It's Friday Night... what are you doing?

AnnoyingPentium

2 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Methinks it's time for you to add Brisky to the spam list. I'm sure Colin won't mind take it personally.

I faintly remember seeing him post that that does cause problems for the site actually; @ColinD, want to look into this for @FUBAR?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wino said:

I faintly remember seeing him post that that does cause problems for the site actually; @ColinD, want to look into this for @FUBAR?

HR at work reported a new email address I made to deal with them as spam and it blocked my whole account due to the report. Took a lot of time and faffing to sort, so now I keep reporting work as spam in the hope........ 

10 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

1985's 'Restless Natives', the soundtrack is by Big Country. It's quite nuts in plot, but I like it. :)

Had a look at trailer on the old tube there. Never heard of it before, seems a good shout. :thumbup: Will have to acquire it to watch hopefully tomorrow

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

It sends me an email for every single post, turned off the email notifications but they still come lol

oh, heres another one then :D

but, it probably wouldnt too bad if even a handful of my posts were useful and not just utter ****e :rofl:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Had a look at trailer on the old tube there. Never heard of it before, seems a good shout. :thumbup: Will have to acquire it to watch hopefully tomorrow

The soundtrack was the reason I found it. Said soundtrack can be found on the Big Country album 'Restless Natives and Rarities' which is on iTunes and Spotify with the 35 minute trimmed soundtrack, or CD if you're lucky! :D

3 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

oh, heres another one then :D

but, it probably wouldnt too bad if even a handful of my posts were useful and not just utter ****e :rofl:

I tend to read the subject line and self filter them from there: image.thumb.png.75c5f31302b36f7d5e7978bc04245016.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Baiting rat-traps for the loft just now. Feckers sound huge at 4am. Got two in consecutive days last week.

As a matter of interest, when people say 'like a rat up a drainpipe' are they referring to rapid/easy climbing of the inside, or the outside of the pipe, or maybe both/either??

Not something I've ever witnessed.  Seen 'em at the top, in the gutter, at previous address.  I guess it may be easier for them to go up the inside, like a rock climber in a 'chimney'?

Might have to check for ways in at the bottom.

A mate of mine had rats in the loft...   they were climbing up inside the cavity walls...

• Groan 1

Forgotnto mention earlier...   feeding the rabbits, microwaving thier heat pads and closing them up for the night so the foxes can't get them...   all of which I've just done 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Forgotnto mention earlier...   feeding the rabbits, microwaving thier heat pads and closing them up for the night so the foxes can't get them...   all of which I've just done 

Been years since I had a rabbit, which was a non-domesticated one that my Mum rescued from the skid plate on a Fiat Doblo that came into Arnold Clark Fiat in Ayr for a service when she worked there. Had him a month or so as he was quite badly shaken from getting a free lift, we handed him into the SSPCA afterwards so they could do their thing. Named him Lucky, rather aptly.

2 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Been years since I had a rabbit, which was a non-domesticated one that my Mum rescued from the skid plate on a Fiat Doblo that came into Arnold Clark Fiat in Ayr for a service when she worked there. Had him a month or so as he was quite badly shaken from getting a free lift, we handed him into the SSPCA afterwards so they could do their thing. Named him Lucky, rather aptly.

Our two were both from the RSPCA and rescued...   the male is a broken harlequin lionhead lop who was found wandering the streets of Chesterfield when about a year old but hes now about 6.  The female was rescued as a kitten from a dodgy breeder who was caught when the mother died and he tried to off load the kittens to a pet shop.  When we first saw her she was too young to be rehomed but we hung on for her as shes a bit special being a black and tan tabby whos now 4.  Hes laid back and relaxed but she's a nutter...   and can climb!  Weve found her on top of a five foot hight hutch before now as well as athe top of the drive watching the cars go past having scaled the garden wall!!!

• Like 1

T'is Friday again... exactly a week after the last post - who'd have thunk it?!

Anyway, all is peaceful here. I'm down at my Granny's for the night so I'm getting to use the snazzy reclining seats. I've got Simple Minds' Sparkle in the Rain on Spotify this evening as well as a nice cold can of cola, all is well. Without being a clairvoyant (although that would be cool, and a money making opportunity), I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that @FUBAR is still clearing Mac-related Brisky e-mails... :rofl:

i find it funny that @FUBAR complains about them, given he only started following me because i started following him.... 

i put it down to being a "post troubles" paranoid Nordy :D

"i thenk hees followin me... i better see where hes goin, pri**"

• Haha 1

we playin this game now??

im tidyin ****e podcast on and...

16397761618253906896951138180244.thumb.jpg.58b2cf3a95ff5e702ed4ad736cb9c96f.jpg

it might get finished off...

edit...

yeah, its being finished 

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Don't want to take too much away from the Brisky Whisky thread like... but aye :D

2 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

For aw that's in it, you might as well...

No, I'm not being a bad influence. :devil:

Edited by AnnoyingPentium

13 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

im tidyin ****e podcast on and...

edit...

yeah, its being finished 

11 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Don't want to take too much away from the Brisky Whisky thread like... but aye :D

The what thread?? 

IMG_20211217_213341-01.jpeg

• Haha 2

finished work today until the 10th January, should be prepping stuff to pack into the car ready for the Xmas trip to France on Sunday......BUT..:x...

so i'm setting up the Orbea for tubeless and have just found out i don't have enough Stans No Tubes to do both, front done, rear Sunday

• Like 2

Just watching the news with a Brakspear Oxford Gold beer after a slightly lazy day...    I finished work at 10:45 last night so pottered today doing a few bits of general maintenance on the Kodiaq followed by a hair cut and sorting a few bits for heading over to Belfast in a few days for Christmas

• Like 1