Travel assist retrofit

JustOxy

41 minutes ago, djmartzian said:

I've already tried. Same error.  

Just dectivated it all and set back afterwards as I wrote.

All worked.

The only mowent when I was able to replicate your message with something wrong was when I made 2 changes at once in 13.

Doing them separately worked.

When I enter 20103 I change 1 codign. Save it.

Then 20103 again and second coding.

No other ideas mate....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, octavianx said:

Just dectivated it all and set back afterwards as I wrote.

All worked.

The only mowent when I was able to replicate your message with something wrong was when I made 2 changes at once in 13.

Doing them separately worked.

When I enter 20103 I change 1 codign. Save it.

Then 20103 again and second coding.

No other ideas mate....

What diag tool are you using?

I have OBD11 dongle, with no access to VCDS device.

I've tried multiple times, one by one but 13 module didn't accent any coding. It might be a bug with OBD11 app. I'll raise a ticket with Voltas Support guys. 

I'll keep you posted one I'll made some progress.

Thank you for your support.

Humble Regards

3 hours ago, djmartzian said:

What diag tool are you using?

I have OBD11 dongle, with no access to VCDS device.

I've tried multiple times, one by one but 13 module didn't accent any coding. It might be a bug with OBD11 app. I'll raise a ticket with Voltas Support guys. 

I'll keep you posted one I'll made some progress.

Thank you for your support.

Humble Regards

Same here obd11, my module 13 has exact same HW/SW values, just checked, not a single difference.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, octavianx said:

Same here obd11, my module 13 has exact same HW/SW values, just checked, not a single difference.

Thx mate.

I really appreciate your help and support on this.

I've also tried a couple of time in this evening, but like I  was expected there are some issues/problems with the OBD11 app. I've raised a ticket in the meantime with the Voltas Support. Hopefully they will reply to me Tomorrow.

Have a great evening!

Just checked right now. 

Going directly to CU13 and trying to change the long coding parameter ... same error as you get.

Back to main menu, I put security access and I repeat the sequence ... and it's working.

For me is as @octavianx said, enter security code/save/long coding/code/write and again enter code/save/long coding/code/write.

Let's see what's the feedback from the experts.

Cheers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mario_Delgado said:

Just checked right now. 

Going directly to CU13 and trying to change the long coding parameter ... same error as you get.

Back to main menu, I put security access and I repeat the sequence ... and it's working.

For me is as @octavianx said, enter security code/save/long coding/code/write and again enter code/save/long coding/code/write.

Let's see what's the feedback from the experts.

Cheers

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

So, you are suggesting that I need to access "Security Access" menu first before start the coding?

Woohoo! It worked!

This a very nasty bug! It worked only after I've enter twice  20103 code in the Security Access menu. I still have that open ticket with Voltas Support.

One more time, many thanks to you guys octavianx and Mario_Delgado

Edited by djmartzian
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, djmartzian said:

Woohoo! It worked!

This a very nasty bug! It worked only after I've enter twice  20103 code in the Security Access menu. I still have that open ticket with Voltas Support.

One more time, many thanks to you guys octavianx and Mario_Delgado

No probs, enjoy.

In case it gets crazy with throwing a usual missing TA error set hc variant to 1.

Capacitive wheel works as designed, car will start in traffic, sense the touch etc. But you will have mid travel assist, no errors and beeps though.

• Love it! 1

Hi guys,

I'm back to you with a question:
Does someone else encountered the below errors/failures? Off course 2 error messages have been also displayed in VC: something with powertrain error and Travel Assist unavailable.

Are they something to do with the above coding OR is just a set of annoying  DTCs that I should not worry about?

01 - Engine - P164700 - Checking coding/versions of control modules in drivetrain
13 - Adaptive Cruise Control - U112200 - Databus implausible message
17 - Dashboard - U105400 - No communication

In this morning the outside temperature drop around 0 degress and from what I can read with the OBD11 the regular battery voltage drops ~11.28V. Can this be the root cause?

Thank you

Edited by djmartzian

Hi everyone,

I'm also considering to retrofit travel assist and traffic sign recognition. 

I have following: HUD, Columbus, Side assist, Lane assist, ACC, Heated steering wheel with paddles and front assist. 

Do I just need to swap the steering wheel? Is it possible to only swap the buttons if I buy used steering wheel?

Is anything else needed beside coding?

Is traffic sign recognition automatically enabled when travel assist is coded/activated?

44 minutes ago, sany98 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm also considering to retrofit travel assist and traffic sign recognition. 

I have following: HUD, Columbus, Side assist, Lane assist, ACC, Heated steering wheel with paddles and front assist. 

Do I just need to swap the steering wheel? Is it possible to only swap the buttons if I buy used steering wheel?

Is anything else needed beside coding?

Is traffic sign recognition automatically enabled when travel assist is coded/activated?

