Amundsen MIB2 no internet connection

Tbjay124

Had a call from the dealership today and an email from Skoda Connect, they have finally admitted they have a problem as others have the same problem as me (well we already knew that) and the technical team are looking for a solution but for now there is nothing more they can do but will get in touch when they have another update that will correct the problem.

Not expecting them to get back to me any time soon then.

This morning I noticed the White Globe so attempted to enter the activation code which failed with an incorrect code message but progress. Shortly after returning home  I had a couple of emails from Skoda, Went out and tried again and this time it worked. While Globe and all the Connect services reinstated. Surprising how much I missed the traffic at certain times of the day like school times really helpful to gauge where not to go. Know a lot of people don't think it's worth the money but I find it really useful. Do you think they rebooted the server? The white globe appeared much faster than it ever has before. Checking my profile my old license purchase history has disappeared now only shows the new one so I wonder if they have just recreated me. Someone did suggest the databases had got a little stuffed so the system just didn't know what some people had. Still, quite a speedy response in my case.

Edited by SurreySlowCoach

Noticed the whiteglobe too. Entered registration. All worked. Email received saying all connected. Now to see what I can set up

I'm also now working apart from one thing, Smartlink+

I've activated the license in the website but the app still tells me I need to enable data sharing on the unit which I have, then connect to USB or WiFi which I have. Still not getting anything.

Anyone else seeing this?

3 hours ago, Antimus said:

I'm also now working apart from one thing, Smartlink+

I've activated the license in the website but the app still tells me I need to enable data sharing on the unit which I have, then connect to USB or WiFi which I have. Still not getting anything.

Anyone else seeing this?

Sorry, i never had this problem...

If you already have smartlink and doesn't have to be unlocked it could be that your phone isn't compatible (i find it hard to believe), or maybe the usb-cable isn't ok (you wouldn't be the first one)

Managed to get this working as well after disconnecting the battery for a few hours (while fitting towbar electrics). I've got it to complete the registration, but it still refuses to sync any data to the app or connect to any other features...

Noticed the white globe had appeared on mine yesterday, was able to complete the registration. 
Now to wait and see how long it stays active… :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rob230 said:

Mine is now connecting, but in the app I get this...  (image) is the car too old? I'd have thought 2018 was new enough

Screenshot 2022-04-14 091307.png

My Karoq is late 2018 and the only function I have is to send a destination to the car, it can tell me mileage and fuel state but I have to plug the phone into USB to get those so little point. I rarely use the app but pay the money for the infotainment service so I can see the traffic situation on the in car nav when I get in the car. If your car is very new I think it might do a lot more. In a previous version you could see your service history but that's  disappeared so if I ever took a trip to we buy any car I'd have to go with the bills like in the very old days pre service books.

Edited by SurreySlowCoach

It's through skoda connect, https://www.skoda-connect.com/

7 hours ago, SurreySlowCoach said:

My Karoq is late 2018 and the only function I have is to send a destination to the car, it can tell me mileage and fuel state but I have to plug the phone into USB to get those so little point. I rarely use the app but pay the money for the infotainment service so I can see the traffic situation on the in car nav when I get in the car. If your car is very new I think it might do a lot more. In a previous version you could see your service history but that's  disappeared so if I ever took a trip to we buy any car I'd have to go with the bills like in the very old days pre service books.

it's the same for my octavia 2018, it doesn't have the emergency call function and the whole "crap" so you can see if the windows are closed and stuff, which i never was interested in :) . the online traffic is the only thing i was missing

On 01/04/2022 at 22:25, Antimus said:

I'll try a new cable but I'm pretty sure this is a top like cable. I've also tried WiFi.

did you manage to solve the problem?

• Like 1

I got everything working except Smartlink+ which I've activated the license for them tells me to enable data sharing which is on but doesn't actually enable Smartlink+

Funnily, if i log in on the skoda connect site on the web and want to see what services are active for my car, it tells me that smartlink+ isn't activated (it was shown as active without validity period before the "blackout"). Maybe because of that there is the message "not fully compatible" in the app and no logbook.

Read this a couple of daya ago and gave it another try. And all worked fine, Skoda connect was back online. So it was a ghitch from their servers. Now I'm upset as I was relaxed that I wouldn't have to pay to extend this option, but since it's working again I feel the "urge" to pay for the whole package, not just the Care Connect features. 

Hi all.

so the car went in for warranty work and by the end the manager and Skoda customer services had the Skoda Connect working on an Android device. It showed the white globe, a WLAN interface icons and had the petrol and details on the app.

however when I then tried to link it with my iPhone although I got to register the car, it showed much the same as other users. It failed to show any car data such as fuel etc. instead displaying the ‘not compatible message’?! 

why? It worked on Android but not iOS apps. Is there an error with the iOS app? 

To be honest I was  glad I connected the car and it’s registered but it’s pretty pointless. It’s just info that we already know. 

Just connect CarPlay and get on with it using Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps.

I did however update the SD card for my Sat Nav. Very easy and far simpler than the pointless My Skoda App. 

cheers All