Is it possible not to have rear heated seats?

Winter is here and I normally keep the rear seat warmer on under my son's car seat.

I've been looking for the on/off button. The panel between the front seats doesn't have buttons, just temperature info.

Not every trim level has heated rear seats. You’d have the buttons if yours did. 

Mine (2017 Style spec) has heated and ventilated front seats, but not rear heated ones. It does have the 3rd zone aircon controls in the back, though (buttons with the blue and red lines in the image above). 

Edited by GregorSamsa

For my 2017 SE-L, heated rear seats were an optional extra which I specified. In the UK market at least, there were no trim levels with standard heated rear seats and the 1.6TDI engine

If the goal is to retrofit your rear seat to keep you son warm in his own baby/child seat. Just forget it. You'll save money. ;) 

It will be quicker and much more efficient to set your ventilation system at the right demand temperature, than expecting he gets warm thanks to the rear heated seat. It's only heat transfert per conduction. There would be a lot of "barriers" indeed before your son can feel a temperature increase of even 0,5°. Heat will have to go thru your car seat housing (leather / clothe) -> Child seat frame -> Child seat housing -> Your son's own clothes for instance... To many opportunity for heat losses.

IMHO, if your son were big enough not to need a child seat it could make sense. Otherwise... Just throw your money in the bin... It will have more or less the same effect...

;) 

• Thanks 1