fitted to later Mk1 Fabia, from around October 2004.

6Y1959801  Fitted to Very early Mk2 Fabia and Roomster until end of October 2007; as well as 9N3 Polo and a few Transporters. (And some late 9N Polos I have learned).

Private Message me a VIN if you'd like me to check whether your car has this part number fitted. 

(As described a few posts below, either of the above part numbers + suffix A on the end can also be repaired.  Also happy to try with units of the subsequent generation, with part numbers 6Q1959801F, G, H, or J.)

Note that both of these are driver's side units, the difference in part numbering is due to the orientation/positioning of the motor module on the panels they mount to. 

These parts suffer a type of intermittent, progressive failure where they 'sometimes work fine, sometimes don't work at all'.  This is what I can fix for you.

I will test your faulty unit, confirm the problem, repair it to full working order and post it back to you for £50, total.

You'd post it to me (less than 1Kg so can be sent as a first class small parcel for just £3.68 at present).  I would aim to turn it round within 2 days of receipt, and send it back first class.

This is the what the part looks like:

20210830_104835.thumb.jpg.48b8beb01209aa08d34422c3a421f169.jpg

Central locking via remote will still work in the absence of the window module, so you will be able to secure the car as normal while it is away. 

Obviously you'll want to ensure that both front windows are fully shut, as in the absence of the driver's side module the passenger side one will not operate.

New units are nearly £200 from Skoda/VW, and ebay 2nd hand ones with these part numbers tend to go for nearly £100.

I will charge you just £50 including return postage.

Cheers,

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete

I definitely need your help.

I have 2 faulty motor units or else one faulty car.  Maybe you know the fault already.  The passenger switch in the drivers door operates my drivers window and the drivers window switch operates the passenger window but the switch is back to front so up is down and down is up.

Any ideas?  I suspect it might be a wiring fault but i'm not sure.  I'm going to be stripping parts off this week to check connectors etc so any pointers would be good.  I have 2 motor units with the same part number.

@Bazmcc This could happen if you have units of the correct part number for a facelift RHD mk1 Fabia (6Y2959802) but the units actually came from LHD Polos instead. What does the last line of the part number label say? You should have SK240DDRS. Do you have VW240DDLS instead?

I'll check this out later when I get home.  I suppose this might be possible.  At the time I bought the motor, the only way I could get one with that part number after a lot of searching back then was on ebay via a european parts seller

9 minutes ago, Bazmcc said:

european parts seller

There you go.

If confirmed, I can probably guide you towards which wires to swap to get the switches working the right windows, and probably the up/down thing too.

Is it just the driver's side window where up/down is reversed?

Edit2:

Is it actually a facelift car? If not, you'll have the earlier window motor version, with three connectors rather than two.  Same probably applies with the last line of part number label though, but I'm not as familiar with those.

Edited by Breezy_Pete

My pass switch up puts the drivers window down, pass switch down puts the drivers door window up.

My drivers switch up puts the passengers window up, drivers switch down puts the passengers door window down.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2023 at 10:46, Breezy_Pete said:

Yep, that figures.

Here's my current modules.  The 2 in the pic together do nothing and are faulty.  The one on the pic on it's own is the odd mismatched opposite side mix up one.

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-02 at 18.46.33 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-02 at 18.46.33.jpeg

Ah, OK. The one on its own is from a LHD Roomster.

The other two are normal RHD mk1 Fabia units. Can almost certainly fix those for you. 

PM me to discuss and work something out if you like.