TSR can only be activated with the SWaP code 😒

More details in the thread below:
https://forum.obdeleven.com/post/70584/thread

On 13/12/2022 at 15:07, djmartzian said:

Hi guys,

I'm back to you with a question:
Does someone else encountered the below errors/failures? Off course 2 error messages have been also displayed in VC: something with powertrain error and Travel Assist unavailable.

Are they something to do with the above coding OR is just a set of annoying  DTCs that I should not worry about?

01 - Engine - P164700 - Checking coding/versions of control modules in drivetrain
13 - Adaptive Cruise Control - U112200 - Databus implausible message
17 - Dashboard - U105400 - No communication

In this morning the outside temperature drop around 0 degress and from what I can read with the OBD11 the regular battery voltage drops ~11.28V. Can this be the root cause?

Thank you

Couple of test drives and checks and I am not getting any errors, working smoothly, I do hope that you sorted it out.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello, for those who got the heated capacitive steering wheel for the RS, does the heat work if the car wheel didn't have that function before?  I'm going to purchase it and want to take the opportunity to make it heated too.

1 hour ago, Grimlock said:

Hello, for those who got the heated capacitive steering wheel for the RS, does the heat work if the car wheel didn't have that function before?  I'm going to purchase it and want to take the opportunity to make it heated too.

Hello,
I only can say that the heated function just worked BUT my previous steering wheel it was also heated. The heated function is a factory option in my case.

• Sponsor
3 hours ago, Grimlock said:

No, you'll require a new steering wheel control module/clock spring & additional wiring

2 hours ago, djmartzian said:

Hello,
I only can say that the heated function just worked BUT my previous steering wheel it was also heated. The heated function is a factory option in my case.

59 minutes ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

No, you'll require a new steering wheel control module/clock spring & additional wiring

That's what I was fearing... Will research on how to do it. Since I'm spending that much on the new steering wheel, I want to get all the new functions I can from it.

Thank you!

17 hours ago, sany98 said:

Hi,

Is capacitive steering wheel installed in cars with lane assist and side assist?

Nope. I believe you can identify if the wheel is capacitive by looking if it has the travel assist button.

• 4 weeks later...

Well well ... Today I deactivated travel assist function, winter is coming here so I started to have erratic "Travel Assist Currently Unavailable" message on the cluster. 

In my case it was popping out just a couple of times each ride but my lord, what an annoying figure. 

Let's see if they are able to find a software solution, sooner than later, because there are tons of steering wheels out there suffering from this. 

55 minutes ago, Mario_Delgado said:

Well well ... Today I deactivated travel assist function, winter is coming here so I started to have erratic "Travel Assist Currently Unavailable" message on the cluster.

Hi @Mario_Delgado,

Can you please check with an OBD11 dongle what is the DTC stored in module 19 - Gateway, please?
Is it B17B8F2 ?
If yes, keep in mind that Skoda is aware of this issue and based on the 2062172.13 Travel Assist sporadically unavailable TPI the only "fix" provided by the dealer is to disable TA. Very disappointing and as you mentioned fingers crossed they will provide a software update soon.

I've also been hit by the above DTC in a foggy winter day during a short trip in town. 

Br.

58 minutes ago, djmartzian said:

Hi @Mario_Delgado,

Can you please check with an OBD11 dongle what is the DTC stored in module 19 - Gateway, please?
Is it B17B8F2 ?
If yes, keep in mind that Skoda is aware of this issue and based on the 2062172.13 Travel Assist sporadically unavailable TPI the only "fix" provided by the dealer is to disable TA. Very disappointing and as you mentioned fingers crossed they will provide a software update soon.

I've also been hit by the above DTC in a foggy winter day during a short trip in town. 

Br.

Hi ... I am checking offline errors under module 19 and besides a couple of intermittent lost communication data bus error I do not have that one: B17B8F2 - Control module for steering wheel touch recognition Sensor malfunction

It's intended to be on the list after it's triggered? do you have to run a scan in order to catch it?

1 minute ago, Mario_Delgado said:

Hi ... I am checking offline errors under module 19 and besides a couple of intermittent lost communication data bus error I do not have that one: B17B8F2 - Control module for steering wheel touch recognition Sensor malfunction

It's intended to be on the list after it's triggered? do you have to run a scan in order to catch it?

Yes. You need to run a full scan or a partial scan on Module 19.

On 16/01/2023 at 15:58, djmartzian said:

Yes. You need to run a full scan or a partial scan on Module 19.

I did yesterday a partial scan and the error is not there ... I guess it's because I recoded all back to factory setting, so when I did the scan the tool was not able to find the error. On the other hand, I have static error U112500 for Local data bus - Additional installations detected ... I would say that the bus loop detects the capacitive steering wheel but it's not responsive due to the fact that it's not coded ... or could be another thing, this kind of errors are not well detailed in ODBeleven and ODIS should be used to dig a bit more.